Home

Kenny Smith Joins Shaq & Ernie Johnson in NBA 2K16 Pre-Game, Halftime, Post-Game Show

This is a discussion on Kenny Smith Joins Shaq & Ernie Johnson in NBA 2K16 Pre-Game, Halftime, Post-Game Show within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #137
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Kenny Smith Joins Shaq & Ernie Johnson in NBA 2K16 Pre-Game, Halftime, Post-Game

All I have to say is....."THANK YOU EA SPORTS!!!!"

Why do I say this? I feel that now with EA Sports attempting to step up their game with NBA Live, the 2K Team is really pushing the envelope and ushering us to the promise land of virtual basketball! This is in no way saying that the 2K Team hasn't self motivated themselves each and every year in the past....BUT competition breeds innovation....

So kudos to EA Sports for re-entering the picture and even to extent subconsciously pushing the 2K Team to new heights....and MAJOR PROPS to the 2K Team in answering the challenge!

The OS Community are the BIG WINNERS this year! *cue Daniel Bryan chant* YES! YES! YES! YES!

#SimNationUnite #OGDa_CzarBedwardsAnd2KThankYou

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 09-10-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #138
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

OVR: 0
man man 2k is doing it again
Old 09-10-2015, 11:07 AM   #139
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Re: Kenny Smith Joins Shaq & Ernie Johnson in NBA 2K16 Pre-Game, Halftime, Post-Game

That TNT license must be too expensive for 2K's pockets at the moment.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
These cats are functioning on an entirely different plane than anyone else in game development. Love the addition of Kenny Smith. This leaves Greg Anthony as the other commentator in my eyes. Small gripe, as much as I want TNT, I get that we cant get everything. But it would be cool if they had named the show something generic like "NBA on 2K" or "Around The Association". It's a very small thing, though. Great job as always. .
They will not use Greg Anthony... once he was arrested for solicitation of a prostitute he was gone from Turner broadcastso (NBA) and ncaa final four studio shows...
Old 09-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #141
MVP

Re: Kenny Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
I hope the ps4 version gets post game highlights if played on more than 6-7 min qtrs.

Played on 12 min qtrs last year and never got any player of the game highlights ect.

Any news if that issue has been addressed.
I remember the Czar saying that it was an issue with the PS4 that was causing this problem. Something about because the PS4 constantly records gameplay, the memory was causing it not to show highlights when playing on quarters longer than 6 minutes. I hope they were able to find a solution for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #142
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
They will not use Greg Anthony... once he was arrested for solicitation of a prostitute he was gone from Turner broadcastso (NBA) and ncaa final four studio shows...
Reinstated + if he already recorded everything prior, what does being arrested prohibit you from using him? It doesn't..
Old 09-10-2015, 11:14 AM   #143
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I don't understand this fixation on adding the TNT license. News flash guys....This basically is TNT presentation just without the TNT brand! The only thing they're missing is Barkley. I myself would prefer they keep it like it is. No need to invest all that $ just to have the TNT logo on their presentation. Seems like a waste to me especially when they could use those resources for other aspects of the game. Also like Aholbert32 said, it actually benefits them NOT to have the TNT license because it doesn't restrict them from having people in the game who don't work for TNT. Like I said the already have TNT presentation just without the logo lol.
It's called immersion. There's no such thing as "2K Sports TV" and that's immersion breaking for some people.

We demand true to life authenticity in so many other areas, I don't know why you're trying to make people seem unreasonable for wanting TNT presentation.

But that's how this forum is. Everything you want is stupid and unnecessary, and everything I want is must-have or else the game is garbage.

All of that aside, this looks incredible and I'm hyped up.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:16 AM   #144
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
It's going to be interesting to see how 2k follows this year up. Almost impossible to reach the same level of hype.
The funny part about that is people say that about 2K every year but they always find a way to amaze us lol. Year after year they continue to set the bar

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »