Home

Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves It?

This is a discussion on Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves It? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves I

I feel like they've created their own set of tiers in order to rate the players properly.

(95+) Basically the MVP tier, the best players that you would desperately throw a max contract knowing that you're officially a contender now that you have a acquired this player. The true Alpha Dogs. (Lebron and Durant).

(90-94) Players that you would also give a max contract, but you know full well that you need a complementary piece or a specific system in order to contend with this player. You have to turn them into Alpha Dogs. (CP3, D12, Melo, Westbrook, and maybe PG13).

(85-89) Perennial Allstars. If your desperate you'll throw a max contract at these guys, but other wise I see them acting as the Beta Dog to an Alpha if you have one. This tier could also include potential superstars that are still developing. (Curry, Davis, Griffin, Love, Wall, Harden and a few others that I know I missed).

(79-84) Potential Allstars/Above Average Starters. The guys that you place around your Alpha and Beta Dogs to solidify yourself as a contender. That third piece to put it all together. On their own they can put up great numbers, but it doesn't translate to wins. They might be the players to make one or two Allstar teams in their career. (Marc Gasol, Demarcus Cousins (He might move up though), Jrue Holiday, Andre Igoudala).

(70-78) Quality Starters/ 6th Man. The rotations guys you pick up to fill your out roster. Hopefully on reasonable contracts. This is where I see most of the vets landing. (Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, Ray Allen, Vince Carter)

(60-69) Rotation guys and Rookies. The players you fill out the rest of your bench with or fill specific roles.

(59 and under) One dimensional players signed for one specific purpose. (Steve Novak...)

There's still a few gray areas that I'm still thinking about though...

Last edited by justanotherguy; 09-03-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #106
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves I

LBJ, Cp3, Dwight or Melo or Westbrook

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #107
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Lebron James, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard. It's very hard to not include Dwight Howard in the 90's category, you might be able to make some case that may take him to the 88-89 range but you will still have a hard sell because of what he is capable of doing on both sides of the court, especially on the defensive end.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #108
MVP

OVR: 3

im in houston, and i give harden an 85 and howard an 86 in my edits
Old 09-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #109
Pro

SkillzFromThe6's Arena

Top 4 90s:

LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Old 09-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #110
Just started!

1. Lebron James
2. Carmelo Anthony
3. Derick Rose
Old 09-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
After reading the comments, I realize that a lot of people just go for the flashy or the most "advertised" players, instead of just go to their abilities (offense and defense). Harden? All the defensive abilities should take him to 85! and almost the same for Carmelo. Westbrook? All the mental abilities should be at 25, besides he is not reliable with his shooting.
No 99's beside Jordan?...And Wilt, Bill, Abdul-Jabbar, Bird and Magic.
KD 96
Lebron 95
Duncan 90 (Yes, because nobody can do good numbers in front of him, and he makes his teammates better than any player in the league).
It is just my opinion, remember that this is just the game we love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherguy
I feel like they've created their own set of tiers in order to rate the players properly.

(95+) Basically the MVP tier, the best players that you would desperately throw a max contract knowing that you're officially a contender now that you have a acquired this player. The true Alpha Dogs. (Lebron and Durant).

(90-94) Players that you would also give a max contract, but you know full well that you need a complementary piece or a specific system in order to contend with this player. You have to turn them into Alpha Dogs. (CP3, D12, Melo, Westbrook, and maybe PG13).

(85-89) Perennial Allstars. If your desperate you'll throw a max contract at these guys, but other wise I see them acting as the Beta Dog to an Alpha if you have one. This tier could also include potential superstars that are still developing. (Curry, Davis, Griffin, Love, Wall, Harden and a few others that I know I missed).

(79-84) Potential Allstars/Above Average Starters. The guys that you place around your Alpha and Beta Dogs to solidify yourself as a contender. That third piece to put it all together. On their own they can put up great numbers, but it doesn't translate to wins. They might be the players to make one or two Allstar teams in their career. (Marc Gasol, Demarcus Cousins (He might move up though), Jrue Holiday, Andre Igoudala).

(70-78) Quality Starters/ 6th Man. The rotations guys you pick up to fill out roster. Hopefully on reasonable contracts. This is where I see most of the vets landing. (Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, Ray Allen, Vince Carter)

(60-69) Rotation guys and Rookies. The players you fill out the rest of your bench with or fill specific roles.

(59 and under) One dimensional players signed for one specific purpose. (Steve Novak...)

There's still a few gray areas that I'm still thinking about though...
Let me get a good laugh about including Pau Gasol in your "Quality Starters/6th man". I am so tired of his bad press, everybody with his image of "soft". He has been an All-Star for several years. He still can put 18points and 10 rebounds (like he did while he was playing last year when he was healthy with the Lakers). Also, everybody should watch the Basketball World championship happening right now in Spain. He still shows you that besides Nowitzki, he is the best international player.
Great list and very good job!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »