Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Put poke checking at max, and poke check when the defenseman firing a shot from the blue line. You will see puck deflecting of your stick and going to the crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #146
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXZeke
You can play coop in play now and GM mode. You can not play couch coop online.

Thanx a lot!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #147
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
NHL 15 does a great job at punishing you if you make a mistake – this is godsend and a first in any hockey game so far. It actually forces you to play well, forces you to be vigilant and forces you to be on your toes, which really captures the essence of hockey.

For years I’ve wanted a game where, if you make a sloppy pass or if you mistime your hits, the CPU will punish you with a goal or at least create a great scoring chance. Never before had any hockey game managed to capture that accurately. Now we have it and I think it adds a contagious depth to the game. If you lose 5:0 you know why you’ve lost – it’s not because the CPU has cheated, but because you’ve been sloppy.
You made several good points, and I want to add to this one. Not only does this apply to each play or decision, but I think extends to overall strategy more than ever before as well. I was able to come back from some early deficits by cranking up the forecheck and telling my guys to blow the zone, but I gave up some prime chances and odd-mans. So not only did I get the reward of turnovers and some odd-man rushes of my own, but the risk was there, at least when using more defensive-oriented sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
I've been playing EA NHL since NHL92. I am not the most skill but I think I know a thing or two about hockey. The CPU will go ape sh*t on you from time to time and they are unstoppable. They will pass the puck like they are the Sedin brothers on steroids while to dragging you. When that happen, you can't be aggressive and put pressure on the CPU because he will punish you. You almost have to play zone defense and wait for them to shoot and go for the rebound.
You know when I feel like this? When I get trapped in my zone with fatigued players. Something to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
If you guard the blue line, they will skate around for 30 sec or so. They will not go back to their zone, reset the play or dump the puck.
This can be frustrating. While it's good the CPU won't just try to plow forward if you stack the blueline, it seems to take them a while to make up their mind on their next move. They will dump the puck if you deny entry, but they usually skate around without doing a proper regroup for a little bit first. I've also seen them skate the puck directly towards their own goal when pinned in their own a few times. Like nearly running into their goalie straight at the goal, not circling behind. Getting the CPU to play more "indirectly" with dumps, chips, using the boards to clear the zone, etc would really improve offline play.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 2

You had some good point Qb but its not always the case. I think its might be due to momentum shift. The A.I goes into this "God mode" from time to time and put an enormous amount of pressure on you. Why doesn't my CPU teammate are not doing the same thing in offensive zone ? They just watch the puck go in the corner and retreat. Even with strategy set to aggressive.

I don't mind dealing with pressure but the pass assist is really killing my chance of using the board to free up the zone. That's has been the most glaring issue with the game. Stop assisting me and I'll be happy.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #149
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius
I played 2 games and I already regret purchasing this for full price...

Somehow the full game plays so much worse than the demo.

Started on all-star, got hammered 6-0; moved down to pro, quit after 2 periods and being down 5-1.

It's even worse than 13 and 14 with the CPU being completely overpowered.

Aside from the fact that EVERY team just feeds the slot and scores on laser one-timers from close range (there's absolutely no style difference in how teams play) and CPU goalies, no matter how shaky they are in real life, all seem to be otherworldly good; the thing that still enrages me the most is skating.
I've NEVER seen anyone skate like the CPU does in this game and it's been an issue for the past 2-3 years. Whenever I've got them lined up for a hit hey just seem to be able to stop on a dime and turn in whatever direction they want, momentum doesn't seem to play a role, it's just stop - do a 180 - turn left - turn right and I'm not able to make any play.
Good, I'm glad to see someone else is having this problem as well. While I haven't quite had that extreme margin of defeat, it does seem as if the CPU scores on one-timers with extreme regularity and the defensive and goalie A/I for user team isn't able to keep up. It seems like 90% of the time if the CPU goes for a one-timer, its in the back of the net. Are any of you other guys having this problem?
Old 09-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #150
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

I love the action cam.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiles76
Good, I'm glad to see someone else is having this problem as well. While I haven't quite had that extreme margin of defeat, it does seem as if the CPU scores on one-timers with extreme regularity and the defensive and goalie A/I for user team isn't able to keep up. It seems like 90% of the time if the CPU goes for a one-timer, its in the back of the net. Are any of you other guys having this problem?
Yes, You need to tweak the slider to increase pass interception by human. You have to really stay in the passing lane and hope for the best. If your defenseman pursue the puck carrier behind the net, you are royally screwed. They will bind pass at the speed of light for an laser one-timer. Also I notice that goalie screening is way too effective. You will try to be in the shot lane to block the shot and you will screen your goalie from very very far away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #152
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

Icon5 Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Mistakes end up in the back of the net this year. I have to really watch my play in my own end. Also love how the puck bounces and the studs are actually studs now in my opinion. Really love how the ice looks and feels like ice too. Bum that you can't add music to the game on ps4 or that the sweaters don't seem to be tucked in for some players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »