Home

MLB The Show 16 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2015, 11:17 AM   #33
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I can state for a fact that competition (or lack thereof), has nothing to do with the direction the game takes from year to year. I mean really, think about that statement, and how much sense it doesn't make. As stated before, anyone is free to make an MLB game, but they've decided against it for whatever reason. That alone shows the passion SCEA has for baseball, to continue producing a game.

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk

LOL, that's too funny that you think that way. competition is a good thing, if you don't have competition you become complacent therefore you do little to improve because you don't have too. and NO not everyone is free to make a mlb game you need a license from mlb to do so.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #34
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
LOL, that's too funny that you think that way. competition is a good thing, if you don't have competition you become complacent therefore you do little to improve because you don't have too. and NO not everyone is free to make a mlb game you need a license from mlb to do so.
thaSLAB knows because he goes to those community day events and has a much closer relationship to the MLB The Show developers then most of us here do. So he knows what he is talking about and if he says state for a fact that competition (or lack thereof), has nothing to do with the direction the game takes from year to year then it's most likely true

I do believe that MLB The Show is SCEA baby. It's not just a job to them but the love for the game of baseball that keeps all of them motivated to make MLB The Show better and better year after year. I am pretty sure the SCEA developers would love to included all the things that we all keep asking for year after year but it takes time to add these things and also unfortunately the PS4 specs already limit what SCEA can add to the game I bet like players wearing there own jerseys in the All Star game for example. Plus the SCEA team working on MLB The Show is not nearly as big compared to other games like Madden for example which also could be a reason why it takes longer to see new features added. It sucks but that's the way it is

Last edited by tnixen; 12-10-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #35
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I never said competition wasn't good. However, the effort put into the game is the same regardless of if there are five or none competing games. And I think you know what I meant... anyone is free to purchase a license to make an MLB game; there's no contractual agreements prohibiting it.

Anyway, okay.

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #36
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I never said competition wasn't good. However, the effort put into the game is the same regardless of if there are five or none competing games. And I think you know what I meant... anyone is free to purchase a license to make an MLB game; there's no contractual agreements prohibiting it.

Anyway, okay.

I understand what you are getting at, but still kind of disagree. Lets say someone else does make a baseball game for example (EA) mvp 2005 is regarded as one of the best baseball games ever made. Say MVP came back into the picture and just crushes the show in the graphic and animation department, are you saying SCEA wouldn't try moving in a different direction to compete with them and just continue on with what they are doing without putting any more effort than what they already do? I Would think they would have too.

Now, I'm not saying that SCEA lacks effort in improving in making a good baseball game they do every year. , I'm aware they have a small crew and work on multiple sku(s) and it takes a lot of time. But I look at the past and the things SCEA did change because of competition. Analog controls for that example it took SCEA 3 to 4 years before they adopted that control scheme and I'm sure at some point in time they looked at what the competition was doing and said perhaps we need to do that too and focused a little bit harder in that area to make that happen.

I know you being a CD guy you have a good relationship with the developers and you will jump in and be a voice for them on here, when they don't (nor have to )say anything. But I do believe once they are pushed they would put more of a effort to push back.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #37
MVP

I agree with both of you. If there are more games, then each company would want to outdo the other, because in the end, it's all about the money. Not having another game to fight, doesn't make them less hard working, but they do have a little safety net.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #38
Pro

There are so many variables it's difficult to isolate them all. All we can do is speculate from our vantage point.

I think the lack of competition and general demand for baseball games determines how much money Sony invests in The Show. I don't think the lack of competition determines how much effort the developers put into the game, as I think they have proven themselves over and over again to be passionate about this series and baseball.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:47 PM   #39
Rookie

The show is simply outdated...animations are from old gen...player models again old gen...play by play old gen...ps1 games had deeper stat tracking Than the show does. The show reminds me of a house needing to be upgraded but only gets a new fresh of paint each year. Scea needs to work on the guts of the game and make it a truly next gen title.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:25 AM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
The show is simply outdated...animations are from old gen...player models again old gen...play by play old gen...ps1 games had deeper stat tracking Than the show does. The show reminds me of a house needing to be upgraded but only gets a new fresh of paint each year. Scea needs to work on the guts of the game and make it a truly next gen title.
hope u dont and havent bought the game then

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »