Home

TE's are a killer

This is a discussion on TE's are a killer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
TE's are a killer

to stop in this game. Especially the good ones that don't drop passes. The should make it that you can press TE's. Or can you? if so how?

I played the 49ers and vernon davis killed me no matter who guarded him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: TE's are a killer

You could play on the man assigned to him and press him yourself (RB on 360, R1 on PS3) at the line of scrimmage. I don't think a safety will press him by default because he's too far off the line of scrimmage, even when "press" or "show blitz" coverage audibles are called.

Alternatively, if in zone, you could press him with the strongside linebacker before dropping into your coverage assignment.

Either way, if you want to press the tight end, I think that you have to do it yourself.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
Rookie

COLE THE SHMOLE's Arena

OVR: 0

This problem is the same as last year. Not sure if you can press them maybe if you manually pick lets say a linebacker and set him to man and line him close to the TE, then choose press not sure. If not u will just have to user the LB and cover
Old 08-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Sounds like APF. TEs were ridiculous. Can you really press now with out them just gliding by like that though? I know the new physics help out with a lot, but I'm usually one of the front 8.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Rookie

rpelas1's Arena

OVR: 3

I've found good recieving TEs to be nearly unstoppable unless i cover them myself. Against the CPU i can do it with a linebacker 1 on 1. Against my friend I have to double them with a safety. I've found myself totally changing the way i play defense so i can make sure i'm covering the TE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

Welcome to the new NFL. There is a reason he ( Vernon Davis ) is such a beast and guys like Gronk on NE or so hard to stop in real life. These are the new breed of giant WR's in today's NFL. Real life D Coords are having the same problem trying to figure out how to slow down guy's like the 2 I mentioned, so your not alone.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
Yeah their a bit overpowered. Gronk had 12 rec 167 yds and 3 TDs against the jets. He was WIDE open nearly every time I threw to him.

Cool I'm a pats fan and I hate the jets, but when I had revis on Gronk he still beat him deep for a 56yd TD.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

Big difference compared to real life though is the fact that TE's are virtually uncovered by any defender put on him.

I can put Kam Chancellor on a TE (who matches up fairly well with his size, speed, and ability to make plays on the ball) and the TE will still be wide open on most routes.

The coverage on the TE is the same if not worse than last year. It is only exacerbated by the fact that QBs can put the ball into the open space extremely easy this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »