Home

MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #137
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

Cant you just use R1 to return the runner to 1st on a lazy fly ball?
Old 07-18-2014, 11:33 PM   #138
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
They catered to you then LOL. But that is unlike SCEA. They usually leave in the little things. It is what gives this game it's undeniable charm.

X button is your friend. But some of us love to take it all in and have the option to speed along when we want. I hope they bring back the 'little things" like mentioned above that make this baseball game so great year after year.

Don't get me wrong. 14 is by far my favorite version. I just want it all.
They are the only title in all sports games so far that strip their game of its presentation, pace and intentionally generate an arcadish, rapid pace of play that is forced onto all users. I don't understand the thought process on this at all. Especially in a sport like baseball, where there easily is no other sport with more need to present things, but they don't even present batters as they walkup to the plate.. & while going through their at bat.

Plus the fact that this PS4 debut was largely about showcasing the new recreated ballparks and ballpark atmosphere, sounds, organs, etc, yet the game doesn't even remotely play in real time. Obviously I personally came into this year thinking that elements like this were going to be a massive part of this franchise, only to find it all but non-existent.

Compare this to the status of other major sports titles, it is difficult to understand how far this edition has strayed from those kind of aspirations. Even racing titles are even allowing you to take formation laps, and hold 24 hr races leaving no stone unturned on the gameplay preferences of everyone that could pick up the title.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 07-18-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #139
Rookie

Nate99's Arena

I was wondering if they plan on fixing the cpu lineups when starting a franshise with a fantasy draft. A lot of cpu controlled teams have a 1 to 2 person bench for the whole season. This bug has been there since last year. The only thing that fixes it is simulating one year but I don't really want to. I like to start playing with the team I built in the first year.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:04 AM   #140
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
When you have some people with the issue and some without then its not that easy of a fix. Im not saying its not an issue. Just trying to say it doesnt happen every time. When i was trying to get the video of it not happening i actually had it happen on an out.
For me not every time but easily 95 percent of the time he slides into second.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:11 AM   #141
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6

Just experienced a soft freeze on PS3 after a balk. So I guess that isn't really fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 01:13 AM   #142
Banned

Steven78's Arena

I've seen freezes on balks and pitches in the dirt yet.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:15 AM   #143
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Re. the baserunning problems:

Probably a daft question but if you are using pure analog, you have made sure that you have set the sliding decisions to on??
Actually I do use pure analog for hitting. Maybe this is part of the problem?

I'm tempted to say if some are experiencing the problem and others aren't, the glitch might be somehow tied to batting preference,

Anyway, yes, I use analog hitting, and the Sliding Decisions setting is on default Auto. Should I be switching it to On? Would that alleviate the problem? The description says "When ON, the CPU will automatically slide for the user's runner"... seems like that would just make things worse.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:20 AM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 2

Online alphabetic vault sorting is still broken. Color me not surprised in the slightest.

Last edited by AnEternalEnigma; 07-19-2014 at 05:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »