Home

2015 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2015, 11:59 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
2015 Offseason Thread

Figured we might as well get this going so people not in playoffs can have something to talk about.

Which team(s) do you see firing their coach? Who are best available options?

Who do you want your team to go after by trade,free agency,draft?

Who do you want your team to get rid of?

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2015/

Last edited by 23; 07-01-2015 at 03:03 PM. Reason: added free agent list
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2015, 12:39 AM   #2
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2015 Offseason Thread

Draft: Mario Hezonja, Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker in that order. Maybe Oubre, not sold on him yet despite him being a high top fade brotha. In the second round I'd be down to get Aaron Harrison.

Free Agency: Must resign Dragic. Not a whole lot of UFAs out there that I think would be realistic. Just need some depth, I'd welcome someone like Bargnani or Belinelli. Pick up Beas' option. Not sure what Deng does, if he opts out I don't want to pay a lot for him.
Lebron James

Last edited by MattUM; 04-26-2015 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:09 PM   #3
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Still in the playoffs (Rockets) but I'm fully expecting Morey to make a run at Love and LMA to finally net us a third star. We have the Pelicans pick and a lot of young assets and good contracts that could be packaged in a sign and trade. One silver lining about excessive injuries is it gives lesser known players a chance to showcase their talent. A stretch four like one of these guys would be huge allowing Dwight space to post up and Harden room to drive.

I know Morey said he wants to do everything he can to resign our key guys, but if you have a shot at a LMA you have to take it. Hoping we can resign Josh at discount since he seems really happy in Houston.

All of this said if they don't resign with their current teams I see Love going to the Lakers and Aldrige to the Mavs. Sadly my two least favorite teams in all of everything. The irony.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:47 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

2015 Offseason Thread

Re-sign Crowder

Try to sign a legit rim protector and someone who can finish games. Celtics lost far too many close games in the 4th. A guy who can close games is a must.

With all the money to spend and picks available to trade the offseason will be interesting. Only thing is Boston has a poor history signing free agents.. Have to keep expectations realistic as a fan.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:22 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Re-sign Crowder

Try to sign a legit rim protector and someone who can finish games. Celtics lost far too many close games in the 4th. A guy who can close games is a must.

With all the money to spend and picks available to trade the offseason will be interesting. Only thing is Boston has a poor history signing free agents.. Have to keep expectations realistic as a fan.
Crowder seems to be pretty good.

Would love to see them trade up and get Cauley-Stein. And if they can't get him lure in either Aldridge or Gasol. Maybe bring back Perkins even with what he did earlier today. And bring in another star via trade along with Gasol or Aldridge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2015, 08:28 PM   #6
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Crowder seems to be pretty good.

Would love to see them trade up and get Cauley-Stein. And if they can't get him lure in either Aldridge or Gasol. Maybe bring back Perkins even with what he did earlier today. And bring in another star via trade along with Gasol or Aldridge.
The Celtics aren't going to lure one of those top level guys let's be realistic. Just hope that A inge drafts smart, or packages a bunch or picks/guys to trade for someone really good. You've already got a stellar coach just need all the parts, resign Crowder, keep developing Smart and get more talented whether through draft or trade.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:26 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
The Celtics aren't going to lure one of those top level guys let's be realistic. Just hope that A inge drafts smart, or packages a bunch or picks/guys to trade for someone really good. You've already got a stellar coach just need all the parts, resign Crowder, keep developing Smart and get more talented whether through draft or trade.

Yeah, Celts won't be landing any top level free agents. Best bet would be through a sign and trade.

You guys think today effects Kevin Love ever signing here?
Old 04-26-2015, 10:58 PM   #8

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Now that it's officially over, wonder what Raptors have in store for offseason.

Next 2 years will be interesting offseasons for this team. This year cause Hayes/Fields contracts expire(over 12M of useless salary off the books)! Next year cause of having 2 first round picks(1 of which could be lottery!).

As much as it's great to have Amir Johnson on this team and he loves being here,I wouldn't mind not re-signing him if it meant adding Tristan Thompson to Raptors.

What I'd do for Raptors:
Quote:
Stiemsma,Hayes,Fields,Amir out

Sign Thompson(starting PF), Perkins(solid veteran defensive C behind JV), Prince(experienced veteran off the bench who has won title before)

Re-sign Lou,Hansbrough

Trade Ross + 1st round pick(either in 2015,or less favorable of 2016 picks) for a starting SF like Wilson Chandler
So 3 DNPs off the books, lose starting PF & SF but get better starting PF & SF and 2 bench players who can contribute in big way on and off the court.

Last edited by Majingir; 04-26-2015 at 11:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »