Home

NHL 24 Gameplay Video - Edmonton Oilers vs. Vegas Golden Knights (Superstar Difficulty)

This is a discussion on NHL 24 Gameplay Video - Edmonton Oilers vs. Vegas Golden Knights (Superstar Difficulty) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2023, 08:33 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 24 Gameplay Video - Edmonton Oilers vs. Vegas Golden Knights (Superstar Difficulty)

Nasher has posted a new NHL 24 gameplay video featuring the Edmonton Oilers and reigning Stanley...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 09-12-2023 at 08:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2023, 12:48 AM   #2
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 24 Gameplay Video - Edmonton Oilers vs. Vegas Golden Knights (Superstar Diffi

Flopidy flop, flopidy flop, flopidy flop !

That is gonna be my last post on NHL24. Watching this video more than 5 minutes hurts my brain, it hurts my soul…

Watching all these icons on the ice, watching that tunnel of doom Fortnite emote when you score a goal, seeing 40 hip checks in a game, 30 tries of the Michigan and seeing goalies face first doing the pretzel having a seizure on the ice….

Also seeing that they didn’t give any love for the offline community for how many years in a row now ? It's another slap in the face. This game is clearly not for me… To each their own…

Have fun to all of you that can’t wait for this game. I wish you all the best !

Sincerely !
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Old 09-13-2023, 04:08 AM   #3
MVP

Re: NHL 24 Gameplay Video - Edmonton Oilers vs. Vegas Golden Knights (Superstar Diffi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Flopidy flop, flopidy flop, flopidy flop !

That is gonna be my last post on NHL24. Watching this video more than 5 minutes hurts my brain, it hurts my soul…

Watching all these icons on the ice, watching that tunnel of doom Fortnite emote when you score a goal, seeing 40 hip checks in a game, 30 tries of the Michigan and seeing goalies face first doing the pretzel having a seizure on the ice….

Also seeing that they didn’t give any love for the offline community for how many years in a row now ? It's another slap in the face. This game is clearly not for me… To each their own…

Have fun to all of you that can’t wait for this game. I wish you all the best !

Sincerely !
Absolutely agree with you. This game in the video is looking terrible.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:12 AM   #4
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Game looks slowed down on default, which is good. I honestly don't mind the icons and stuff, at least they are trying new things, unlike Madden.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:34 AM   #5
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Game looks slowed down on default, which is good. I honestly don't mind the icons and stuff, at least they are trying new things, unlike Madden.
I can assure you: It's NOT... Game runs at the same "ludicrous" speeds by default. The game was obviously tweaked for the video to make it look more tame, or running on default FULL SIM presets.

It still looks too fast to me. Skating still looks floaty, rotation of the players on the ice still looks completely off. Don't even get me started on the goalies... That first goal? Where the goalie flops around and makes back to back saves, only to not even move when he takes the puck behind and around the net and attempts a sliding blocking butterfly save when he gets the wrap around? ... *sigh*

Why didn't the goalie FLOP or dive to make a save there? Why didn't he go spread eagle or, i don't know, MOVE WITH AN URGENCY TO DO HIS FUSHLUGGINAH JOB AND SAVE THE PUCK!!!

I'm not disputing the fact that it was probably going to be a goal anyways. I'm disputing the fact that the goalie does NOTHING while he moves to the other side for 2 whole seconds, and when he does move, he does the WRONG save animation (what goalie in the NHL or even in the MINOR LEAGUES, goes for a sliding butterfly save attempt when going from one post to the other???)

Sister Mary-Francis... I can't. And they had to pick NASHER to narrate the vid... God! I couldn't stand more than 3 and a half minutes of his innane, over-hyped drivel. Ugh!

Last edited by VeNOM3099; 09-13-2023 at 09:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2023, 09:53 AM   #6
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

If you guys bare to watch the whole thing, well NO, just skip to the end where he scores with Darnell Nurse, he’s all in awe at the move he pulls off with him, but man did that look unnatural!!!! It seems like there was frames missing there or something, but it was definitely OFF 😳

Not that I watched the whole thing myself, GODDDD !!! It’s just that I was curious to see the game stats which he never showed, so I skipped near the end 😆
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)

Last edited by PernellKarl076; 09-13-2023 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:13 AM   #7
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Man I miss the days before every sports game became so online focused. I mean what about real hockey is this video showcasing?

Sad time to be a sim-hockey video game fan

Last edited by Don Jon; 09-13-2023 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:18 AM   #8
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Won't even comment outside of the below because everyone is saying the same things and I hope people enjoy the game.

The awkwardness between scoring the goal, the player with the horrendous celebration with the other 4 players following him like zombies, then the cutscene is awful. Nasher even mentions it....it HAS to get fixed. It's terrible. Zero flow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »