Home

(PS3) NBA 2k13 1995-96 Roster

This is a discussion on (PS3) NBA 2k13 1995-96 Roster within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 25
(PS3) NBA 2k13 1995-96 Roster

I have uploaded a 1995-96 roster file to 2k share called 1995-96 full roster V2 under my PSN: birdman1023

First and Foremost I have to give special thanks to a couple OS members. CD90 and Neil30 have both played a part in the creation of this roster, it most likely would not have happened without them so if you enjoy this a lot of props need to go their way.

On to the roster...

This is the 2nd full version with all 29 teams fully edited and playable from the 95-96 season. I was able add in a lot more players than I thought I would be able to which has made the this the most complete roster I have done since my 2k11 association file, but this surpasses that roster in terms of overall quality. Every team has at least 12 players most have more. Almost every(if not all) players who appeared in at least 8 games has been added(I may have missed one but its pretty close) meaning only 15-20 players who played this season are not included. There are also a few CAPs in free agency you can add if you wish, I'll get to that later.

(Someone has taken one of the test rosters I posted for CD90 and edited the Dream Team members. The roster is called 1995-96. This is not associated with this project and contains very few fully edited teams. Easiest way avoid confusion is search by my PSN: birdman1023)

Here is a link to the basketballreference.com Season Summary: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_1996.html

Rosters represent the end of the regular season not opening day(a couple exceptions on IL) This means players who were traded in season are on the teams they ended the season with i.e. Tim Hardaway is on the Heat not the Warriors.

I'll list the teams listing the version I used if I used a classic version, along with the best possible jersey for current teams to replicate what they wore for this season, as well as any useful info about the team.

Philadelphia 76ers - Use whatever jersey you want, current of classic IV away are closest.

Milwaukee Bucks - Classic IV away is the Alt 95-96 away jersey so use it and Classic III for home(can use other options if you want)

Washington Bullets - Created Team, current version(Wizards) have correct roster except Rasheed Wallace is a CAP if you want the real Sheed trade with the CAT. Webber is on IL

Chicago Bulls - 95-96 version, 72-10 record best in NBA history

Cleveland Cavaliers - Classic I home and away has the same color scheme as the 95-96 jersey in real life.

Boston Celtics - Uniform has not changed in around 60 years, they had no alts till the 2000's

Los Angeles Clippers - Classic II home and away

Vancouver Grizzlies - I have made a created team for Vancouver, however the players are on the Memphis roster as well if you prefer to not use the CAT.

Atlanta Hawks - Classic IV away is the correct jersey for 95-96, use Classic III home

Miami Heat - Classic I home, away, and alt away

Charlotte Hornets - 92-93 version, can trade to New Orleans if you want the purple alt away uni. Darrin Hancock was blocked by the Language filter so he is Darrin Hancoc, you have to add the k yourself if you want it correct. Same goes for Gerald Glass but I forget whose roster he ended up on.

Utah Jazz - 97-98 version, jersey is incorrect as they switched to it in 96-97 but I hate to see Stockton in long shorts, trade them to the current version and use Classic I if you want the correct jersey

Sacramento Kings 01-02 Version

New York Knicks 94-95 Version

Los Angeles Lakers - 97-98 Version, Magic Johnson is not in the rotation he is on the IL so you can add him to the rotation if you want. He joined the team after un-retiring in February 1996.

Orlando Magic - 94-95 Version

Dallas Mavericks - Classic I home and away, Mashburn is on IL

New Jersey Nets - Created team so it says New Jersey and has more accuate uniform colors, current version has a mostly complete roster minus Dare and Mahorn, you can trade them from the CAT if you want the full roster on the current version

Denver Nuggets - 93-94 Version

Indiana Pacers - Current Jersey is not far off, you can also use Classic II home and away as they switched in 97-98 or classic IV away also could work

Detroit Pistons - Can use Current or Classic I, current alt for Red alt away if you want it

Toronto Raptors - Classic I since they had a more purple color scheme to start with

Houston Rockets - Classic II home and away

San Antonio Spurs - 97-98 Version

Phoenix Suns - Classic II away is the correct Alt away jersey for 95-96, use surrent or classic one for home

Seattle SuperSonics - 95-96 Version

Minnesota Timberwolves - Classic I home and away

Portland Trail Blazers - Current or Classic I jersey will work, Sabonis is starting ahead of Dudley even though Dudley started more regular season games Sabonis started in the playoffs

Golden State Warriors - Classic I home and away

I also included East and West All Star Teams as CATs

Free Agents: Scott Skiles, Elmer Bennett, and Mike Brown are all in the FA list(maybe 1-2 more that I have forgotten) and can be added to the Sixers in place of the players on the IL if you wish.

Sim Stats: While far from perfect, the V2 roster should produce accurate sim stats for players in PPG, RPG, AST, STL, etc. Most statistical issues are caused by a player either a) not getting enough MPG b) FG% is too high. Overall FG% will likely skew higher than 95-96 in real life, this leads to fewer rebounds. However most top rebounders are still getting the correct RPG. i have been unable to get Dennis Rodman to his correct rebound average due to sim engine's inability to create enough offensive rebounds. Blocks are another stat that is capped by the sim engine so Mutombo can't avg. 4.5 BLKs.

If you are going to use this roster in season or association mode(I recommend season) you will need to control all 30 teams in order to manage the rotations to get the most accurate sim results.

Coach Profiles: All coach profiles have been set by CD90 to emulate the way the teams played in 95-96. These make a huge difference and have always been the hardest for me when making classic rosters. Without him they would likely still be at the default settings.

Playbooks: All teams have playbook that attempts to represent that teams style using known working plays. No update will be made to these until vanwolfhawk posts his playbooks.

Accessories and Shoes - Accessories have been set to what was worn in 95-96 for the most part. Players make little adjustments based on injuries, etc. Most if not all of the teams wore white socks both home and away during the regular season. If a team is the current version and has black socks you I used white ankle braces or wraps and white leg sleeves to get a white sock effect. Don't really notice the difference in gameplay.

Shoes - I case you are unaware if you edit or create shoes the save is tied to your settings(or user profile not sure which) so they do not transfer with the roster. All Players should have the correct brand if possible, however I did not put a lot of effort into matching them style wise. Here is why...

1995-96 Shoe Guide: I have attached a file with Word Documents with guide lines for making the correct shoes for this season. I am no expert with the Shoe Creator, however I did my best to replicate some of the shoes that are not in the game already. You can find the shoe creator formulas and how to edit shoes that are in the game in the guide. Some are repeated as players from different wore the same style. So depending on what order you make them in you will not have to make a new pair each time. I did my best to match shoes in the game to their 1995-96 counter parts. Many players changed style one or more times during the season. I as many options as I could for you to choose from. I also tried to edit existing shoes so that adjust to team colors to keep the number you have to make down. There is a limit of 50 created shoes. I did my best to get each player a custom shoe, but in some cases it was not possible.

If you happen to be a master with the shoe creator feel free to post formulas to any custom shoes you make that fit this season and I will add them to the guide. Also feel free to improve on my attempts at shoes like the FILA Grant Hill II's, as I said I am not great with the shoe creator.

All 16 playoff teams have a guide in the current file. I will update this to include all teams in the near future.

Sliders: Have been using mkharsh's set, with little or change, will post full set in the future.

Think that is all for now. Please post any constructive feedback.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 95-96 Shoe Guides.zip (116.4 KB, 243 views)
File Type: doc Rotations.doc (13.9 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by qpc123; 11-14-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
Pro

CD90's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: (PS3) NBA 2k13 1995-96 Roster

It was fun working on the roster so far.
I hope you guys enjoy it.

Please let us know when you find sth. we can improve.
Thanks
Old 10-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanx again for blessing the community QPC and this time this thanx goes out to the others that have helped you with this project. This roster will rock along with the other you mentioned you would do this year. I'm a big fan of your work and love how your rosters feel. Feels like i'm watching/playing those teams on TV.

I know these rosters require so much work, so i am reluctant to ask but am compelled to do so. When and if you feel you have the time, if ever, do you think you could also do these teams..
07-08 celtics, any pistons team between 2003-2006, 2005 or 2007 spurs, 09 lakers, 93-94 knicks and rockets.

Well even if you don't do these teams, thanx for helping us all relive those spectacular basketball times in hardwood history and I appreciate all your hardwork (and those helping you). Between your roster and beds, it seems like no need to ever buy another basketball game again. Ever. Oh and sellaz32 as well. I don't think he will be doing a ps3 roster this year though. Peace for now qpc and many blessings to you and those helping you out.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordz_of_wizdom
Thanx again for blessing the community QPC and this time this thanx goes out to the others that have helped you with this project. This roster will rock along with the other you mentioned you would do this year. I'm a big fan of your work and love how your rosters feel. Feels like i'm watching/playing those teams on TV.

I know these rosters require so much work, so i am reluctant to ask but am compelled to do so. When and if you feel you have the time, if ever, do you think you could also do these teams..
07-08 celtics, any pistons team between 2003-2006, 2005 or 2007 spurs, 09 lakers, 93-94 knicks and rockets.

Well even if you don't do these teams, thanx for helping us all relive those spectacular basketball times in hardwood history and I appreciate all your hardwork (and those helping you). Between your roster and beds, it seems like no need to ever buy another basketball game again. Ever. Oh and sellaz32 as well. I don't think he will be doing a ps3 roster this year though. Peace for now qpc and many blessings to you and those helping you out.
Thanks a lot man, appreciate the kind words.

As far as making the other teams, I will look into doing them but it likely be after Christmas.

For now enjoy this roster.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123

As far as making the other teams, I will look into doing them but it likely be after Christmas.

Yes sir, i indeed wil. I just forgot 5 of the top ten greatest teams of all time though. They would be the 69-70 knicks, 85-86 celtics, 86-87 lakers, 82-83 76ers and the 88-89 pistons. If ever my friend take as long as you need. Life and this, along with every thing else is work enough. Blessings my brothers. If i could help I would, i'm just not good at anything in 2k13 other than playing. But i would help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #6
MVP

The Shoe Guide in the first post has been updated to include all 16 playoff teams. So you have an idea of what is in the guide(no pics)

Hakeem Olajuwon Spalding shoes: The Dream

Photobucket

Photobucket

Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123

can't wait good work!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Looks interesting.. I'll be sure to check them out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »