Home

MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-20-2014, 01:48 AM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

The strike zone it's still awful, everything a strike. This has to be fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2014, 02:13 AM   #178
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelstrout
The strike zone it's still awful, everything a strike. This has to be fix.

We are clearly playing two very different games. Im pretty sure there is a way to pay off the refs that i dont know of.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:24 AM   #179
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
That's incredible, after every pitch the panning is done. I could simply upload the last 2 innings worth of defensive gameplay to prove it. The only possible reason you have a difference is you have your presentations set on fast play. Fast Play, and Broadcast are the only two options, and I have not resorted to playing the Fast Play version in this mode yet. Once I resume playing I'll switch over to fast play and see whether I experience the same thing you are.

Which I have just done and yes predictably resorting to fast play option will eliminate the ridiculousness of panning the camera around the entire ballpark as I've described. The only drawback is I also despise Fast Play. So to say this is the only possible way to make PlayerLock/RTTS playable when you want to play All Pitches is like an oxymoron. Call me a I still consider this mode broken as it gets.

It shouldn't be difficult to understand that if I want to play out a full game witnessing "All Pitches" I obviously would not enable fast play under reasonable circumstances.
I remember having this problem, and I also remember there being an option that fixes it. Let me check my settings and get back to you in this.

In short - I've seen what both of you are seeing, and neither side is wrong. This ALMOST ruined all pitch rtts for me too until I fixed it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited by bcruise; 07-20-2014 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:11 AM   #180
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
My RTTS options(which drive player lock as well)
Broadcast
On
All pitches
All pitches
All
Pitcher Zoom
Fielder
Off
On
On
All
Analog
All

Presentation mode (under PRESENTATIONS) is also Broadcast

No custom camera used

M.K.
Knight165
Side by side, a view of offensive and the problematic defensive sides of player lock / rtts gameplay with the mode of all pitches selected.

These are my RTTS settings which you can see in pt1. We differ most significantly in the "RTTS Presentation Style" which you have in broadcast while I have it in 1st person. Supposedly this only affects the type of commentary that's given on the game, but it's unknown whether this is the key difference. If it is, I'll update the post.

1st Person
On
All pitches
All pitches
All
Outfield
Fielder
On
Off
Off

All
Analog
All

Presentation mode (under PRESENTATIONS) is also Broadcast

No custom camera used
Old 07-20-2014, 03:44 AM   #181
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Well, good news and bad news. First off: Knight, I believe you can confirm this issue by creating a new profile from the experienced template, setting RTTS Presentation Style to 1st person and Game Watch to All Fielding. I just did that, and got this. This is what you're seeing, right legend?

Confirming the issue exists is the good news (in a way, gets everyone on the same page). The bad news is...I can't figure out why it doesn't happen to me anymore with my RTTS. It might be that this only affects playerlock and not RTTS and that I was confusing them (I played a lot of both modes when the game came out).

But I do know one thing for sure. Setting the RTTS Option "RTTS Presentation Style" to Broadcast should remove the pan entirely, on both player lock and RTTS modes. If it didn't, pause the game and look at your RTTS Options (even if you're in playerlock it'll still be there) and make absolutely sure it's not set to 1st person. If it was, then you didn't get the right profile loaded. But changing it in-game should have the same effect, and you can see what it's supposed to look like.

If it's still panning while THIS option (NOT the one in the presentation menu) is set on Broadcast...then I don't know what to tell you.

Fast Play in the presentation options will remove the pan between pitches too, although that's something of a "nuke button" solution. If you really want to play with 1st Person mode on, I guess you could use that.

Last edited by bcruise; 07-20-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 07:56 AM   #182
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Is anyone else seeing more errors after patch? I'm at default sliders and in first game after patch, there were 6 total errors; 4 by CPU and 2 by me. Next game there were 3. In 30 games prior to that, I saw maybe 5 total.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #183
Rookie

vinny_pizza's Arena

OVR: 2

See
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Does anyone think hitting has been reduced by the patch?

Maybe it's just a strange couple games that I have played but it seems like the CPU especially is making less HARD CONTACT and htting more choppers and soft bloops.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it seems like there is way less pop all of a sudden.......I know I can tweak the sliders but just want some other opinions on what you guys are seeing
Maybe it's the fact that I'm playing the Cubs, but I've killed against them the last couple of games post patch. I hit 5 dingers against them yesterday on all star using your set, which I love BTW.

As for the cpu, again, maybe it's the Cubs but they've only hit one hr against me with not much else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited by vinny_pizza; 07-20-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #184
Rookie

OVR: 5

Is it just me, or does it seem like the crowd reacts a lot more realistically (eg. standing up at appropriate times and appearing to get amped/rowdy, getting louder and actually STAYING louder at key parts of a game, etc.)? It seems like the crowd volume had also been amped up later in the innings and especially when a home pitcher has two strikes and two outs on a batter late in the game.

Maybe I missed that crowd ambiance was updated a while ago in a different patch or maybe I'm just convincing myself that it seems different now after this latest one. Can anyone confirm or deny what I appear to be hearing/seeing in regard to this?? Haha!

(And organ sounds are played throughout the game and in various stadiums now in my franchise that I'm currently partaking in. Just FYI for those who may not believe that they WERE actually implemented.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »