Home

FIFA 17 Hands-On Impressions (FSB)

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Hands-On Impressions (FSB) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2016, 10:46 PM   #9
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 17 Hands-On Impressions (FSB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
2 things:

2. The Be A Pro Mode- why start this kid off in the Premier League at what 17 yrs old?
I think hes 19. And because of all the under 21 talent in the EPL currently. There is a couple handful of kids in the EPL right now. Ali, Rashford, Check, Depay, Stirling, Bellerin, Shaw, Ibe, Grealish. There are a bunch. Its just them playing off that.

Also this isn't Be a Pro Mode, its a separate mode altogether.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:28 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
2 things:

1. Unless I missed it, they've haven't addressed teams playing like their real life counterparts.
They didn't. I wish they had. But there will be more variety in terms of how teams attack, which should feel refreshing. And they did write about wanting more player individuality through new animations. Progress.

Quote:
2. The Be A Pro Mode- why start this kid off in the Premier League at what 17 yrs old?
I don't know. It doesn't make sense to me. I don't like any of these "story modes" in which you're a spoiled kid who doesn't have to pay his dues at all. Just feels weird to me.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:45 AM   #11
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
In PES, I think goalies were under powered more than offense being over powered. It would be great to get variety. However, I'm sure FIFA hasn't fixed the fact that a team like Shrewsbury Town plays every bit as well, and with every bit the skill, as a team like Manchester United.
Dude, that's complete BS. I'll be the first to admit that there's not enough variety in play styles in FIFA, but to act like the lower rated teams play at the same level as the Champions League caliber teams simply isn't true. I played a BPL season this year as Arsenal, and I can promise you that my record against the bottom half of the table was significantly better than vs the top half. It's quite a noticeable difference in both speed and skill, I honestly don't see how you could have possibly played the game this year and still say that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 09:52 AM   #12
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Dude, that's complete BS. I'll be the first to admit that there's not enough variety in play styles in FIFA, but to act like the lower rated teams play at the same level as the Champions League caliber teams simply isn't true. I played a BPL season this year as Arsenal, and I can promise you that my record against the bottom half of the table was significantly better than vs the top half. It's quite a noticeable difference in both speed and skill, I honestly don't see how you could have possibly played the game this year and still say that.
I agree with you.

Skill is portrayed well in FIFA. The fast players are fast. The strong players are strong. Good dribblers dribble well.

Tendencies are where I have a big problem with FIFA. One of the most beautiful things to me about the sport is how many different strategic approaches a team can take. Even at the highest levels, there exists much strategic variety among top teams. FIFA reflects this fact poorly. The good teams and players play nearly alike in terms of strategic choices. It's disappointing, and I feel like it wouldn't fly in other sports games.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #13
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
I agree with you.

Skill is portrayed well in FIFA. The fast players are fast. The strong players are strong. Good dribblers dribble well.

Tendencies are where I have a big problem with FIFA. One of the most beautiful things to me about the sport is how many different strategic approaches a team can take. Even at the highest levels, there exists much strategic variety among top teams. FIFA reflects this fact poorly. The good teams and players play nearly alike in terms of strategic choices. It's disappointing, and I feel like it wouldn't fly in other sports games.
Agreed. FIFA does a poor job with players like Messi and Ronaldo. They never feel dangerous to me. Yes, they're great finishers and will finish if they're around the net but they never take defenders on. I've played Barcelona for two years running now in the Champions League final with Milan and both times Messi hugged the touchline and did hardly anything. Teams need to play through/funnel their attacks through their main men.

It should be hard to take them out of the game, especially if you don't have to man mark them.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #14
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Agreed. FIFA does a poor job with players like Messi and Ronaldo. They never feel dangerous to me. Yes, they're great finishers and will finish if they're around the net but they never take defenders on. I've played Barcelona for two years running now in the Champions League final with Milan and both times Messi hugged the touchline and did hardly anything. Teams need to play through/funnel their attacks through their main men.

It should be hard to take them out of the game, especially if you don't have to man mark them.
Right, exactly.

And I find it bizarre it is normal and acceptable in FIFA.

Imagine a Madden in which the Patriots and Bills ran the ball with the same frequency, or an NBA 2K in which Stephen Curry shot threes as often as Eric Bledsoe or John Wall.

It wouldn't fly.

But it's somehow normal behavior in FIFA for teams and star players to play more or less the same.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #15
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
Right, exactly.

And I find it bizarre it is normal and acceptable in FIFA.

Imagine a Madden in which the Patriots and Bills ran the ball with the same frequency, or an NBA 2K in which Stephen Curry shot threes as often as Eric Bledsoe or John Wall.

It wouldn't fly.

But it's somehow normal behavior in FIFA for teams and star players to play more or less the same.
I'll take FIFA's strenghts & weaknesses over Madden's any day. Sure, tendencies may be better in Madden, but the animations, interaction and general AI are far, far behind.

I don't know why either haven't addressed these issues, but I would think tendencies would be the easier challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 07:45 PM   #16
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'll take FIFA's strenghts & weaknesses over Madden's any day. Sure, tendencies may be better in Madden, but the animations, interaction and general AI are far, far behind.

I don't know why either haven't addressed these issues, but I would think tendencies would be the easier challenge.
Of course, FIFA has a lot of good things going for it. Just saying this one area is an obvious oversight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »