Home

MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2014, 10:20 AM   #193
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
My feelings on this are that the screens ARE underwhelming...but all of next gen has been. Even Killzone which was built specifically for next gen doesn't look leaps a d bounds better than games like GTA5, Last of Us, Uncharted 3 etc. The move to these next gen systems has been the smallest leap, IMO, as far as wow factor goes when compared to previous transitions.
Remember we were going from SD PS2/Xbox and into the HD 1080P/720 with 360/PS3 hate when I hear these comments and people fail to realize that
Old 03-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #194
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Remember we were going from SD PS2/Xbox and into the HD 1080P/720 with 360/PS3 hate when I hear these comments and people fail to realize that

I agree it gets to the point where we won't see a huge difference like we once did.

But even with that it still looks great to me and looks like a dramatic improvement.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 03-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #195
Banned

OVR: 4

And dont forget, Uncharted 3 came towards he end of the cycle, TLOU was at THE END of the cycle same with GTA5. So by the end of a console cycle, you expect a level of know how and awesomeness. Remember, this is at the very BEGINNING of the PS4 cycle, even the Show devs got that much better as time went on. You compare 13 to 07 or 08 and you'll see where they got to. Give it a few years, and the Show on PS4 will absolutely shine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #196
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Its not a port in any way shape or form as confirmed by the developers.

Judging by most of your posts its clear you have an agenda here one would suggest.

edit: considering you started this gem of a thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-baseball.html then i think we'll take your opinions with a truckload of salt, and the rest.
that was a simple though that I have and a simple opinion, the same as now, to me The Show is a great game, I played every year but every year has been played less because has become slate with no improvements on the player models and the same commentary for years and years, I was hoping for a big jump over the PS4 but is not happening now, in my opinion, the game looks just a little better than PS3, but like I said every other PS4 game has been like that, only NBA 2K14 make a good jump on player faces and some details, but the PS3 version of NBA 2K was NOT on the same level as The Show, FIFA suffer the same problem, they were already too amazing on PS3, is just a minor upgrade, thats my opinion, put salt or sugar if you want to, but I dont see that much of a difference.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:31 AM   #197
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Where are all the gnats and mosquitoes? There's always some of them. And why can't I smell them ratchet fans that don't wipe completely through the screen?

Quit slippin', SCEA!

But that glove texture map and volumetric bloom lighting tho! *drools like Homer Simpson*
Old 03-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #198
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
that was a simple though that I have and a simple opinion, the same as now, to me The Show is a great game, I played every year but every year has been played less because has become slate with no improvements on the player models and the same commentary for years and years, I was hoping for a big jump over the PS4 but is not happening now, in my opinion, the game looks just a little better than PS3, but like I said every other PS4 game has been like that, only NBA 2K14 make a good jump on player faces and some details, but the PS3 version of NBA 2K was NOT on the same level as The Show, FIFA suffer the same problem, they were already too amazing on PS3, is just a minor upgrade, thats my opinion, put salt or sugar if you want to, but I dont see that much of a difference.
I dont wanna sound mean or a bad guy like I have been recently, but tbh, if you dont see a difference in these shots compared to the last PS4 shots we got on Feb 13th, OR even PS3 shots?? You my friend need an eye exam. (It'd be one thing to say they dont impress you, that's your opinion and your entitled to it, but your ignorant to say there's no difference).
Old 03-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #199
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Hmmmm, I wonder if there is any videos "in the oven"...
Russell liked this! Sweet!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #200
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I dont wanna sound mean or a bad guy like I have been recently, but tbh, if you dont see a difference in these shots compared to the last PS4 shots we got on Feb 13th, OR even PS3 shots?? You my friend need an eye exam. (It'd be one thing to say they dont impress you, that's your opinion and your entitled to it, but your ignorant to say there's no difference).
You are the one who need an eye exam, or you did not read my post:

" in my opinion, the game looks just a little better than PS3 "

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »