Home

Some Madden NFL 16 Features Revealed, Pre-Order & Deluxe Edition Details

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 16 Features Revealed, Pre-Order & Deluxe Edition Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2015, 12:15 PM   #217
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Some Madden NFL 16 Features Revealed, Pre-Order & Deluxe Edition Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I think we need to stop going round and round on the Madden merry go round each year....

It would be great if the Dev's could interact with some of the Maddenites on here and help to build a true gaming football sim..We take a census on what we like and some OS'ers on here can relay our wants....

It would be a win win for both....
Tried that once with Ian and Phil and it didn't work out.

Plus, now they have GCers that go down to Florida during the cycle.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #218
Banned

OVR: 0

Exactly how much warping are we going to see with these new DB/WR interactions? We already see tons of it on blocks. Are we now going to see a DB warp 5 yards to begin an interaction animation with a WR to fight for a pass? I have less than no hope that this will be implemented in an acceptable way. It is EA Tiburon after all. I cant remember the last thing they implemented that was done in an acceptable way.

Not sure why total control passing is a leading feature. Games as far back as the xbox and ps2 did that and possibly even earlier but I cant remember.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #219
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Sounds like another Madden with bells and whistles and still probably not a true simulation! Fix the broken penalty system and EA watch a real NFL broadcast that's the way it should be done! I'm hoping I'm wrong about all of this and EA proves me wrong!

I agree, I'm hoping this year won't be just bells and whistles. Madden 15 was a good game, I was surprised how much I did like it but at this point Madden 16 has to really improve in some key areas. The new passing mechanics sound interesting but at this point, if we don't get WR/DB interactions in coverage and offensive and defensive penalties actually being called on the regular, its pointless to even bring up the new passing features to me. From a presentation standpoint I'm hoping to see some new camera angles, better instant replays/stats and an expanded halftime show with full highlights and commentary breaking down the highlights. Madden 15 finally broke ground on this, really hoping Madden 16 expands on it and actually WOW me.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:07 PM   #220
Pro

OVR: 1

As usual, it all sounds good & I'll hope for the best, expect the worst, and it'll probably fall somewhere in between.

I'm still hoping they overhaul passing someday to where the QB throws to a spot on the field & not necessarily to the WR, if that makes any sense. I think the other company's game had this feature.

Another huge item on my personal "hope for" list that will never be included regards kicking. I think I'll be in the minority here, but hear me out: when you're throwing a deep ball, the QB automatically applies power to it based on throwing power, right? We can decide which receiver, and we can use the left stick to put some direction on it, but they only throw as hard as their TP rating lets them. So why do we control the power on FG's? When a kicker in real life lines up for a 50 yarder, I'm sure he kicks it as hard as he can...why not let Kicking Power determine how far my kicker can kick? Let us control the direction like normal, but make the power behind it automatic based on ratings. I think that would be more realistic. I've missed FG's online due to lag and the power not registering correctly...I propose that we only control the direction, and instead of controlling power give us some way to control the snap. Perhaps press A/X to snap, press A/X again to catch & place the ball, and then the kicker kicks just like the QB throws. Thoughts?

As for WR/DB interactions, we've all been wanting this for a while. Here's hoping it really does create some PI's correctly. I think I could live with *some* warping & other oddities that you really only see in slo-mo if it results in more penalties being called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 05-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #221
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I think we need to stop going round and round on the Madden merry go round each year....

It would be great if the Dev's could interact with some of the Maddenites on here and help to build a true gaming football sim..We take a census on what we like and some OS'ers on here can relay our wants....

It would be a win win for both....
Yeah....they tried that a few years ago and the sim crowd ran them off. This game is too popular and polarizing for that to work.

****, we have guys on the NBA 2k team who used to work for OS and they are hesitant to post here regularly because of how hardcore and demanding the posters are here.

The only games that this has worked are the ones that are smaller and lower profile. With The Show, the dev team solicits input from us regularly but that game isnt even close to the popularity of Madden.

Its not an EA thing either because the EA UFC team regularly visits the forums and actually implemented many of the changes we suggested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #222
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcodbf2
Exactly how much warping are we going to see with these new DB/WR interactions? We already see tons of it on blocks. Are we now going to see a DB warp 5 yards to begin an interaction animation with a WR to fight for a pass? I have less than no hope that this will be implemented in an acceptable way. It is EA Tiburon after all. I cant remember the last thing they implemented that was done in an acceptable way.

Not sure why total control passing is a leading feature. Games as far back as the xbox and ps2 did that and possibly even earlier but I cant remember.
Its time we cut back on the hyperbole. That is an absolutely ridiculous statement and the type of statement that is borderline trolling. The game has been out for 26 yrs. They have added features every year. There isnt one thing they have done that hasnt been implemented in an acceptable way? Really?
Old 05-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #223
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
None of those guy want to lose a game because of a botched snap or a QB missing on a difficult pass. They don't want realism at all. It's an arcade game to them, in my opinion. A lot of people claim to want realism until it happens to them. You see this a lot with dropped passes. Dropped passes happen in real life a lot more often than you think, but some times if someone sees more than one or two in a game of Madden it's suddenly a big issue.
Couldn't agree more. It's like one someone else said, they'd be okay with botched snaps if they could control the outcome. Everybody is okay with the things that might make for a more realistic game as long as they have a way to make sure that they never happen. And maybe that's okay but it just continues to draw a murky line where everything becomes dependent upon user input and less and less on actual ratings and realism.

I look at it like other sports games. If I have a pitcher batting or Shaq shooting threes, it doesn't matter how well timed swing or jump shot is, the results aren't going to be pretty. If I put a 37 OVR center in the game, I expect to have some bad snaps. But there's so many people that just want to be able to bring in Tebow and make him look like Rodgers and think that's okay.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #224
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yeah, I have to disagree with you as well.

Tourney guys freaked about the QB inaccuracy last year. When they showed Russel Wilson throwing a ball in the dirt on a hitch to the sideline the youtubers went nuts. I was not surprised to see QB inaccuracy nerfed in the retail version from what they showed at E3.

None of those guy want to lose a game because of a botched snap or a QB missing on a difficult pass. They don't want realism at all. It's an arcade game to them, in my opinion. A lot of people claim to want realism until it happens to them. You see this a lot with dropped passes. Dropped passes happen in real life a lot more often than you think, but some times if someone sees more than one or two in a game of Madden it's suddenly a big issue.

I'm very interested in the passing mechanics this year, based on this feature list from GS.

If a bad QB sails one into the sidelines trying to throw a back shoulder fade once in awhile, I'll be happy, if everything is spot on regardless of the QB, well, I see a big problem.
I see their point but why not just make that "chance" portion of the game configurable. You could turn it off during online play but leave it in when you play your offline franchise. Nerfing QB inaccuracy tells me they had it in the game at point and then turned it down/removed it. It shouldn't be hard to make it configurable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »