Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2014, 01:02 AM   #113
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Unreal that those things were not even in upon completion of this game. Glad they were patched in, but wow.
It does at least give me some hope that player edits will make it in this year.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 09-10-2014, 01:48 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 2

There is so many things to dislike about this version of NHL15.

The puck physics might be better but the passing is 3 generations behind. Even on hardcore with no pass assist, you have almost no control. It really deteriorate the experience. It is the most glaring aspect of the games that was clearly dumb down in order to make the deadline. I really hopes EA patches this as soon as possible.

CPU puck control. Its been my issue for the past 7 or 8 years. This version is no different. Every single player toe drag and dangle the puck like superstars, regardless of their rating. When I see grinders dangling and toe dragging the puck like they are Jordan Eberle, its a little bit annoying. Toe drag is a move that you barely see in the game. Once in a while someone uses it and make the highlights of the night. In this game, its every player.

The CPU magic lift stick abilities. They will always lift your stick perfectly and they will never get a penalty for high sticking. Even you dare to use it, you will be call a penalty almost immediately.

The CPU also have magic speed to get to rebound or the puck in the corner. You will check them and you bounce off like you just hit a rubber mat. All of this while they maintain the puck and do a blind pass on their backhand at lightning speed across the crease for a perfect one timer.

All of this I experience on All-Stars/Hardcore simulation. I did start to tweak my own sliders to try to limit the CPU super abilities but the slider doesn't go up or down far enough to really impact enough certain super abilities. It tone down but still over the top.

Most of the game I played tonight ended up in OT because the computer came back in 3rd (8/10 games). They become so aggressive in the 3rd period when they are trailing. Its really hard to stay in the passing lane and they play like if they were on a power play. You really have to been very patient and hope for the best. I haven't found a strategy to counter this. Some may say its a rubberband AI. I am not convince but they certainly play differently and its really hard to counter.

So far my NHL15 experience has been a little bit frustrating. Its possible that I am getting too old for playing modern hockey game but I always feel I am 1 step behind the pace of the game on All-Stars. Is the CPU AI really cheating or is it me not up to par ? I am not sure.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:08 AM   #115
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

When computer goes into god mode...look out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 02:28 AM   #116
Just started!

OVR: 0
HEY GUYS, CAN U CREAT A PLAYER AND PUT HIM IN GM SEASON MODE??? THANKS....
Old 09-10-2014, 02:38 AM   #117
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar

The puck physics might be better but the passing is 3 generations behind. Even on hardcore with no pass assist, you have almost no control. It really deteriorate the experience. It is the most glaring aspect of the games that was clearly dumb down in order to make the deadline. I really hopes EA patches this as soon as possible.

CPU puck control. Its been my issue for the past 7 or 8 years. This version is no different. Every single player toe drag and dangle the puck like superstars, regardless of their rating. When I see grinders dangling and toe dragging the puck like they are Jordan Eberle, its a little bit annoying. Toe drag is a move that you barely see in the game. Once in a while someone uses it and make the highlights of the night. In this game, its every player.

The CPU magic lift stick abilities. They will always lift your stick perfectly and they will never get a penalty for high sticking. Even you dare to use it, you will be call a penalty almost immediately.

The CPU also have magic speed to get to rebound or the puck in the corner. You will check them and you bounce off like you just hit a rubber mat. All of this while they maintain the puck and do a blind pass on their backhand at lightning speed across the crease for a perfect one timer.

All of this I experience on All-Stars/Hardcore simulation. I did start to tweak my own sliders to try to limit the CPU super abilities but the slider doesn't go up or down far enough to really impact enough certain super abilities. It tone down but still over the top.

Most of the game I played tonight ended up in OT because the computer came back in 3rd (8/10 games). They become so aggressive in the 3rd period when they are trailing. Its really hard to stay in the passing lane and they play like if they were on a power play. You really have to been very patient and hope for the best. I haven't found a strategy to counter this. Some may say its a rubberband AI. I am not convince but they certainly play differently and its really hard to counter.

So far my NHL15 experience has been a little bit frustrating. Its possible that I am getting too old for playing modern hockey game but I always feel I am 1 step behind the pace of the game on All-Stars. Is the CPU AI really cheating or is it me not up to par ? I am not sure.
Fair enough but you gotta find your skill level and then adjust your sliders to your needs as this game since 2007 plays horrible out of the box
Old 09-10-2014, 02:44 AM   #118
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar

Is this play now or BeAGM??
Old 09-10-2014, 02:57 AM   #119
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

Been enjoying the game play for sure. I have only ever played online. Grabbed it for free today when I picked up my madden bundle and destiny ps4. So for a free game I'm quite happy. GT Sudbury1978 if you want to rumble.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:00 AM   #120
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhex27
It's true. It won't let you put the second controller on the same team even in offline play now mode. Mind blowing.

Please can anyone confirm this, you can't play co-op on the same team, not in BAGM and PlayNow Mode?????????
Pls. Can anybody confirm ?
Thanx in advance!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »