Home

NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polygon)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polygon) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
In terms of separating the field, it kind of sounds like jones could possibly be alluding to a lobby type atmosphere or maybe at least grouping the higher rated players from the lower rated players in my park. I hope so bc I dnt want to be rated 95 and have to be the one matched up against a 85 player who I can easily outplay. It's like when you have a kid that called next among men and you getting matched up with the kid.

Plus alot of those lower rated players are newbies and some are just nuts so they are going to cause you to lose bc they are still learning how to play.

I have an 88 rated 6'9" center that pretty much kills people in park because I put all my skills into defense, athlete, rebounding and playmaking. With boosts he's so much faster than 7'3" centers and he can keep up with guards. You can't go just by rating, I have a playmaking Ben Wallace for all intents and purposes, and that's how I use him. Plus his dunk rating is in the 90s.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polyg

Anything involving stick skill sounds good to me
Old 08-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #51
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alv1s
Any chance there will be option to create your own plays?
I think it will happen at some point. I think the issue is that it might lead to massive cheesy plays being created.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Timed layups confirmed. Pretty amazing. I had made a thread back in 2014 about that.
I'm a bit skeptical about this. Shot timing is already a headache sometimes from lag. Hopefully it's optional in all game modes and nobody is missing wide open layups. It only happens once a blue moon
Old 08-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
In terms of separating the field, it kind of sounds like jones could possibly be alluding to a lobby type atmosphere or maybe at least grouping the higher rated players from the lower rated players in my park. I hope so bc I dnt want to be rated 95 and have to be the one matched up against a 85 player who I can easily outplay. It's like when you have a kid that called next among men and you getting matched up with the kid.

Plus alot of those lower rated players are newbies and some are just nuts so they are going to cause you to lose bc they are still learning how to play.
It shouldn't be like that. There are plenty of low overall players that can play the game
Old 08-22-2016, 03:21 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
I have an 88 rated 6'9" center that pretty much kills people in park because I put all my skills into defense, athlete, rebounding and playmaking. With boosts he's so much faster than 7'3" centers and he can keep up with guards. You can't go just by rating, I have a playmaking Ben Wallace for all intents and purposes, and that's how I use him. Plus his dunk rating is in the 90s.
Yeh but I'm talking about in general.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:22 PM   #55
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Sadly sounds like there isn't much love for single player these days.

I for one have little interest in online e-penis modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 03:23 PM   #56
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

Quote:
I'm a bit skeptical about this. Shot timing is already a headache sometimes from lag. Hopefully it's optional in all game modes and nobody is missing wide open layups. It only happens once a blue moon
True but if it happens it will be rare like a lag issue. If you are lagging on layups I am sure you are lagging on jumpers. I like that there are no more automatic layups it should balance the game out especially after offensive rebounds where it felt extra easy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »