Home

Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2017, 01:56 PM   #81
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

I know the score ticker was a request by the community as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #82
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
LOL of course, but none of those thing were part of community wishlists that have gone basically untouched for the past 10 years. I can still go play a deeper Franchise mode in Madden 06 on the original Xbox with team morale, chemistry, holdouts, Training camp, position battles, uniform creation, etc. So yes, for EA to talk about a "revamped" franchise mode, when all they did was streamline some menus and add quickplay, is a joke.
Madden 06 was my favorite franchise mode by far! Loved all that stuff and really wish they would bring it all back, but I think we know that's not happening any time soon. Some great memories with that game!
Old 06-02-2017, 02:15 PM   #83
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
They didn't need to be community wish list items to make the mode better. Gamers often don't know what they actually want, especially sports gamers, and the overwhelmingly positive reception of last year's changes to franchise are proof positive of that. No one was asking for them, but everyone loved them.

None of that depth means anything if no one is actually playing the mode. And that doesn't even begin to address the features themselves and if they were actually any good, which I will argue they weren't, but that's a story for another time.

I also know for a fact that the Tiburon team doesn't ignore community wish lists. If we were to go back through the years we could find the items in the mode which are in the game specifically because the community asked for them, but that's not an exercise I have time to do right now. Off the top of my head, practice squads and the draft watch list got into the game specifically because we asked for those things.
"Better" is subjective to everyone individually. Sure, did those new things make the mode more enjoyable for new and casual users? Absolutely. But for the people that play madden year round, for those of us that play in 32 man online leagues, these features did nothing. That is all I am concerned with.

Practice squads were half assed and do not work correctly. Hopefully they are implemented correctly this year, but I have my doubts.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-02-2017, 08:32 PM   #84
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I know the score ticker was a request by the community as well.
Its sad that the community has to request something like this.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:48 PM   #85
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
It's still tickles me that it had been on the community wishlist basically since 06 and they gave us a goals ticker before it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #86
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
True, it's sad all communities have to ask for elemental things in other sports games, too.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:10 PM   #87
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
They didn't need to be community wish list items to make the mode better. Gamers often don't know what they actually want, especially sports gamers, and the overwhelmingly positive reception of last year's changes to franchise are proof positive of that. No one was asking for them, but everyone loved them.
Actually, that last line there, is false. Everyone did not love them. Dont care if CFM use went up 100% ( yet i bet you it dont see any increase in funds for 18) , that does not mean "Everyone" loved it? Most those changes , were nothing more than UI changes.When you hype its gonna be most resources ever, and a focus on franchise, sorry but the people thats been playing it for years, expect to see more than the usual UI change fest.They did that to themselves by hyping it up so much to deliver so little .

Quote:

I also know for a fact that the Tiburon team doesn't ignore community wish lists. If we were to go back through the years we could find the items in the mode which are in the game specifically because the community asked for them, but that's not an exercise I have time to do right now. Off the top of my head, practice squads and the draft watch list got into the game specifically because we asked for those things.

I dont recall anyone asking for a watch list. Matter of fact , what people really asked for is a draft board but the watch list is not even close to a draft board.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #88
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Actually, that last line there, is false. Everyone did not love them. Dont care if CFM use went up 100% ( yet i bet you it dont see any increase in funds for 18) , that does not mean "Everyone" loved it?
I mean, sure, I know there are people on this forum who didn't. I was generalizing given the statistics offered in response to the changes Tiburon made to the mode, forgive me.

Not going to speculate about "funding" because A - that's not how it works and B - it's impossible for us to know how Tiburon budgets its time and money anyway. It's a pointless exercise.

Quote:
Most those changes , were nothing more than UI changes.When you hype its gonna be most resources ever, and a focus on franchise, sorry but the people thats been playing it for years, expect to see more than the usual UI change fest.They did that to themselves by hyping it up so much to deliver so little .
Play The Moments was an entire new gameplay mode and Weekly Training was a brand-new feature bolted onto franchise. Neither of those two big-ticket items were "nothing more than UI changes".

The UI changes you are referring to - mostly grouped under the Big Decisions banner - streamlined the franchise front-end UX for new players so they actually had a clue how to play franchise and made it easier for veteran players to navigate through the mode faster. Those features also added in-game presentation and commentary elements. So while they were mostly UI, they weren't exclusively UI.

Thanks in part to that collection of changes the number of players in the mode doubled. There is absolutely no argument that the changes were A - not good, or B - not wildly successful.

Quote:
I dont recall anyone asking for a watch list. Matter of fact , what people really asked for is a draft board but the watch list is not even close to a draft board.
Watch list was asked for in lieu of a draft board, which you are correct is what people actually want. Watch list was the best Tiburon could do at the time within their development time budget for the game, so that's what we got. It's mildly useful and it's better than nothing, but I agree that it's not as useful as a draft board would be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »