Home

No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2015, 01:20 PM   #81
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Come on guys. I understand that this community especially is known for their dedication to carefully look at sliders and tendencies and accessories to try and make these games play better.

But you guys are acting very poorly to keep this interaction with these devs at this level of involvement.

I guarantee that if they do release gameplay footage and it plays well you'll all be back on the hype train.

Let's see what they have as a game first.

I haven't played live since it came back out, I'm not a fanboy so don't think of if that way.

But Mr price and wtf have been very patient with us and answered more questions than the competition has at this point.

I'm still holding out for gameplay.

It's not a dealbreaker for me, I will still be buying the game day one because I believe they have made a good deal of improvements & advancements.

But I can't be mad at anyone whom this is a dealbreaker for. Customization is a very big thing for sports gamers and EA has once again underestimated its importance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Player Editting in Live 16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
For some reason these companies think everything wants to play these my player modes smh. im beyond livid! Guess it's another year of mut for me because I refuse to play dynasty without editing.
I don't know if EA ever mentioned anything about their mode usage rates in NBA Live 15, but in NBA 2K15's case, My Player has actually been their most-played mode by quite a bit for a few years now. That's why Visual Concepts has been going all out and completely rewriting their My Player story every year, and it's why they continue to spend big bucks on developing features like face-scanning and signing high-priced people like Spike Lee to work on the mode.

It's true that most people on OS still just want to play offline franchise with normal NBA teams (we've run tons of polls over the years, and those results haven't changed yet). But you have to remember that OS represents only a small percentage of the people who play sports games. Most of the people playing basketball games just want to see a virtual version of themselves putting up a triple double every night for their favorite NBA team.

Last edited by jyoung; 08-14-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #83
Rookie

jwired21's Arena

OVR: 5
Thanks for the update. The game went from being a probable purchase to an easy NO.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #84
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed

While there's no question MyPlayer\ Be a Pro modes are the dominant modes these days...

I just don't if THAT many of the 'create yourself, put your self on your favorite team' 'mix up the rosters, pit them against each other' etc etc guys are gone to warrant taking away that option..

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 08-14-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #85
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

I think it's a generational thing. I just got into my player since Next Gen, and I have friends, my age, that don't touch it, but my nephew's (youngins), it's the only mode they play!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #86
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
I think it's a generational thing. I just got into my player since Next Gen, and I have friends, my age, that don't touch it, but my nephew's (youngins), it's the only mode they play!

It reflects a generation of narcissistic, vain, and self-absorbed people in our society I'm kidding. I'd rather play the games as my favorite teams & players and have them look & play like they do in real life. I play the MyPlayer stuff for a month or two. But it sucks when you're done playing and realize you aren't the 6'4" gazelle that you created in a virtual world, lol. (Although I actually create myPlayer's using my actual height/weight.)
Old 08-14-2015, 01:56 PM   #87
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin

Could be right.

My younger nephews still create themselves, max themselves out and put themselves on the Cavs, lol. I just sit back like "how is this fun?" Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2015, 02:02 PM   #88
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Where is jpdavis to make sense of all this?

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »