Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #169
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Passes are way too fast. Doesn't seem like the trigger is pressure sensitive anymore. A simple puck sends a scorcher. Too magnetic.

Still think the gameplay is too fast and twitchy.

They need to make online hardcore. Guys are flying all over the ice. Hits are still overpowered.

I know this seems like a negative post but the game does some things well. They just need tweaks which unfortunately has been the case for a few years now.

Same things, lots of stuff is better.

I put the passing slider at 0 & 6 and seems way too fast. I thought I was holding the button to long...

Hitting/checking is way better then before, still a little much but way better. I just wish they had sliders from 0-10 instead of 0-6, that would make more of a range...

I put the game speed at 0/1 & acceleration at 1. That helps get the pace better with the skating.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #170
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
The answer is to counter their strategy. What I usually do, which might sound crazy, is I go into a full breakout attack. Meaning as soon as I get the puck in my defensive zone my wingers are flying up the ice. I look to connect with them on long, saucer passes for breakaways and odd-man rushes. I used to do this all the time on NHL 10-14. I'm not sure if it works yet on NHL 15 because I haven't figured out all the strategies and how to change them all.
When you do this, are you adjusting your team strategy settings to the full aggressive off attack or in the off line 1/2/3/4 & def line 1/2/3 areas...
Old 09-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #171
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Just some more Impressions as I probably have 25 games in play now and nothing and I mean nothing feels forced since I found my proper skill level and sliders .

I also see a big difference/variance in player and team talent levels , nice and Im Calgary vs Boston and Im really struggling man this game just feels so much like NHL hockey , I mean EA really caught the spirit of the game and penalties are also tweak near perfect if you set it up well .

Win or lose I feel like I have control and trust me the gameplay and AI isnt a copy of 14 as NHL 15 just has so much more depth and really just play a realistic but fun game of Hockey very addicting

PS : You cant play this game out of the box ! You have to find your skill level and on the PS4 adjust your TV if it doesnt look amazing ! and enjoy

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-10-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #172
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The one thing that stood out the most from playing a few online HUT games last night:

-- The poke check is almost useless now online. You can hit the puck dead-on with your stick, and it will only jar it loose for a split-second before the puck carrier automatically regains control. They really need to up the poke check effectiveness slider for online games.

The PS4 version really does feel completely different from the Xbox 360 edition on the ice. I had a hard time going back to play the 360 game this morning; the latter just feels incredibly dated and overly familiar.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-10-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #173
Rookie

OVR: 4
I returned it this morning, at which point the store employee said, "Wow, we're getting a lot of these back today!"

Good riddance to the hollow effort of NHL 15 that took me for granted. Hope to make a wiser investment with this $70 soon!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #174
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Oh and the hitting and checking is so realistic when you find your skill levels and sliders but please just remember guys this aint MLB The Show its not near perfect out of the box and sliders can be a chore but wow when you nail them you cant stop playing ! Its really in the game just too many little things to mention , but they really tightened up neutral zone play and if you skate it in the zone theyre all over you like stink on a monkey , dump and chase boys

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-10-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:30 PM   #175
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice
I returned it this morning, at which point the store employee said, "Wow, we're getting a lot of these back today!"

Good riddance to the hollow effort of NHL 15 that took me for granted. Hope to make a wiser investment with this $70 soon!
Give to the needy.

I love how you can hit a bouncing puck. Scored a sweet one timer by Pavs from Jumbo. Looked so real too.

Last edited by Hockeynut99; 09-10-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #176
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Oh and the hitting and checking is so realistic when you find your skill levels and sliders but please just remember guys this aint MLB The Show its not near perfect out of the box and sliders can be a chore but wow when you nail them you cant stop playing ! Its really in the game just too many little things to mention , but they really tightened up neutral zone play and if you skate it in the zone theyre all over you like stink on a monkey , dump and chase boys
Are these results all from play now exhibition games? Because it seems to be the findings of many that, no matter what sliders you have, once you start your GM games things sort of break down and the gameplay kind of reverts back to what it wants.

That is pretty much how it was historically speaking as well with the franchise modes in NHL.

It usually spells trouble that all you can get a decent game from is play now because you won't have sliders for online and in the other mode(s) the sliders are very hit or miss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »