Home

PernellKarl076 NHL23 (ULTRA REALISTIC GAMEPLAY SETUP)

This is a discussion on PernellKarl076 NHL23 (ULTRA REALISTIC GAMEPLAY SETUP) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2023, 02:53 PM   #1
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
PernellKarl076 NHL23 (ULTRA REALISTIC GAMEPLAY SETUP)

To be honest this is a dream come true to me… I’ve always wanted a cyber game that played closest to it’s real life counterpart, and I’m pretty sure I was able to seal the deal 😀

With all the shortcomings and all the handcuffs we have with Sliders, Settings, Strategies and individual values for players that HALF the time don’t work as intended. It makes it even more satisfying to say the least.

I am very proud and excited to show you this video. It’s a culmination of the work I’ve done on NHL22 and now 23 to bring this game at the next level !

In all humbleness here it is… In beautiful 4K and crank up the volume, I think you won’t regret it 😀

** Disclaimer: To achieve that Ultra Realistic Gameplay, this is a whole complete package. It’s not only sliders. I repeat, it’s not just sliders…

These sliders are great, but you absolutely need the Taylor Made Roster to achieve the desired gameplay. Also, you will need to set the game up as described below. Everything needs to be entered AS IS… The sliders are a touchy business, once entered, don’t even look at them, trust me 😉

*** Also, if you come in PK's Club to ask questions about your experience with this setup, please make sure you have the exact same setup and roster or else this will become a ball of confusion in a hurry.

Here is the ROSTER you will need… You can check the video for the name of that said roster and at the same time, you will see new faces, in new places 😉😀

FOR XBOX SERIES X PLAYERS
ROSTER NAME
USER
DATE
PK76 ULTIMATE v1
P4TRICK 027
October 16 2023

FOR PS5 PLAYERS
ROSTER NAME
USER
DATE
PK76 ULTIMATE v1
cupcrazymaniac
October 16 2023

All NHL teams have their strategies set (recommended you leave like this for now) will comeback to explain later… The projected Line Ups for 24 have also been set according to the site Daily Faceoff.

- Once you have downloaded the roster, make sure it is set to ACTIVE and you are good to go 👍

Now make sure you enter everything AS IS, very important…. And remember what I said about sliders 😉 Even if you are a long time veteran and you have your masters degree from Sliderville, lol !

** This front page will always be updated if I make any changes along the way.

—————————————————————
** OCTOBER 16 UPDATE **

You can also read more about it in this thread: The ULTIMATE GAMEPLAY Experience

Also look on this page for all the updated Sliders and SETUP. Rosters have also been updated ⬆️

—————————————————————
** SEPTEMBER 03 UPDATE **

- With the collaboration of my GM GTPO and zevon_99, we came up with game CHANGING tweaks, mainly in the Skating and Hitting Department. You will find them in BOLD in the Slider section 😀 Enjoy !

You can also read more about it in this thread: HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA IN 2K-EA STYLE

—————————————————————
** AUGUST 14 UPDATE **

- With the collaboration of my GM GTPO and zevon_99, we came up with a few minor tweaks, without compromising the very important Game FLOW. You will find them in BOLD in the Slider section 😀 Enjoy !
—————————————————————
** JULY 28 UPDATE **

- Near the end of this page/post, you will find my solution to keep the game as stable as it can be 😀
—————————————————————
** JULY 26 UPDATE **

- Changes are in BOLD but very IMPORTANT for game Flow/animation
—————————————————————

Controller Settings
  • Control - SKILL STICK
  • Auto Back Skate - OFF
  • Auto Hustle - OFF
  • Shooting Controls - CAMERA RELATED
  • Vibration - You DECIDE 😉

Rules
Game Play Presets: Custom (Full Sim)
Game Style: Custom (Full Sim)
Post Whistle Rules: Authentic
Rules: Custom (NHL)
Fighting: 1
Icing: On ( like the good old days, go touch that puck 😉 )
Injuries: On
Offsides: Delayed
Penalties: 3 of 4 (that number does nothing when you play the games, but affects the simming part… )
Tie Break: 5 min (3 on3) then shootout
Trapezoid Rule: Off
Penalty Time Scaling: 0
Coincidental Penalty Time Scale: 0

Game Settings
Game Play Presets: Custom (Full Sim)
Game Style: Custom (Full Sim)
Period Length: 12 to 15 minutes (15 recommended)
Difficulty: PRO, ALL STAR or SUPERSTAR
Camera: ACTION AUTO ZOOM Very Important ! The game will focus on your player…
Goalie Camera: High
Shootout Camera: Dynamic Low
Away Line Changes: Manual
Away Shot Aim: Manual
Home Line Changes: Manual
Home Shot Aim: Manual

GENERAL
  • VERSION 1.00
  • AE 5
  • BSF 50
  • GAME SPEED 0
  • FATIGUE EFFECT 100
  • FATIGUE RECOVERY 30
  • INJURIES 50

SKATING
  • BACK SKATING 100
  • HUSTLE TYPE SPEED BURST
  • PUCK CARRIER AGILITY 0
  • PUCK CARRIER SKATING 90
  • PLAYER ACCELERATION 0
  • SPEED 100
  • SKATING AGILITY 30

SHOOTING
  • ONE TIMER 30
  • SHOT ACCURACY 30
  • POWER 60
  • SLAPSHOT ACCURACY 50
  • SS POWER 60

PASSING
  • MANUAL PASSING ON
  • PASS ASSIST 0
  • MIN PS 15
  • MAX PS 70
  • SAUCER 55
  • PASS ACCURACY 5
  • INTERCEPTION 0
  • RECEPTION EASE 20
  • REACTION TIME 50
  • PUCK CONTROL RATING EFFECT 50
  • SPEED RECEPTION EFFECT 50
  • PICKUP TYPE EFFECT 50
  • BOUNCING PUCK 30

PUCK CONTROL
  • STICK, LEGS AND BODY for both (check often cause sometimes these changes)
  • STICK CONTACT IMMUNITY 0
  • PUCK CONTROL 20
  • DEKING IMPACT 100
  • SPIN DEKING IMPACT 100
  • SKATING IMPACT 50

GOALIES
  • COVER FREQUENCY 90
  • PASSING 30
  • GCCRT 50
  • SAVE REACTION TIME 0
  • GDRT 0
  • SCREEN EFFECT 100
  • SCREEN PERSISTENCE 100

CHECKING
  • BOARD EFFECT NON CARRIER 20
  • BOARD EFFECT PUCK CARRIER 20
  • HITTING ASSISTANCE 0
  • STUMBLE THRESHOLD 0
  • FALL AND STUMBLE EASE 0 Check these, they change sometimes…
  • AGGRESSION 0
  • HITTING POWER 3
  • SIZE EFFECT 100
  • SPEED EFFECT 50
  • CHECKING/BALANCE 100
  • PREPAREDNESS EFFECT 100
  • INCIDENTAL CONTACT 100
  • POKE 0
  • POKE POWER 50
  • STICK LIFT 5

PENALTIES
  • CPU PENALTIES 50
  • TEAMMATES 50
  • TRIPPING 30
  • SLASHING 20
  • ELBOWING 100
  • HIGH STICKING 100
  • CROSS CHECKING 100
  • BOARDING 100
  • CHARGING 30
  • DELAY OF GAME 40 (could be higher, but I dislike this penalty tbh)
  • HOLDING 40
  • HOOKING 100
  • INTERFERENCE 50

AI

The more things at 0 here, the less under the hood stuff from EA 😀
  • AI LEARNING 0
  • CPU DIFFICULTY 0
  • FACEOFF DIFFICULTY 50
  • FIGHT DIFFICULTY 50
  • CPU STRAT ADJUSTMENTS 0 (If CPU down in the last few minutes, change to 4)
  • USER 0
  • BAP STRAT Adjustments 0

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for the BEST Experience
1) Take my slider set AS IS
2) Play POSITION LOCK. The best way to play the game IMO, you'll have to make split second decisions and the game plays much better this way.
3)Goes hand in hand with no2, PLAY YOUR POSITION don't run everywhere on the ice and you will be rewarded and you'll be amazed at how you AI teammates play way better this way 😀
4) NEVER ask for a pass… NEVER…. The AI will pass on plenty of occasions if you are in a good spot, so work your *** off to get there 😆
5) ACTION CAM Give it a go even if you've never really liked it… IT puts you right there on the ice… You will thank me later. TRUST ME !
6) Maybe extreme, but I play with no HUD whatsoever… Not even the player indicator… Sooooo immersive, just remember your players at the said position… THIS is REAL HOCKEY baby !
7) Make sure you follow the 6 steps above and if you love REAL HOCKEY, you cannot go wrong…. HAVE FUN ! 😀

THE REASONS WHY I PREACH PLAYER LOCK

The reasons why I’m preaching Player LOCK 🔒 is that the game and especially the AI plays much, much better. Just for this, it’s worth it a 100 %

For me player locking is a way of life, lol ! You get to do your part on a very fast team sport. Every little decisions you do count… Should I pinch here ? Should I stay back to cover this guy ? Should I call for a line change here ? Can I keep the puck a little longer to give my teammates time to change ? Do I have time myself and is it safe to go for a change here ? Do I go for a huge hit here and leave myself exposed if I miss ? If they block my shot here at the point, can they go on a breakaway ?

Also never asking for a pass brings another level of authenticity to all of this. In what league or team have you ever played in, that when you ask for a pass, your teammates immediately pass it to you ? This makes no sense to me…. Put yourself in a good position and they will pass it to you and you’ll feel grateful they did 😀

On top of having 0 pass assist…. You really have to AIM your passes and wait for your teammate on the other end of it, to be in the best disposition to receive it… It feels REAL 😀

You also get to be a MAJOR part of your teams success. Your own play gets to dictate the outcome like never before especially when playing on D… You have to give every little bit of attention and add all the little details to your play, to your game. Something you just don’t or can’t do when you play as the whole team IMO… Just try it for 1 or 2 games and you’ll probably never look back after that 😉

For the people already in the player locking business 😆, don’t be afraid to chime in and let me know if I missed something here…

I just know that since I adopted this way of playing the game, is when I started being more interested in playing the game instead of watching one… I mean YOU GET to play with Crosby, Malkin and friends 😀 What more can you ask for ?

Thanks and let me know if I converted only one of you 😆✌️

BEST WAY TO AVOID BERZERK MODE AND KEEP THE GAME VERY STABLE

This is how I have been proceeding over the years over my paranoia of BERZERK, lol ! Very happy to say that it didn’t show it’s face in a very loooong time…
  1. Before I start NHL, I go OFFLINE (no network).
  2. Go into the sliders section and enter my set AS IS (very important)
  3. Save your slider set.
  4. Do a complete shutdown of your system. (For XBOX, Hold the power button for about 5 seconds)
  5. Once you start the game, never go into the Sliders Tab. NEVER !
  6. Take #5 very seriously. I’m not kidding when I say just one value can put this game out of whack. Trust me.
  7. HAVE FUN 😀

This shorter video is a quick example of how the game speed/flow/pace should feel and look like, when you enter my sliders set AS IS and play with my roster PK76 FULL60 GAMEPLAY. If the pace and flow doesn't look like this, something is wrong with the sliders entered.

I play Left D locked for the Penguins, with only the on ice sound to focus more on the gameplay pace 😀

On top of this, Jets and Pens are 2 teams that are heavy on the forecheck strategies and should by default promote more hectic gameplay. But the results are very tempered gameplay and satisfying to me 😀

Hope I didn’t forget anything. It’s been a long Month and lots of work over the past year… I have put my heart and soul into this project, so what I would expect from you guys and girls, is that I get feedback. If you are a visitor, lurker and you’ve downloaded the roster, sign up here, it takes 2 minutes and it’s free and we can talk Hockey 😀

Now, I give you my blessings… Go have fun, It’s HOCKEY TIME BABY !!!!
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)

Last edited by PernellKarl076; 10-16-2023 at 03:25 PM. Reason: OCTOBER 16 UPDATE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2023, 04:57 PM   #2
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
re: PernellKarl076 NHL23 (ULTRA REALISTIC GAMEPLAY SETUP)

Will these be for play on superstar or all star level?

You belong on the Mt Rushmore of slider makers if you can make 20 min periods a reality.

Dowie
Old 06-10-2023, 05:29 PM   #3
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Thanks very much for the kind words Dowie 😀

I now play with the game on Superstar, but like I’ve said before, if you play Position Lock, that is the best Difficulty in my opinion… That being said, it could very well be played on AS.

I have a bunch of gameplay videos on my USB taken from my XBSX, but my dongle to transfer on my IPAD is messing with me 😫

I have played 5 games with them so far and it looks and plays awesome, can’t put the game down 😆 In the meantime, I will post screenshots of Final game stats as I play more… Tonight, I’m alone and rocking this place 😀

** If anyone wants to join me in testing this ,let me know… Its gonna take a bit of patience tho, because there’s allot of tweaking to do, lol !
Old 06-10-2023, 11:52 PM   #4
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Sharks vs Ducks

Me playing LD for the Sharks… Another amazing game, I’ve never been this hyped for a game in life no joke…

When you are trailing near the end of the 3rd and the clock says, 3:27 that’s exactly the time left, in REAL time, lol ! We were trailing 2-1 and we scored with 47 seconds left, and I almost jumped in the air when we scored…. It was like I just won the Stanley Cup 😆

Here are the Final Stats for 60 😀 I just checked and this season, Anaheim gave 39 Shots per game on Average…. On Average 😳 The Sharks gave 32…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2-2.JPG (43.9 KB, 1194 views)
Old 06-12-2023, 09:05 AM   #5
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

I’m still testing and having a blast at the same time… Since I’m playing on Defense for the Sharks, my objective in every game is to allow less than 30 shots on goal (a game within a game) 😆 Not always an easy task on a full 60 😉

Then played this game last night, and achieved my goal big time, even if Anaheim had 5 Powerplays 😳

Would really love to post gameplay videos, but I'm still having problems with my dongle 😫😫 I have a ton of clips on my USB drive…
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2023-6-12-085304.jpeg (72.3 KB, 1190 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2023, 12:30 PM   #6
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Thanks very much for the kind words Dowie 😀

I now play with the game on Superstar, but like I’ve said before, if you play Position Lock, that is the best Difficulty in my opinion… That being said, it could very well be played on AS.

I have a bunch of gameplay videos on my USB taken from my XBSX, but my dongle to transfer on my IPAD is messing with me 😫

I have played 5 games with them so far and it looks and plays awesome, can’t put the game down 😆 In the meantime, I will post screenshots of Final game stats as I play more… Tonight, I’m alone and rocking this place 😀

** If anyone wants to join me in testing this ,let me know… Its gonna take a bit of patience tho, because there’s allot of tweaking to do, lol !
Happy to help test and report back. If you don't want to clutter this thread, please PM me the sliders and set up.

Dowie
Old 06-12-2023, 12:44 PM   #7
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
Happy to help test and report back. If you don't want to clutter this thread, please PM me the sliders and set up.

Dowie

Great Stuff ! I got a PM from my General Manager here GetThePuckOut 😉 and he will also test and report… Having the time of my life with this game Dowie, for real…

Very important, are you on XBSX ? You will have to download my temporary roster with important changes on Sharks and Ducks… Or else, it will take too long to explain all the changes 😉
Old 06-12-2023, 02:47 PM   #8
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Great Stuff ! I got a PM from my General Manager here GetThePuckOut 😉 and he will also test and report… Having the time of my life with this game Dowie, for real…

Very important, are you on XBSX ? You will have to download my temporary roster with important changes on Sharks and Ducks… Or else, it will take too long to explain all the changes 😉
I am on PS5......using GetThePuckOut v2 roster that has the d-men edits.

Dowie

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »