Home

Bad Psychology in the Community Market

This is a discussion on Bad Psychology in the Community Market within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2016, 02:54 PM   #1
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
Bad Psychology in the Community Market

I cannot, for the life of me, understand the thought process of some of these people in the community market. What is the possible reasoning for listing cards anything more than 1 stub less in the Seller market? And in most cases, what is the possible reasoning behind listing a Buy order more than 1 stub more than the top Bid?

It makes no logical sense, especially on the Sell side. It's not like your card will sell faster by listing it 100's less. The first person to come by to buy that card is going to pay whatever the market price is...so by listing cards so far below the last listing, you're compressing the market and making all the sellers take less...including yourself. I just don't get it.

Last edited by bfindeisen; 04-13-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2016, 03:31 PM   #2
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

OVR: 0
re: Bad Psychology in the Community Market

They want to get as many stubs as possible and they don't care if they're being a **** about it because it's anonymous.

I'd like to see SDS let us pick which price to buy/sell at within the top 10 shown because I'd always buy the one that is selling for 1 more stub.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 04-13-2016, 03:31 PM   #3
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

This!

You'll Never Walk Alone!
Old 04-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

OVR: 6

Every time I get outbid, I'm just over here wondering which one of you OS guys undercut me lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2016, 03:36 PM   #5
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
They want to get as many stubs as possible and they don't care if they're being a **** about it because it's anonymous.

I'd like to see SDS let us pick which price to buy/sell at within the top 10 shown because I'd always buy the one that is selling for 1 more stub.
Well that doesn't make any sense either. Everyone wants more stubbs. By under-listing and over-listing you're guaranteeing less stubbs...for everyone including yourself. The only possible reasoning I can see is that they think it will sell faster or something, even though that doesn't matter. If someone is buying that card, they're gonna pay whatever the market price is, regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2016, 03:57 PM   #6
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Sometimes are mistakes made. It happens to me sometimes on the console. I go through the menus too quickly and before I know it I bought the highest bid. Also, most everyone is looking to get their stubs quickly and don't have patience. I'm the same way and I'm sure most others are the same.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:09 PM   #7
MVP

I saw a card today, cant remember which one but it was a high gold over 10,000 stubs and the spread was 180 stubs. If you want that player just spend the extra 180 stubs and buy it now. Dont put in an order. These margins are so tight when im trying to flip

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 04-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #8
Rookie

GodOfNugget's Arena

I do this. Say someone is elling a Chris Davis at 9999 stubs, instead of putting 9998 stubs I'll put 9995 or 9990. I probably do this as an OCD thing because I like nice square numbers LOL

Also, sometimes I'd undercut someone by say 100 stubs in the above scenario. Usually when I do that it's because I see the card is being repeatedly undercut often by many sellers. I do this because hopefully those who are typing in and submitting their next undercut bid at the same time as me will still end up with higher bids than mine that is 100 under rather than theirs that is 50 or 1 stub under. Really the key to flipping cards in the community market is making sure your card/bid spends as much time possible in the lowest/highest buy/sell now order position, by whatever means possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »