Home

NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay Videos Coming This Month

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay Videos Coming This Month within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2015, 08:21 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay Videos Coming This Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33

And how come nobody ever asks important questions, like; can I finally poke check while having the change lines/edit formations window up? Did they fix or address the phantom and wonky goaltender interference calls?
This and if the Home Teams Last Line Change "is in the game" is what I asked but... Of course no answer.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:46 AM   #10
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Love the premise of one touch passes. Hopefully the implementation if good.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #11
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCrazyManiac
This and if the Home Teams Last Line Change "is in the game" is what I asked but... Of course no answer.
Cup, this has only been a rule since 06. You can't expect them to get this in the game in such a short amount of time.

Is anyone else annoyed of hearing the cheesey comments like this

"Yes. In NHL 16 you have control over what facial hair you currently have (both style and length) and/or what beard you would grow if you set yourself to clean shaven during the season and only grow during playoffs. Make it all the way to the cup final to see it in all its glory. "

Seriously is it really necessary for them to add the line I bolded to make them seem like they are heroes for adding playoff beards. I just wish these guys were stand up, no BS people. They probably are while in person, but we don't need the back of the box lingo that is always added to "try" and get people to buy the game. This, along with the fact they continuously answer the same questions or give information we've known for 2 months is just aggravating to me. I would have so much more respect for this team and company as a whole if they answered every question whether the feature is in the game or not. That's what I love about The Show developers. They answer nearly everything and will state why and why not requested features haven't been implemented (closed/open roofs for example). I just wish they didn't beat around the bush and gave us some honest answers. Be real, not fake.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 07-11-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2015, 12:55 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Cup, this has only been a rule since 06. You can't expect them to get this in the game in such a short amount of time.

Is anyone else annoyed of hearing the cheesey comments like this

"Yes. In NHL 16 you have control over what facial hair you currently have (both style and length) and/or what beard you would grow if you set yourself to clean shaven during the season and only grow during playoffs. Make it all the way to the cup final to see it in all its glory. "

Seriously is it really necessary for them to add the line I bolded to make them seem like they are heroes for adding playoff beards. I just wish these guys were stand up, no BS people. They probably are while in person, but we don't need the back of the box lingo that is always added to "try" and get people to buy the game. This, along with the fact they continuously answer the same questions or give information we've known for 2 months is just aggravating to me. I would have so much more respect for this team and company as a whole if they answered every question whether the feature is in the game or not. That's what I love about The Show developers. They answer nearly everything and will state why and why not requested features haven't been implemented (closed/open roofs for example). I just wish they didn't beat around the bush and gave us some honest answers. Be real, not fake.
1000% agree!!!

Last Day i played (just for fun) NHL2004 PC Version and NHL2k8 (best goalies ever!) on Xbox360. And man, there are soooooo many real hockey elements in, it's unbelievable!
It's a real shame, it's 2015 and they give us growing playoff beards....

But as you said bwiggy33, talk honestly EA, be real not fake!

Last edited by CupCrazyManiac; 07-11-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:56 PM   #13
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Honestly, why don't they simply draft up a two part Q&A. One for the "hardcore" hockey gurus and the other for your "casual" hockey fans (which is essentially what we got in this particular Q&A). The same should go for the other sports. Because as a completely clueless casual hockey fan, none of the information in this particular Q&A was really of interest at all.

Side Note:

I don't know a thing about the NHL or hockey, other than trying to get the puck into the net. I have no clue when offsides is called.

Anyways, played the NHL15 demo and surprisingly the visuals were fairly nice with the exception of the outline glow surrounding all the players, especially around their faces. Played on "True Broadcast." Purposely slowed the pace down to resemble what I see on TV rather than skate around like a maniac. It was fun especially trying to setup a shot. Breakaways are cool too.

Heavily considered purchasing my first ever EA NHL hockey game come NHL16's release date, but after reading all the problems with this series especially the one where team differentiation is either not present or barely present along with this very generically done Q&A, I'll most likely wait until EA decides to address the real concerns of the simulation hockey community. Never really had a hockey game prior, don't need one now. Maybe until the simulation hockey community gives the product a thumbs up.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 07-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCrazyManiac
In previous years, EA has stated that this feature isn't in their game because they believe people will keep backing out of online games until they get put on the home side.

People already do that anyway online to get the connection advantage of being the P2P session host, so I don't see how putting in an actual NHL rule will hurt the situation any further.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:09 PM   #15
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
In previous years, EA has stated that this feature isn't in their game because they believe people will keep backing out of online games until they get put on the home side.

People already do that anyway online to get the connection advantage of being the P2P session host, so I don't see how putting in an actual NHL rule will hurt the situation any further.
Thanks for the answer, my issue with things like this is why not just put it in the game for the offline players, and let the online people play the way they've been playing. At least give me the option to turn it on or off in my 'chise

We want options, more options = more people pleased
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #16
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
Well, at least they put in jersey number changes. Better late than never. Playing the game with forwards who are number 6 or number 1 can be a bit confusing and lame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »