Home

MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-27-2014, 05:09 AM   #209
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
any plans on allowing female players to be created??
As a female fan/gamer I am interested to see if this will happen some day.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #210
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswithbats
As a female fan/gamer I am interested to see if this will happen some day.
My 7 year old daughter asked me this as well. She loves beginner mode

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #211
Rookie

Tommy9017's Arena

i just cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #212
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
So you enter the 2014 draft showcase, get drafted, decide you want to go to a 4 year college, come back and do the showcase and get drafted again... in 2014. Haha.

I get why they do it that way, but it would be cool if it actually advanced time, or gave you the option to.
I think another reason for this feature being set this way is for year to year saves. i may be wrong but I have a feeling this was done to factor into this feature some how
Old 03-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #213
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

If it advanced time you have to think about how they would sim those years. Would it just be a rigid set advancement that SCEA came up with before hand (which would be the same for everyone) or would it do an actual sim like you would in RTTS. Not sure what other way they would progress time. Imagine sitting while a 4 years were simmed just to play the showcase again. That would make that feature almost worthless to everyone who didn't want to sit through that.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #214
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

OVR: 2

As a person that plays RttS 95% of the time I am so happy to hear the improvements to it. Also happy to hear Broadcast audio is put back in (with the option to turn it off for those that liked '13's version).

One question though, as this has always bugged me in RttS playing as a pitcher. Will RttS pitchers get credit for at bats (and even fielding) when those oppurtunitues come up? Like bunting a runner into scoring position, or RBI's, hits, HRs (and even scoring from a base)?

I had a game recently where I hit a HR (with a player on base) to go ahead 2-0 in the game, which ended up being the final score. It was such an epic moment for me but there was no fanfare, no excitement from the game. The game acted like it was a typical play. The end result was I only got 5 points for the Run. Also I got player of the game based off of pitching but not the 2 run HR? I thought that was weird (the team was pretty much hit-less during that game).

This updates are making it hard for me to wait it out till May, guess I might have to get all 3 versions (I really hope the pitch meter stutter is gone form Vita version this year)
Old 03-30-2014, 12:48 PM   #215
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Im not trying to be over critical and want to say outright that I really like the changes to RTTS this year and adding back in the commentary as a option.

My question is with the changes. In interviews its stated that they wanted to make changes to RTTS goal system because it wasnt realistic and didnt give the feeling they wanted.....so why were they ever in there in the first place? If it isnt realistic or fun or whatever, why did they have it in there for so long and then decide to change it after years of it being like that?

I looking forward to the new design and hope to spend a lot of time with this version. Thanks for the changes SCEA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 01:02 PM   #216
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

New to MLB The Show and will be buying this year, quick question.

Do you have to play every game or can you sim individual games? Can you sim parts of games and enter whenever you want?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »