Home

Madden NFL 17: Franchise Mode Adds New Play the Moments, Super-Sim Features

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17: Franchise Mode Adds New Play the Moments, Super-Sim Features within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 04:15 PM   #185
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 17: Franchise Mode Adds New Play the Moments, Super-Sim Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Ill just be honest about this.Even for an online league, im willing to bet ,most will like the ticker for about a month, and then they will pretty much ignore it about like the cutscene stuff.It will be cool but only for a short time.Most people are trying to read defenses presnap, seeing what opponent just ran and has been running that game and trying to have a chess match to out play their opponent in online league. I just dont see me spending much time paying attention to something that basically will take my focus off my opponent for a short period in between plays.To me ,its kind of like the opponent throwing out a cheerleader to wave at me while im trying to pick my teams audible as Qb...
The way I see the ticker is, we've had one in the game/mode forever but it showed real life stuff vs things happening in the virtual space. Considering that, whether anyone spends loads of time directly paying attention to it or not, I think it's cool that it now fits in with that virtual world, which is a little thing that helps sustain immersion. I also think it might be something you don't realize how impactful it is until it's there.

For example you're in your online league either playing a game or doing something in team management and you just catch a glimpse of some huge stat line, score, injury report, signing, etc, scrolling across the screen, now you're like "wtf" and waiting for it to come around again or checking for more details on it within your league or maybe you just shake your head and continue with what you were doing but point is that's something that potentially causes you take notice of what's going on in your league, in a subtle way. Also I love the fact it's customized, the more options we get to create the type of virtual football realm we want, the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 04:40 PM   #186
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The way I see the ticker is, we've had one in the game/mode forever but it showed real life stuff vs things happening in the virtual space. Considering that, whether anyone spends loads of time directly paying attention to it or not, I think it's cool that it now fits in with that virtual world, which is a little thing that helps sustain immersion. I also think it might be something you don't realize how impactful it is until it's there.

For example you're in your online league either playing a game or doing something in team management and you just catch a glimpse of some huge stat line, score, injury report, signing, etc, scrolling across the screen, now you're like "wtf" and waiting for it to come around again or checking for more details on it within your league or maybe you just shake your head and continue with what you were doing but point is that's something that potentially causes you take notice of what's going on in your league, in a subtle way. Also I love the fact it's customized, the more options we get to create the type of virtual football realm we want, the better.
Yeah it can be cool, just for me, i feel time could be better spent on actual needs for CFM rather than just tiny small additions , when there are numerous big needs still

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-13-2016, 04:44 PM   #187
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Ill just be honest about this.Even for an online league, im willing to bet ,most will like the ticker for about a month, and then they will pretty much ignore it about like the cutscene stuff.It will be cool but only for a short time.Most people are trying to read defenses presnap, seeing what opponent just ran and has been running that game and trying to have a chess match to out play their opponent in online league. I just dont see me spending much time paying attention to something that basically will take my focus off my opponent for a short period in between plays.To me ,its kind of like the opponent throwing out a cheerleader to wave at me while im trying to pick my teams audible as Qb...
Not true.

I've been enjoying the ticker in the Show for the past 3 years. People have different interests so just because you may not be interested in it...doesnt mean that others wont long term.

Shoot, half of the things you complain about dont concern me at all but I recognize that they may be important to you and others.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #188
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not true.

I've been enjoying the ticker in the Show for the past 3 years. People have different interests so just because you may not be interested in it...doesnt mean that others wont long term.

Shoot, half of the things you complain about dont concern me at all but I recognize that they may be important to you and others.
its not the ticker i dislike, just with so much more needed for CFM, id rather them put in more useful features, or fix contracts, or how about a dang draft board as a priority over something like a ticker.Ticker is ok , and im sure some like it. im just getting rather tired of the tiny additions while overlooking the bigger ones.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #189
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Wow, you're really focused in! I usually have my second TV on watching a real game when I'm playing. I'm glad that they ticker is finally there though. It's been a long time community request since forever and adds a lot of immersion to franchise rather than just looking at stats/scores between games.

Also, for people like you there they added ticker setting to show everything, just scores, goal updates, or nothing... so there you go, you have the option to take all of those distractions away and really focus on those presnap adjustments.
You arent the only one. I have 2 other Tvs and an Ipad going all with different games on.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:49 PM   #190
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
its not the ticker i dislike, just with so much more needed for CFM, id rather them put in more useful features, or fix contracts, or how about a dang draft board as a priority over something like a ticker.Ticker is ok , and im sure some like it. im just getting rather tired of the tiny additions while overlooking the bigger ones.
Like I said.....Different interests. I could care less about a draft board. I really dont care about that at all. I actually consider that a "tiny" addition.

With that said, if they added that over a ticker (which is something I want), I wouldnt really complain because I recognize a ton of people want that.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #191
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Like I said.....Different interests. I could care less about a draft board. I really dont care about that at all. I actually consider that a "tiny" addition.

With that said, if they added that over a ticker (which is something I want), I wouldnt really complain because I recognize a ton of people want that.
Fair enough, i only play in 32 man online league.I run it for the guys in our league, the friendships we have made over the years. I only buy madden for that purpose.Id prefer more useful things for our owners.And its not really my fault EA decided to hype up this new focus on Franchise, only to disappoint, not just me , but many here. Just voicing our opinion as we were told we should. I dont like alot of the additions. They do not sound to be that good for a 32 man online league IMO.Most guys in our league dont use social media, so i feel responsible to speak up for them.

gameplay looks much improved from what we have heard.Im all for it.Juts not a fan of acting like cfm got so much attention , but really dont seem to be that much more than years past. i just want the dang truth for once on it.Saying saving the best for last, well, that just really took the cake for me.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 06-13-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 05:43 PM   #192
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

For me it's a realistic progression system with realistic depth. But I do recognize that many like the RPG progression as unrealistic as it is, And as much as I hate it, I don't want EA/Tib to take it out (it's already coded). I was just hoping for an optional realistic progression system based on potential.

I don't care too much about the ticker, or those "Moments" stuff, but others do, so I'm glad they added it.

Aholbert, make me feel just a little bit better and say you wished I had my realistic progression system (even if you have to lie to me)...Please.

Full Editing does take some of the sting away. Nice Gameplay improvements. Like the idea of a practice squad. We'll have to wait and see how useful it is with the RPG system.

I feel better about 17 than I did about 13, 14, 15, and 16 (some nice gameplay improvements in 16).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »