Home

No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #105
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1baller
Lol, this is a heck of an uproar. Some people aren't buying the game now because of this.

I mentioned this to them in the facebook thread that I had going with them. Hopefully they will get the picture that, at the very least, they better make sure these rosters are always up to date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 03:58 PM   #106
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Here is my take on all of this.... EA's deal with synergy doesn't allow them to put editing in a game. That's the only reason Live doesn't have editing. It's not that it's hard to do its because Synergy won't let them. Madden has editing, 2k has editing, PES has editing, WWE has editing, heck even a small company game like super mega baseball has editing...... I don't think it's something they can't do technically I think it's something they can't to contractually. That's my own opinion on this whole mess.. Disappointed, very very disappointed.
They can take their synergy and flush it....

I mean seriously can we really get a definitive answer from EA as to what Synergy actually does for this game since it 1st became utilized?

There's several hard core gammers on here that will vouch synergy has basically had very little IMPACT on this series...

The players still play generic and the teams still all function the same.

Synergy has been a over hyped selling point for this series from day 1 and way too many excuses keep popping up as to why rosters can't be edited because it would effect Synergy yet the EA guys going all the way back to Marcus was doing player edits even with Synergy.

How is it going to break the game if we edit players as opposed to how they edit the players in the same manner?

Synergy has yet to force Chirs Paul to play like a competent PG in Live and Synergy has yet to make the Spurs differ from the Warriors in terms of playing styles.

Synergy didn't stop Shaq from launching mid range jumpers in Live and Synergy didn't increase the game tempo of the Knicks or Suns when D'Antoni was running the show.

Let me tell you about EA they will say one thing and give us the opposite like this so called Synergy engine reinventing the way we see NBA Live Play.

This is the same company who i called out for using the same ratings over a 4 year period that never changed between Live 06 and Live 10 and then they didn't even realize it themselves until I posted the data on here and NBA Live forums.

The bottom line is that many us don't need Synergy to dictate our rosters and ratings.....

We are a very hands on community here at OS and could probably update and release more Authenic playing rosters than EA themselves....

Just remove the damn thing (Synergy) or give us offline ability to edit our own teams and players that don't disturb your online community

But instead we get a mode where you can create yourself and edit your ratings and that's the next big thing for them to sale.....

Sorry for the rant but I'm beyond frustrated with this series and the direction they choose to take year after year.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-14-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:00 PM   #107
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

This is pathetic. I was actually looking forward to Live this year. Don't think I'm touching it now.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 08-14-2015, 04:01 PM   #108
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Does anyone know the logistics of the SYNERGY deal? How much longer they have a contract with them? etc.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 08-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #109
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Seems like every time OS would write an article about the roster being out of date they would drop the next day....

Maybe this will have the same effect? lol
Get on your job is writers!!! Seems like ea listens to you guys. #doitforthecommunity
Old 08-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #110
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Certainly disappointed. I think many players are over or under rated and I like to go through and correct them as I see fit.

However whether or not I'll buy the game will come down to what is done with Rising star(or whatever it's named in 16). If it's fairly bareboned or a corny forced story line then I'll pass on Live 16.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:30 PM   #111
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

THIS is why Live cant take the Next Step. 2k improves each year, BECAUSE it allows Users to Edit and Tinker with how the game plays, then they provide 2k with Feedback on How to Improve things. The more eyes and hands that are able to Dissect the game, the better it is for the Product to improve.

You can't ask for feedback and THEN not give us the tools to provide the Feedback.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 04:33 PM   #112
Banned

Live2K's Arena

OVR: 0

Are these offline modes even good enough yet to care about roster editing...?
Prob not. I think you guys just like to tinker. That's fun but end result is you're still playing the CPU and really only need the starting roster to be accurate.

More is better but rather them focus on gameplay and when they do allow edits I hope it's for online franchise or community settings/rosters and file sharing in a mode that's worth doing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »