Home

Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-28-2015, 05:18 PM   #81
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed

Here's the thing and I just posted about this in another thread, yes things like "Sim a win" and "practice" are good additions, my issue is CFM still doesn't offer a sim experience. If this were some other game or even mode, ie MUT, I wouldn't expect it to be but when CFM is the only career mode in a game alleging realism as priority, I don't get how there isn't even an option for a NFL realistic experience. When I see a mode like MyGM in NBA2k which is basically a more fleshed out version of Association mode of old, in spite of the other more universally accessible modes also available, I don't understand why madden can't do something similar with a fleshed out Franchise mode WITH online capability.

No need to go over every pro and con about the news released because all that matters is do you feel like Madden 16 offers a career mode experience you can enjoy, my answer is no, maybe next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #82
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

They are using the ultimate team depth chart style for the CFM now and that was a great idea. really digging the UI that I've seen so far
Old 05-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #83
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I posted this in another thread earlier this month. Last year i recall Clint saying on twitter that formation subs were not a priority last year because they used enough by casual gamers. Only die hard players even kmow what they are
Old 05-28-2015, 05:25 PM   #84
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Another year of starters on special teams and manual subs

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 05-28-2015, 05:26 PM   #85
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Here's the thing and I just posted about this in another thread, yes things like "Sim a win" and "practice" are good additions, my issue is CFM still doesn't offer a sim experience. If this were some other game or even mode, ie MUT, I wouldn't expect it to be but when CFM is the only career mode in a game alleging realism as priority, I don't get how there isn't even an option for a NFL realistic experience. When I see a mode like MyGM in NBA2k which is basically a more fleshed out version of Association mode of old, in spite of the other more universally accessible modes also available, I don't understand why madden can't do something similar with a fleshed out Franchise mode WITH online capability.

No need to go over every pro and con about the news released because all that matters is do you feel like Madden 16 offers a career mode experience you can enjoy, my answer is no, maybe next year.
This. I let myself get a little too optimistic that Kolbe from the show worked exclusively on CFM. While they added little things nothing really changed at all. Still no restricted free agents, practice squads, coaching carousel, real depth chart(Sam lb, will lb, special teams), contract disputes/holdouts, position battles, suspensions(highly unlikely), dealing with different agents/player personalities.

CFM just has no life to it, it feels like a bunch of play now games just strung together. Bring the drama of the NFL to us.

Last edited by SolidSquid; 05-28-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 05:30 PM   #86
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 16 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

So much about these things I don't like but not enough time to write them all out...

My main issue is STILL how scouting works. I hate these unlock attribute point systems. I also hate these goals systems. It again seems like you aren't playing a game of football your playing a game of superstar mode disguised as a team game. I digress...maybe I don't understand the full story yet...
Old 05-28-2015, 05:31 PM   #87
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
In sports, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 already facing elimination games

Sports games have always been my barometer for when to upgrade, until this gen, which is my first day one console purchase in my life.
Thanks for the info. I didn't hold out much hope for new features for a 360 version anyway, and now especially if they have the "Legacy Edition" title.
I can't afford a new gen console, so I guess this is a blessing in disguise. I'm too old to play video games anyway.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #88
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 16 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
So much about these things I don't like but not enough time to write them all out...

My main issue is STILL how scouting works. I hate these unlock attribute point systems. I also hate these goals systems. It again seems like you aren't playing a game of football your playing a game of superstar mode disguised as a team game. I digress...maybe I don't understand the full story yet...
Xp is great if you are playing as a single player, or gaining xp as a coach to buy coach packages, xp fails as a system for player progression though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »