Home

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

This is a discussion on Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2016, 11:30 AM   #105
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Question:

If you have this game, download courses NOW and then updates come out and you chose not to pay for them, do we lose ability to play those courses we downloaded prior to DLC? Or just future courses?

The way steam notes read, we lose ability to play any user courses once DLC is released and we do not update.
I believe we are going to release a final statement on this soon. Trust me when we say the goal is just to make the game sustainable for the foreseeable future, not to grab as much cash as we possibly can from the community, and cut and run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #106
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
That's odd as that's the first time I heard of this issue. The archive is up and ready for viewing if that helps, and we plan on doing these at least a couple of time a month.
It was likely an isolated case. While I was trying to watch it live, only one other person involved in the chat said they were having issues similar to mine.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:18 PM   #107
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I believe we are going to release a final statement on this soon. Trust me when we say the goal is just to make the game sustainable for the foreseeable future, not to grab as much cash as we possibly can from the community, and cut and run.
I see. Here's my viewpoint if it matters; users who bought the game might enjoy it enough to play it but not want the new features, I'd hate to see y'all get a bad reputation by telling these players they all of a sudden cannot play the full game (user courses being part of the full game)

I'd see less backlash with how golf club does, you can't play the DLC courses but can play any that were avaliable before then.

Soon as funds allow, I hope to get the game and enjoy it, but I'm am cautious about the DLC approach.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #108
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

bluengold34_OS, can you say anything about the timeline for getting the career mode implemented? I read Andrew's comments, stating that it was coming, but assuming it will be another year or so before we have it?

I'm hoping they really build a good career mode that hopefully brings in more players and revenue to help development. I know the core group that plays this game at the moment is playing online, but as you see in all of the main game forums here at OS, the offline single player career threads are usually up there as the most active.

It's a bit of a selfish want, but there is great potential with all of the great real courses being developed by the dev team and the mix of real/fantasy courses by the great course creators. Golf game career modes have usually lacked, but they can really get out in front and create something great. I really hope they can do it.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #109
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
bluengold34_OS, can you say anything about the timeline for getting the career mode implemented? I read Andrew's comments, stating that it was coming, but assuming it will be another year or so before we have it?

I'm hoping they really build a good career mode that hopefully brings in more players and revenue to help development. I know the core group that plays this game at the moment is playing online, but as you see in all of the main game forums here at OS, the offline single player career threads are usually up there as the most active.

It's a bit of a selfish want, but there is great potential with all of the great real courses being developed by the dev team and the mix of real/fantasy courses by the great course creators. Golf game career modes have usually lacked, but they can really get out in front and create something great. I really hope they can do it.

It had better not be another full year before career mode!
The fan base will dry up if the progress is truly that slow
Old 05-29-2016, 02:35 PM   #110
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster

The hope is to have it out by the end of the year. The goal right now is to get the Shield version out, the console versions out, followed by the career mode - we are close to releasing the Shield version, and release on the Xbox is imminent, and the partnership with Sony is being worked on right now.

The career mode infrastructure is already there, and the plans for it are simply amazing, I just can't disclose them yet.

Make sure to follow us here and our SMedia sites and we try to be pretty transparent with what we are doing.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 05-29-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #111
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
The hope is to have it out by the end of the year. The goal right now is to get the Shield version out, the console versions out, followed by the career mode - we are close to releasing the Shield version, and release on the Xbox is imminent, and the partnership with Sony is being worked on right now.

The career mode infrastructure is already there, and the plans for it are simply amazing, I just can't disclose them yet.

Make sure to follow us here and our SMedia sites and we try to be pretty transparent with what we are doing.

Regarding career modes I would really like to see a developer build online tournaments into a season schedule.
AI tournies are ok but to be able to compete against a live leaderboard or players would be something special.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #112
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
we are close to releasing the Shield version, and release on the Xbox is imminent
I had a pretty good idea the Shield version was pretty close because I remember reading a post last October from Andrew, saying that "NVIDIA was leading the Shield effort". I took that to mean that they were already at work on it?

What really surprises me in what you've said above is that the XBox One release is "imminent"... that sounds a little bit sooner than the October-ish time frame I had thought it might be!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »