Home

Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructure

This is a discussion on Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructure within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 02:14 AM   #81
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray03
So only 2 guys to fix a major issue. I stop playing 2k14 because of how bad and laggy the games were. I hope 2k15 is not plagued by the same issue
Who said ONLY those guys? The conclusions people draw from simple statements are hilariously baffling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Who said ONLY those guys? The conclusions people draw from simple statements are hilariously baffling.
It was sarcasm, it was not a literal statement. Its a big design studio of course they will have more than 2 guys working on the issue. However because of the horrible online experience in 2k14 on Xbox one, i wouldn't be surprised it was only 2 people on the job. It was inexcusable the fact i didn't play 1 lag free game on a Next generation system. 2k is my favorite game and has been since dreamcast days.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #83
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Well the servers don't seem any better to me. How can I play an online game of Destiny seamlessly yet I can't even retrieve data to buy gear for MyPlayer? Disappointing to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #84
Rookie

dre2's Arena

OVR: 0

Destiny had one of if not the largest budget of all time for a video game though dude.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...dence-we-have/
Old 10-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #85
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

I know that's not the point. I can play other online games with no issues at all but can't do something as simple as browsing accessories.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 1

They don't seem any better to me in the short time I've had. I've been kicked out of all 3 online games I've played, get randomly denied access to MyTeam, and won a Domination mode game without getting the packs I was supposed to.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #87
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Well the servers don't seem any better to me. How can I play an online game of Destiny seamlessly yet I can't even retrieve data to buy gear for MyPlayer? Disappointing to say the least.

To be fair, Destiny was pretty much a trainwreck for the first couple days, and also had a Beta to help figure out any issues with the servers.

I wouldn't judge 2K's servers just based on the first day. Most games don't play well online this early.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #88
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

I wasn't even able to play an online match last night, I'm sure this will be addressed, but it made me chuckle to myself(In an I want to set your building on fire type of way...)

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »