Home

EA Sports UFC Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Xbox One, PS4)

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Xbox One, PS4) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2014, 05:57 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA Sports UFC Demo Arrives June 3rd, Features Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson

It's tough at first to stuff a takedown, but once you get used to the timing it feels a little OP. Of course, I do have Jon Jones tho lol. Blocking transitions and attempting subs are giving me problems tho...LOVING the demo so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 06:11 AM   #66
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: EA Sports UFC Demo Arrives June 3rd, Features Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson

I downloaded the demo and gave it a go but it's just not for me, thanks for the Eu account making tips gents.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Really hope in some sort of improvements for the final version cause this is not an mma game .. its an arcade, button mashing, fighting game...
Old 06-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #68
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Knockouts are kind of an eyesore, specifically how you can't get on top of them after and have the referee pull you off.

Just looks way unrealistic, it also looks like they almost die when they get knocked out, and the fighter and the referee are just standing there looking at him, hopefully something to be worked on for the next version. Have knockouts look more realistic.
Wondering if not being able to jump on opponent is because of UFC not wanting it in. Kinda like how NFL wouldn't allow EA to put in late hits out of bounds because they didn't want to promote that kind of action.

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 06-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
Wondering if not being able to jump on opponent is because of UFC not wanting it in. Kinda like how NFL wouldn't allow EA to put in late hits out of bounds because they didn't want to promote that kind of action.
I thought that too but the UFC did allow THQ to do that in UFC 3.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: EA Sports UFC Demo Available Now For Xbox One, Soon For PS4

Getting rid for PS4. One demo reminded Mr of how much I really don't like the triggers on the One.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 06-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Can someone inform me just how you make a EU PS4 account? I don't need it so much for the EA UFC demo because it should be released by the time I get off work, BUT for the future I'd like to have one in the wings for cases like last night.

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #72
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

DL'ed on PS4 last night and quickly went through the tutorials then played 5 fights. I lost all of them except 1. I really need to go back through the tutorials again because I was so excited to actually play the game that I didn't really retain any of that. The submissions are still confusing to me, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after playing a little more.

The game is good, but far from great. The main thing about it is it's fun, but in my short time with it, it seems like more of a fighting game that an actual sports game (although I realize it isn't supposed to be a "sim")

Positives- The game looks and sounds amazing. I remember someone saying that footwork looked robotic after seeing one of the videos, but it's great, in my opinion. Landing a solid punch stepping forward looks and feels much better than throwing a punch while going backwards. Damage is well done and the atmosphere is amazing.

Neutral - Honestly I don't have much of an opinion now on the submissions system or ground game. In all of my fights no one even came close to a sub. The system is a little confusing, but I'm sure I will get it after playing more. The same thing goes for the ground game... I'm really not quite sure of what I'm doing on the ground yet. If I got taken down I basically just spammed the R Stick and eventually could get back to my feet without taking too much damage. If I got on top I normally got in a few shots and sometimes even improved my position before getting reversed. I'm sure I'll get this down after going through the tutorials another time or two.

Negatives - Let me preface this my saying that I knew most of it beforehand, but once I started playing I really, really missed a lot of things. This game really could be improved by adding sways, feints, the ability to catch kicks and fight stoppages. Little things like being able to pounce on a fighter once he goes down and the ref jumping in would be great additions, as well. Also, unless I'm just extremely unlucky it doesn't seem like you can use the cage at all in this game - which is a disappointment, especially for a Next Gen game. Other than that the CPU is extremely aggressive and is constantly pushing forward. Like I said it's more of a fighting game than a UFC game, so if you go into expecting a realistic fight sim then you're going to be let down. Side note: If guys like Machida fight the same as the guys in the demo, then I'm going to be pretty put off.

Overall, this is still a day one buy for me. I'm hoping that once we get to use more fighters that we'll be able to tell a bigger difference between each of them and that most of them aren't aggressive as the guys in the demo.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »