Home

MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 Re: MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

Yeah, andrelton simmons face is still an abortion. No change was made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 05:45 AM   #146
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Re: MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

Smh..... Sadly not close to a day one purchase anymore, may just take a break from this series to see how things might pan out.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:40 AM   #147
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

Great:
Custom camera fix
Analog throwing sensitivity adjusted
Organ music playing
Catcher sign hand doesn't morph through his gear anymore----scratch that it still happens.

Not so great:
When taking a stride and letting the ball pass the batter still goes in some sort of double stride re-take sometimes
Still no stamina/confidence bar in the quick menu or select menu
Chalk not degrading during the game
Graphic that comes out of the scorebar now and then still blocks the analog pitching meter

Last edited by LastActionHero; 07-19-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #148
Rookie

unBEARable's Arena

Re: MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Can't believe the lighting wasn't fixed. It's dark out there in Pittsburgh. Geez!
Same with Wrigley and a few others. It's a shame as it really makes night/floodlight games look not to great and one of the selling points this year was the stadiums.

I also noticed the bug report regarding stadium lighting is longer appearing. It was #12288.

If you put http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/12288 it just takes you to the home page. Strange.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #149
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
The CE-34878-0 blue screen of death is not specific to the Show. It's a PS4-wide issue that appears on a number of games, so a Show patch ain't gonna fix it unfortunately. It would have to come in a PS4 system update, but I'm not sure when--people have been getting this since PS4 launched last year.
Thank you. I was somewhat aware of this as a PS4-wide issue, however seeing specific menus causing problems, I was hoping against hope.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone had the problem with the fielder running in the opposite direction of where you want him to go? It made me lose a no hitter yesterday and I'm upset that this wasn't fixed.

Also the laggy frame rate that happens sometimes.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #151
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
Actually I do use pure analog for hitting. Maybe this is part of the problem?

I'm tempted to say if some are experiencing the problem and others aren't, the glitch might be somehow tied to batting preference,

Anyway, yes, I use analog hitting, and the Sliding Decisions setting is on default Auto. Should I be switching it to On? Would that alleviate the problem? The description says "When ON, the CPU will automatically slide for the user's runner"... seems like that would just make things worse.
I don't know how hard of an adjustment this is, but maybe try releasing the stick more quickly after you complete your swing and see if that helps. I have a feeling you're pre-loading the slide by keeping the stick pushed up for a little too long.

Hopefully that helps.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #152
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Re. the baserunning problems:

Probably a daft question but if you are using pure analog, you have made sure that you have set the sliding decisions to on??

Amazingly, turning the sliding decisions to ON seems to have solved the problem! Even though the description for ON says the CPU will make all sliding decisions, I haven't had the CPU go into an automatic slide yet!

Twice I was able backpedal on a fly ball out without the automatic slide burning me!

Not sure why this works for me (or anyone using pure analog...?) but I'll take it! You, sir, are a master.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »