Home

Commentary Lines that Need to Go

This is a discussion on Commentary Lines that Need to Go within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Commentary Lines that Need to Go

We all have thoes few lines that have been in the game for a while that just plain...suck

Like " All that sunday school is finally paying off"

2K11 had the commentary on the extra stuff down pat. But the play by play was terrible. And i mean terrible. What lines do you want to see trashed and maybe some new lines surface.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Commentary Lines that Need to Go

You're right. The general commentary about the background of a player/team/fanbase is great, but the play by play is pretty bad.

"Stat stuffer supreme" line needs to go. You know what...just trash all of the lines from Kellogg.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Those lines are hilarious. Get a sense of humor.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSensui
You're right. The general commentary about the background of a player/team/fanbase is great, but the play by play is pretty bad.

"Stat stuffer supreme" line needs to go. You know what...just trash all of the lines from Kellogg.
I concur, Kellogg needs to make way for someone who actually calls NBA games.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

I think 2k needs to make the commentary feel more like a local game than a nationally televised game. Commentary gets old way too fast in association mode because of this. Hearing them talk about T-Mac and the player he could of been every game is annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Not sure if this is the exact lines, but it comes up at the start of every single 4th quarter... "Well it often comes in spurts, Kevin, spurtability is what I like to call it."
Old 08-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

Hopefully they'll revamp the whole commentary on 2k12....it gets to the point sometimes that i don't even wanna hear what they're saying because they say it over and over again.... And another thing....they shouldn't talk about what defense you've switched to, as soon as u push the button....at least give the defense a chance to set up......then talk about what the defense is and what it can do.....

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Not sure if this is the exact lines, but it comes up at the start of every single 4th quarter... "Well it often comes in spurts, Kevin, spurtability is what I like to call it."
Yep, that's the one.

Also, I like the player background commentary. But I'm not a fan of hearing it every game. It'd be nice if they could retain those lines, but limit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
And another thing....they shouldn't talk about what defense you've switched to, as soon as u push the button....at least give the defense a chance to set up......then talk about what the defense is and what it can do.....
I agree. I think I've mentioned that in some other threads, but it's awfully tough to take my human opponent by surprise when Harlan or Kellogg are always so ready to say, "It looks like they're going to try a half court trap!"

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-13-2011 at 04:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »