Home

Interested in PC version impressions.

This is a discussion on Interested in PC version impressions. within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Interested in PC version impressions.

Any chance we could have a PC version impressions sticky. I'm interested in how it compares.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Interested in PC version impressions.

There was a thread, but it's probably back a couple of pages back. The basic impressions were it's just as good as the console version but with better graphics, IIRC. Try searching for it if you want more detailed impressions.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
Any chance we could have a PC version impressions sticky. I'm interested in how it compares.
i would definitely recommend the pc version, as long as you have a more than sufficient system. it plays virtually the same and looks real sharp if you have a real nice video card. the game is also moddable, which means stadiums, rosters, and other little things can be edited. go to mvpmods.com for more on that. if you do get the pc version, you should get a 360 wired controlled. the only downside i see with this version is if and when pc users get the patch(s).
Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

You should also know that there is no classic pitching/hitting options in the PC version.

Also, even if you are using the 360 controller for the PC version, there are no 360 icons in the game. The game uses a generic joystick icon system. This means that you often dont know what buttons you're pushing and what they'll do when you push them.

Other than that, it's the same game. Looks much better on the PC.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Someone usually mods icons for 2k games so that whatever controller you're using will have applicable icons.

I just played my first PC game, love it so far. Stunned at how sharp the image looks. especially since I'm not working with an amazing video card. Much better than the Console VS PC resolution on NBA 2k10 imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I am really disappointed that there is no classic hitting option. Has everyone checked to make sure it is not hidden? Last year you had to hit F2 or F3 key and a different set of options appeared and that is where you can change this to classic hitting. I do not care for Right stick swinging at all and hope this is remedied.

thanks.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:00 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Thanks for the impressions guys. I was reading over at mvpmod's that there could be a player editor for the pc released.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm enjoying the PC game quite a bit.

On first glance, the game looks great. After some time with it, though, some graphical things are really beginning to bother me:

1) Shadows: Personally, I find them lacking. In certain shots they look great, but in most some areas are "jaggy" with rough well defined edges like shadows of a hacksaw blade.

2) Lighting: Again, it usually works great. But, it certain shots the light hitting, say, a white uniform is FAR to bright and unrealistic. Very noticeable while batting and it's distracting. The should have gone with a softer light.

3) Reflections: This is the biggie for me. Reflections off equipment get black, blotchy, and UGLY. Most noticeable on a sunny day. It seems to get better or worse during the game as the light changes.

I've tried various settings on my card but can't get rid of (3).

All in all, though, I'm liking the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »