Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #25
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
MLB the show is on it's own level at this point. 2k isn't even at that level with all the gameplay shortcomings that still remain virtually untouched for 5+ years and lacks core basketball fundamental integrity.

I'd rather have a game build up progressively and eventually hit you with the full on OMG and WOW factors, than just masking clear as day gameplay issues with front-loading the game with a dump truck load of animations and modes to try and take attention away from the blatant flawed gameplay that many have urged to be fixed. I'm saying this and I love 2k Sports, but they need a fire lit under their rear when it comes to some things to take their game (which almost has it all imo) over the top.
So as far as the progressive build up and eventual OMG payoff, I mean, not trying to be a jerk, but how much longer we talking here? Again, not trying to troll, but it's been a long time and we still don't have penalties or working sliders for gameplay basic stuff, let alone the more advanced stuff that's still missing.

I hear a lot of "it's coming, it's coming. Phase 2 next, phase 3 after" stuff like that, but when is it going to truly come together? 2 more years? 3 more years?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #26
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
MLB the show is on it's own level at this point. 2k isn't even at that level with all the gameplay shortcomings that still remain virtually untouched for 5+ years and lacks core basketball fundamental integrity.

I'd rather have a game build up progressively and eventually hit you with the full on OMG and WOW factors, than just masking clear as day gameplay issues with front-loading the game with a dump truck load of animations and modes to try and take attention away from the blatant flawed gameplay that many have urged to be fixed. I'm saying this and I love 2k Sports, but they need a fire lit under their rear when it comes to some things to take their game (which almost has it all imo) over the top.
Ok, let's take 2k out of it then but are you saying that you feel it's an either or type of thing and Tiburon shouldn't be able to build on both, year over year? I can get with not adding bandaids and instead taking the time to implement core fixes. What I don't understand is what that has to do with things like presentation, CFM depth and a host of "little things". Those things add up to bring the "WOW" factor while the fundamentals are under construction.

Maybe it comes down to each persons definition of 'WOW" factor though, for me it's those subtle instances where I have to do a double take and almost forgetting I'm just playing a video game.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #27
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

OVR: 0

I think that the graphics look pretty nice, but to me it is still the same Madden, not the next generation Madden. Perhaps, my expectations were entirely too high. I thought with all of the "room", for lack of a better term, that these new generation of consoles have, that we would see something that looks and feels different from the last generation. Don't get me wrong, the graphics, as I stated before, look great, but by watching this video it still feels like I am watching the PS3/Xbox 360 version of the game with new gen graphics...if that makes sense.

It has to be the animations and player interactions with other characters (players and refs) and the field itself. It feels clunky. For example, I don't know what time in the video it occurs, but a defensive player for the 49ers gets up after the play and begins to start a running type of animation, but then immediately stops and starts walking. It wasn't smooth and that made it not look natural. It was almost like it skipped a few frames or something.

The scene transitions still have the last gen feel, as well. When it goes from after the play, to the sideline and the back to the field (just for one example), it seemed laggy or something. It does not feel smooth, natural or organic to me.

I know that it is just a video game, but I thought much of this legacy stuff left over from last gen would be ironed out this year. Seriously, it just looks like a PS3/360 version with better graphics...at least in this video and the videos since E3.

Last edited by testudoaubreii; 06-27-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #28
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

But we're here to talk about Madden. When are we gonna be able to to say the same about it like we can with The Show? We've heard "we're working on it, it'll be here soon, " before. But the same stuff remains unfixed. I want Madden to succeed just as any one else, but when? When will DB/WR interactions be fixed/added? Less sliding, actual foot - planting? Penalties? Player specific movements? QB Dropbacks, head tracking and True Step for all players, the list goes on. Things that affect gameplay. It's always "next year." I hope it is this time.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #29
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
But we're here to talk about Madden. When are we gonna be able to to say the same about it like we can with The Show? We've heard "we're working on it, it'll be here soon, " before. But the same stuff remains unfixed. I want Madden to succeed just as any one else, but when? When will DB/WR interactions be fixed/added? Less sliding, actual foot - planting? Penalties? Player specific movements? QB Dropbacks, head tracking and True Step for all players, the list goes on. Things that affect gameplay. It's always "next year." I hope it is this time.
Exactly.

I'm hoping that since the front end graphics now look good enough to last a couple years on their own, now EA will just sit down and truly focus on the stuff under the hood and hammer out a true leap in on field gameplay/performance.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
its been "next year" for years now.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #31
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6

We just got to accept Madden for what it is......

A LACKLUSTER AND SOUL-LESS FOOTBALL GAME
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #32
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

The pre play animations when you are picking your plays and you can see players walking to the huddle and interacting with each other look great and very lifelike. It's obvious that they are able to capture realistic movement, so what tech and what actors are they using to do it for those animations, and why aren't the same tech and actors being used for the rest of the game?

Graphics and player models look much better, but the "big head" syndrome can still be seen on the Punter at around 3:10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »