Home

NBA Live 15 Features Revealed, Improved Visuals Trailer Released

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Features Revealed, Improved Visuals Trailer Released within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #153
Banned

Live2K's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Features Revealed, Improved Visuals Trailer Released

Looks very much improved but the demo will be the deciding factor for me. Could this be the year I finally put down live 10!?
Old 09-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #154
Rookie

sega2k's Arena

Surprised they didn't show off KD, Paul George, Parker, or Harden..
Old 09-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #155
Rookie

Does anyone know the approximate date for a demo?

NHL 15's demo was released approximately 2 weeks before the scheduled release. If they have the same demo window for Live, that would mean the demo drops on the 23rd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #156
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Agree about the animations. Some of those dunks as well as the Lillard cross over had that awkward Live look to it where the movement doesn't quite look fluid and life-like. However, with that said, there is a lot to like from this trailer. I was beginning to get worried about Live due to the lack of info, screens, videos, etc but this video definitely has me interested.

Was anyone else more excited from this trailer oppose to 2k's? 2k looks good but if I didn't know it was a 2k15 video I would have mistaken it for 2k14. This Live trailer proves that we aren't dealing with the same game from last year or the baggage from the last 4 years. I wouldn't say Live looks like the better game this year but I am hopeful that we finally have true competition for basketball games.

2k cant make another huge jump in graphics 2 years in a row? if you expect that then obv you know thing about how games are made.... anyways nba live doesn't even look like it should still shouldn't be same sentence as 2k yet.its an improvement from last year? yes...but I mean graphics were so awful last year it couldn't get any worse. I want live to be a great game and hope for the best.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #157
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Wow it looks like a completely new NBA Live. I didn't think EA had it in them. Here's to hoping it controls, plays, and moves as good as it looks. There may finally be competition for 2k. This can keep another 2k14 disaster from happening again.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #158
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm hopeful the gameplay looks as good as the visuals. I've always had more fun playing Live than 2K, so if the gameplay looks nice, I'll give it a go this year. If not, it's always great to have a game like 2K to fall back on. This is going to be a good year for basketball gamers!
Old 09-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #159
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I seriously think some of you who have posted are losing sight of what it means for a game to look good graphically. A guy above me said it looks good for ps3/360 but not next gen?? Are you serious??

This game looks great. It looks 'life-like' so to speak. Do the graphics pop out at you like 2K? No, they don't but it wouldn't be realistic if they did. It's about attention to detail and making everything blend together. if you look at 2l14/ps4 you will see eye-popping visuals that don't blend well together. Hell the players pop out so much i get too caught up in looking at them. Not because they look extremely life-like but because they just seperate themselves from the court.

If you are a true simulation gamer you have to find this visually appealing. The player shouldn't pop off the court while you're playing from broadcast view. They definitely don't in real life.

This is funny, because the narrative last year were that the graphics didn't matter to "true simulation" gamers...I know part of that was guys not wanting to speak badly about the game...but it definitely made be chuckle reading this.

Graphics are a big part of the immersion for me, a long with signature style...so I am definitely pleased with what I have seen so far...
Old 09-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #160
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I seriously think some of you who have posted are losing sight of what it means for a game to look good graphically. A guy above me said it looks good for ps3/360 but not next gen?? Are you serious??

This game looks great. It looks 'life-like' so to speak. Do the graphics pop out at you like 2K? No, they don't but it wouldn't be realistic if they did. It's about attention to detail and making everything blend together. if you look at 2l14/ps4 you will see eye-popping visuals that don't blend well together. Hell the players pop out so much i get too caught up in looking at them. Not because they look extremely life-like but because they just seperate themselves from the court.

If you are a true simulation gamer you have to find this visually appealing. The player shouldn't pop off the court while you're playing from broadcast view. They definitely don't in real life.
Simulation is about gameplay not colors on the court

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »