Home

2K Pro-Am in NBA 2K16?

This is a discussion on 2K Pro-Am in NBA 2K16? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 07:04 AM   #201
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 2K Pro-Am in NBA 2K16?

No offense man but who the heck wants to watch others play a video game for a turn on their own system?

My game time is limited due to family and to even think that's okay is mind boggling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #202
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
My argument is valid because I come from an era where you had to go outside, and wait for your turn to hoop. And if you didn't hold court, you'd have to wait some more. Did a lot of that, and we didn't mind. Only thing I wish they would add is a heckling feature.
Lmao at valid argument. Dude. Please don't be narcissistic man. Argument holds no weight in here my guy.

This is a VIDEO GAME first of all not real life. 2nd you never had to wait/watch the quick game you joined before playing 5v5 with NBA teams.

It has nothing to do with ppl being lazy or impatient dude. Like others said, things are going on in life. Ppl play games before class, work, bed, showers, eating, dates, their fav movie/tv show comes on, their kids wake up, etc. SOOOOOO many reasons. None of which have to with them being lazy and impatient smh.

The 'era' you come from doesn't even matter because no matter how old you are there was NEVER a video game where you had to literally wait to play when you turned the system on at your own house with nobody else playing with you. When you turn on Ataria you shoot aliens down. When you turn on Mario you pick a level and play. Not to mention if you did turn on a game where you had to watch the CPU play before you could play you definitely wouldn't just do it and say you could afford the time wasted.

Having to wait 1 hour for a game and to literally have the entire team get off then extend that wait time isn't even realistic to how ppl play in the park. If anything you find out who's gonna be running. 2nd there are no affiliations in real life lol. If my friend was at the park and we just go there and their team won, I would run with 4 ppl I saw play, or pick up a new 4 as I wait. But nobody just got off and if they did there was always 5 or SOMETHING to do IE play 21/33 etc. Your logic makes 0 sense but everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I guess...
Old 07-26-2015, 01:07 PM   #203
Rookie

OVR: 3

I actually enjoyed watching other people play.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #204
Rookie

If the gameplay wasn't so cheesy and arcadish then I wouldn't mind watching other people play
Old 07-26-2015, 02:15 PM   #205
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I don't "mind" watching people in the park finish a game...because them games are like 10 minutes each. Still would rather just get into a game and play but you know it's the park it's whatever and it actually ain't too bad when it works.

Now rec, that's a full game. And if there's no courts open, like we said, you could wait a whole game just for the other team to get off. Then what? Go watch another game finish and have the same thing happen? Or better yet, you got your five and the other team has 4 and NO ONE will get on with them...

It's flawed. Waiting 20, 30, 40 even up to 60 minutes to even get into a game is absurd. Then your friend gets dropped for whatever excuse 2K has and he been waiting that long just to get kicked lmao

Got next in Pro-Am and Rec is such a terribly implemented thing.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 02:41 PM   #206
Pro

The only thing I hate about match making, is it feels like an endless stream of randoms. With the rec and the park ideas I tend to join my friends parks, even if I'm not playing with them, which by the Kevin bacon rule, means I'll end up seeing and playing against some of the same people multiple times.

This is nice because it builds a community feeling, rather than an isolated feeling.

With match making I have no idea how I would have ever met the people I have in this game, that I watched on the sidelines and then decided to step on the court with.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:39 PM   #207
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
My argument is valid because I come from an era where you had to go outside, and wait for your turn to hoop. And if you didn't hold court, you'd have to wait some more. Did a lot of that, and we didn't mind. Only thing I wish they would add is a heckling feature.
Sorry but that's silly.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:14 PM   #208
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

the experienced will be lessened with removal of the ability to walk around the park of JRC and spectate other ballers, teams, nba pros, etc etc. 2k will have to take away alot just to add matchmaking. The currenty system is good but needed to be edited to make it more team oriented like the "C" mode was. By the description of Pro-AM it seems people are jumping to conclusions before actually seeing the execution. Leader borards, team branding aka customization, and concrete teams of 5 myplayers will be available. Its what everyone wanted. On difference from old mode is the location the game takes place.

Last edited by thedream2k16; 07-26-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »