Home

FIFA 16 Demo Available Now For Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Demo Available Now For Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2015, 07:50 PM   #81
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Demo is now available in UK ..........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #82

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkeeper
Very much looking forward to this.

Do you know is it Coop couch? Coop online? Are either available in the demo?
That's what I want to know as well, I just played solo against the CPU in the demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Old 09-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Just spent the last few hours playing and overall enjoyed it. Broke up thoughts into sections below.

General Gameplay
  • With default sliders and the "Slow" setting, it already seems a near perfect overall pace. It's basically the pace of last year on "Slow" with adjusted sliders.
  • The AI is definitely harder to break down, and it seems you're far more rewarded for picking out good passes and watching for runs as opposed to putting your head down and running at the defense, or spinning and cutting back repeatedly in order to get a shot on goal. Once again, something that needed sliders to fix it last year.
  • Your defenders are without question smarter and better at keeping shape and defending. It's not perfect, but it's certainly an improvement.

Fouls
  • Certainly not worse than last year, and possibly even better. I saw a red card just a few minutes into the game that was certainly a red, I saw hard tackles with no card, and I saw earned yellow cards. Also saw some small nagging fouls that were called as well.
  • We might be on track for more fouls overall, as I was able to see two fouls per team in one half of play—on four minute halves, that's pretty good.
  • Just as in past years, don't be afraid to slide in hard and pick yourself up a few fouls and cards.

Custom Tactics
  • I'm honestly not sure what to think about these as of now. They seem to be affecting some aspects of gameplay, but it's still hard to make teams play different from one another.
  • It seemed that I could get a team to play long balls, but then when I tried to get Barca to play slowly with possession, they'd still hit it long. Which is good to have variety, but not when it seems so similar to the other tactic.
  • One thing that might help on the full game is actually saving the tactics/team sheets as opposed to just switching them up in the middle of a game.
  • There is a new option added to all players under "Instructions" and it's how aggressively the player tries to intercept the ball.

FIFA 14 was an improvement over 14, and 15 improved on 14. It seems clear that 15 has improved over last year, and as it's been the last few years, it seems that it did it in ways EA didn't market or have as "back of the box" features.

So far, this looks like a promising year for FIFA in terms of gameplay.
To me the tactics will be the make or break factor. It's not going to be enough to get the teams to SORT OF play differently. Can we get Barca to play like Barca? Juve like Juve? Bayern like Bayern? You see this in the PES demo, Helll Robben even runs like Robben. When you're talking about playing multiple seasons of a career mode it's not enough to have some ping pong passing int he mid field or better AI teammates. The experience from game to game has to be different and unique, I hope Fifa 16 can deliver this, I really do.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #84
Rookie

TheAwesomeGem's Arena

If the custom tactics/player instruction doesn't work, we are going to have ourselves another year of repetitive team style for CPU.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #85
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Liking everything I've heard so far. Can't wait to play it tomorrow. Not in enough of a rush to make an account in another country. But also can't wait.
My sentiments EXACTLY!

Everything looks/sounds great. Can't wait...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 09:06 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can people in the U.S. expect this at midnight?
Old 09-07-2015, 09:28 PM   #87
Just started!

Has anyone managed to play it on xbox one yet? Im in NZ and I can't find it in the store?
Old 09-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #88
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomeGem
If the custom tactics/player instruction doesn't work, we are going to have ourselves another year of repetitive team style for CPU.
The gameplay at it's core is solid but pretty much every team in the demo even the women's national teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »