Home

Madden NFL 16: First Look Trailer (Be the Playmaker)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: First Look Trailer (Be the Playmaker) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 01:29 AM   #73
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 16: First Look Trailer (Be the Playmaker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand, I'm not hinting at anything or saying anything else about it, other than people need to play the game before jumping to conclusions based on trailers.
Ok, you've said we all need to wait and play the game 9 times now. We get it. Stop posting this now.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:38 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I guess I don't understand why you guys are talking about player movement, seeing that there is none being shown here. You can't judge player movement in Madden 16 by less than 10 seconds of footage of guys jumping in the air. This trailer is not a very good representation of what's coming in Madden 16, it's a SMALL taste.
We're not basing it on just this trailer, we are basing it on 10 years to bad player movement too.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #75
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I liked what I saw. I have gotten really sick of the Super DB swat, particularly on deep balls where they jump and knock it down easily despite the fact you almost never see a DB in real life stop when trailing a WR to jump and swat. WRs have always been very passive in Madden and I've read similar complaints about that for years. This video shows me some tight window completions that hopefully allow some cool and realistic plays.

Now hopefully we will get the ability to throw the ball before the break to replicate real timing. I would also like to see press coverage tweaked so there isn't such an obvious win and loss at the line.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:05 AM   #76
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's two-fold, one is there being no other football games to choose from of course, and the other is Madden's use in the past of phrases like, "most realistic NFL simulation" or "authentic NFL gameplay". Those are just smart marketing blurbs, but many here take great umbrage with those kinds of statements. It's purely marketing 101, but some feel that saying that kind of stuff creates or should create a standard that EA has to live up to.

Very few people care if NBA Live makes any kind of statements about NBA authenticity, because even if they are just talking out of their nose, there is another choice to be made.

If will never, never, never happen of course, but it Tiburon came out and actually said, "Madden uses the NFL as a reference point, but we really aren't trying to replicate NFL gameplay in a completely authentic manner." I wonder if that would free people from hoping that Madden will ever be radically different than what it is now.
Again, I reiterate - if a video game isn't living up to a person's expectations year after year, if a person keeps getting "fooled" by a game's marketing year after year and said person keeps paying attention to said game which he clearly doesn't like, whose fault is it really?

The exclusive license (which I'm not a fan of either, don't twist my words) doesn't affect this question whatsoever. If one doesn't like the game, there are hundreds of other games to spend your money, time, and patience on. It's unfortunate that there's no other football game option on consoles, but even the choice between spending $60 on a game one clearly doesn't enjoy or not spending $60 at all should be obvious.

As to how Tiburon messages the game - it's not their responsibility to message the game in a manner people here think is appropriate. It's the consumer's responsibility to realize the marketing doesn't match the product and to spend their attention on other games where he feels marketing and product are more closely aligned.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:11 AM   #77
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Again, I reiterate - if a video game isn't living up to a person's expectations year after year, if a person keeps getting "fooled" by a game's marketing year after year and said person keeps paying attention to said game which he clearly doesn't like, whose fault is it really?

The exclusive license (which I'm not a fan of either, don't twist my words) doesn't affect this question whatsoever. If one doesn't like the game, there are hundreds of other games to spend your money, time, and patience on. It's unfortunate that there's no other football game option on consoles, but even the choice between spending $60 on a game one clearly doesn't enjoy or not spending $60 at all should be obvious.

As to how Tiburon messages the game - it's not their responsibility to message the game in a manner people here think is appropriate. It's the consumer's responsibility to realize the marketing doesn't match the product and to spend their attention on other games where he feels marketing and product are more closely aligned.
You are 100% correct. It is the consumer who ultimately decides if they are going to buy the game or not. EA isn't forcing your hand.

At the same time, however, I believe that EA should stop using "It's in the game" when clearly it hasn't.

And more choices doesn't necessarily mean better. If anyone remembers the last time "the other game" came out, it wasn't necessarily the best IE: Fatigue, QB problems. Just because there is competition doesn't mean that one is going to clearly outshine the other.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 05-16-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #78
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

This is 100% real. People need to save their money if they are dissatisfied with Madden as an NFL product. Show EA and the NFL you're not happy. It doesn't matter if you don't feel it will make a difference, it will for you. You can't complain about something, then turn around and support it. This has been going on for a decade, it's nothing new. If you enjoy Madden support it, there's nothing wrong with it, but if you don't and you still go out and buy it new, and give EA data of you playing online, you need to check yourself.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #79
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
This is 100% real. People need to save their money if they are dissatisfied with Madden as an NFL product. Show EA and the NFL you're not happy. It doesn't matter if you don't feel it will make a difference, it will for you. You can't complain about something, then turn around and support it. This has been going on for a decade, it's nothing new. If you enjoy Madden support it, there's nothing wrong with it, but if you don't and you still go out and buy it new, and give EA data of you playing online, you need to check yourself.
Sure this makes sense in relation to supporting the game with a purchase when you feel it's not adequate but not for calling the game to task on what those making it keep claiming about it. Not directed at you Sage but at this notion that calling EA Tiburon to task on Madden and pointing out where they obviously fall short, is somehow pointless because the consumer should have known better by now.

I will never understand how any consumer without a vested interest in a companies sales would side with said company on not delivering what they claim and then go so far as to blame other consumers for not knowing better, when faced with the fact. Whether they successfully "fooled" someone or not is besides the point that they tried to and they should be called out for it. No point in trying to defend these kind of practices as harmless marketing or the consumers fault just because someone likes the game, the devs or whatever, it is what it is. It's not necessary to contribute one dime to EA Tiburon for Madden in order to call them to task on what they claim about the game.

I want to stress "claim" vs marketing too because marketing has some creative license with trying to make something more interesting or intriguing to the public, whereas a claim is being presented as a statement of fact. Ie, marketing Madden as a NFL simulation can be interpreted all manner of ways but making claims of realism is the priority leave no such room for interpretation.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:47 PM   #80
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Big, let me ask you two direct questions if I may:

1 - Yes or no: do you enjoy playing the Madden NFL console video game?

2 - if the answer to 1 is "no": what is your motivation to spend your time and attention on a recreational pursuit from which you derive zero enjoyment?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »