Home

Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructure

This is a discussion on Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructure within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructu

i knew this thread was going to be a straight up lie the moment i read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
To be fair, Destiny was pretty much a trainwreck for the first couple days, and also had a Beta to help figure out any issues with the servers.

I wouldn't judge 2K's servers just based on the first day. Most games don't play well online this early.
first day? this has been going on for years.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #90
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructu

Quote:
To be fair, Destiny was pretty much a trainwreck for the first couple days, and also had a Beta to help figure out any issues with the servers.

I wouldn't judge 2K's servers just based on the first day. Most games don't play well online this early.
I think it would be really helpful if 2k release a summer league package like they did a few years ago. Something where players can create a player early and play summer league games or something and maybe even open up The Park early as a way to beta test the servers. Charge $5 or $10 for it and I know tons of people would be willing to try it early.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #91
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnis
i knew this thread was going to be a straight up lie the moment i read it.

first day? this has been going on for years.
Yes, but that was before they supposedly dedicated a lot more attention to improving the servers this year. What's happened in the past is in the past. The servers could very well turn out to be poor once again, but there's absolutely no way to tell that based on the first day that the game is out.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #92
Banned

Quote:

Right which is why I never play sports games online until at least one week after release.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Yes, but that was before they supposedly dedicated a lot more attention to improving the servers this year. What's happened in the past is in the past. The servers could very well turn out to be poor once again, but there's absolutely no way to tell that based on the first day that the game is out.
you actually can when the myplayer store takes 30 mins to load. I don't care what they have said, the fact is it will be just like before. They had years to fix it and haven't and I'm not going to be gullible and think they woke up one magical morning and decided they needed to fix it.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #94
Rookie

What a joke 2k, what a joke.. Terrible.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #95
Rookie

Lies!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #96
MVP

At least there's offline this year, but this has gotten beyond old.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »