Home

Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and More

This is a discussion on Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 11:53 AM   #185
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I only play quick games and this is what I see no matter who I play against. Guys the game plays differently on orher modes. You may not see what wryly sees but I have. The pacing is just way off....

I'm waiting for the patch and Ronyell rosters so I can enjoy this game. For now I'm just grinding for badges and playing park games with my brothers. The sim part of the game for ME is just not there.
This is probably the biggest, constant error we make around here, myself included.

We talk about "the game" and "game play" as if 2K is one game. No, it's like 10 games or more, and each functions and plays differently.

I don't know how the board can get better at this without help from the mods or some suggested rules from forum admin for people to please specify what mode and online or offline when they post any comments or impressions of the game. That might be too much. But the way things are now, we're constantly talking past each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 12:22 PM   #186
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and M

beluba's post from other thread:
Quote:
There's no conspiracy theory. It turns out there's a technical reason we're unable to make tuning updates at the moment. We're trying to work it out but we may be blocked until patch 5. Forcing an update before then has a high probability of corrupting peoples' MyCAREER saves which is definitely worse than the issues we're trying to iron out with the tuners. Please be patient, guys

could just put this in first post as well.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:22 PM   #187
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
This is probably the biggest, constant error we make around here, myself included.

We talk about "the game" and "game play" as if 2K is one game. No, it's like 10 games or more, and each functions and plays differently.

I don't know how the board can get better at this without help from the mods or some suggested rules from forum admin for people to please specify what mode and online or offline when they post any comments or impressions of the game. That might be too much. But the way things are now, we're constantly talking past each other.

Agreed it's not applicable to have that kinda classification implied over the forums but you're definitely correct Lorenzo. It's smt. 2k has to figure out coming years for sure with how they get feedbacks from who etc. Etc. But so many misconsumptions arised this year. Myself included.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2016, 12:46 PM   #188
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Patch 5????
Old 10-16-2016, 12:49 PM   #189
Rookie

plyrically's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by plyrically
@beluba
Just played in the staples; mozgov had a crazy putback dunk and the crowd went absolutely silent.

FYI.
How can these issues be ignored if they happen on a game-to-game basis?
You won't always be the best shooter. You won't always be the best rebounder, or defender, either. What you can always do the best though, is play hard. Once you do that, Everything else will take care of itself.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:49 PM   #190
Rookie

plyrically's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
so to clarify these adjustments are being made due to human vs cpu or due to human vs human online play?
can someone please clarify this?
You won't always be the best shooter. You won't always be the best rebounder, or defender, either. What you can always do the best though, is play hard. Once you do that, Everything else will take care of itself.

Last edited by plyrically; 10-16-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:04 PM   #191
Rookie

I'm an Offline MYGM player. I'm liking where the game is at overall. The few things I would like in my gm is the ability to watch the games. Or to play user vs user games. It would be cool to be able to watch playoff games (we don't need to be rewarded VC for it).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 11:27 PM   #192
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Exactly. The percentage drop people are asking for would mean these games would end in the 40s, MAYBE low 50s at the very best. I'm sure a lot of people would be bored to death if that's all we could score per game because of a system that relegates how many shots you're allowed to make.
I don't see how an inflated numerical score automatically makes the game more exciting. If they think real scores for the time played is boring, then they think the NBA is boring. Seeing 70 at the end doesn't suddenly make a thing they thought boring exciting. And if they weren't having fun aside from seeing the score get run up then they don't enjoy real basketball.

If what you're saying it's that people just want more actual makes and a faster pace in the time played regardless of realism or accuracy, then they don't actually care about an NBA simulation. They should stick to Park or play the game on a Casual and specifically non-sim mode.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-16-2016 at 11:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »