Home

LeBron in 2K14: Loyal or Not Loyal?

This is a discussion on LeBron in 2K14: Loyal or Not Loyal? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
LeBron in 2K14: Loyal or Not Loyal?

The fate of our 2K14 Associations may lie in the hands of 2KSports' decision to make LeBron "loyal" or "not loyal."

If they make him "loyal," LeBron wastes away on an aging Heat roster throughout our Association gameplay. If they make him "not loyal," LeBron opts for free agency and signs a contract with (most likely) the Cavs to form a core group of LeBron, Kyrie, Bynum, and Anthony Bennett (because he'll undoubtedly progress).

Would you rather see 2KSports make LeBron loyal, or not loyal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: LeBron in 2K14: Loyal or Not Loyal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
The fate of our 2K14 Associations may lie in the hands of 2KSports' decision to make LeBron "loyal" or "not loyal."

If they make him "loyal," LeBron wastes away on an aging Heat roster throughout our Association gameplay. If they make him "not loyal," LeBron opts for free agency and signs a contract with (most likely) the Cavs to form a core group of LeBron, Kyrie, Bynum, and Anthony Bennett (because he'll undoubtedly progress).

They better not have the same rigid progression system. Associations should be dynamic.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
They better not have the same rigid progression system. Associations should be dynamic.
Ideally, yes. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that by year four of your Association you'll see Anthony Bennett at 89 OVR. #1 pick + 20 years old = "A" potential and automatic superstar in NBA2K games.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

Quote:

I think he will be labeled as loyal.

But I control all the teams and let everyone become free agents that I believe will test the market. So it doesn't matter.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Ideally, yes. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that by year four of your Association you'll see Anthony Bennett at 89 OVR. #1 pick + 20 years old = "A" potential and automatic superstar in NBA2K games.
I think for basketball a players true potential is defined after 3 or more seasons in the league.

Potential should be hidden for a player until year 3 of that draftee.

Hears how I see it.

We scout players for individual attributes throughout the season. If your a lottery pick you are looking too unlock the overall's of at least 3 go to guys these could vary even for top 5 picks. Making drafting instantly dynamic.
1.) 70ovr
2.) 72ovr
3.)77ovr
4.)81ovr
5.)82ovr

Could you imagine after the draft a team does not draft the best overall player until the 12th pick or so never in 2k does this happen. If your a non lottery pick you can still work for actual overalls but its best to try and go for unlocking attributes of what individual players are best at.

From draft day on forward the potential of a player from F to A that will appear in year 3 IS ALL BASED ON MINUTES AND STATS.

This is how I feel a basketball game can best mimic the dynamic explosions and flops of drafted players IRL.

Steph Curry, John Wall, Kyrie Irving and D. Rose have all improved that stats year in and year out which reflects in their abilities on the court. We pretty much new after a couple of seasons what each player was capable of improving on moving forward based on individual stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 33

Up to this moment, to say that Lebron wont resign with MIA a year from now is just pure speculation ... as much as I would like him to come back to CLE, to say he will after bolting MIA, is also a big reach.

The best route they can go with, is to make it editable, as just about everything that it isnt, like team chemestry, players goals, ages, players peak/decline, coaches ratings (offense, defense, teaching), team stances (sell, buy, stand pat), staff ratings and budget, etc ...

The key for association to be successfull, apart from adding more worhty features, improving its logic and correcting bugs, is to give us the tools to edit it so it fits each of our own unique perception of how the NBA is/should be.

P.S:
While I see the benefits of a truely dynamic association, I would like it to be an option. I love options and the freedom that comes with them. Thats why I also love detailed customization and editability.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 07-11-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Probably loyal but it'd be awesome seeing Lebron in another jersey.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 07-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

If 2K14 association is anything like 2K13's, you may end up seeing LeBron on the Celtics.

or the Suns.

or the Wizards.

Or the Bobcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »