Home

Good pass plays near goaline?

This is a discussion on Good pass plays near goaline? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2017, 05:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Good pass plays near goaline?

What are some pass that work well within the red zone? I'm mostly successful with passing plays in the 15-20 yrd range and then running after the catch but, when you get near the endzone, the passing lanes become more congested with linebackers, CBs etc and that makes finding someone open more difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Re: Good pass plays near goaline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcsports4
What are some pass that work well within the red zone? I'm mostly successful with passing plays in the 15-20 yrd range and then running after the catch but, when you get near the endzone, the passing lanes become more congested with linebackers, CBs etc and that makes finding someone open more difficult.
Use shotgun, as under centre doesn't give you enough time. Only do playaction if you have really high play action. If they are lined up in goal line D, stick concept to the TE or WR on a slant if they have good release works well.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Slants/Drags have been best I think. Fade if you have a superior WR like Julio and a good QB.

Last edited by GoBigRed29; 04-11-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #4
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

100% agree with the previous posters, especially slant (seems OP) and drags. You can also user a quick out route (use the "sticks" route adjustment so you cut just behind the goal line).

I also have had good success from 2-5 yards out with a play in one of the Shotgun Bunch formations called Divide. I use the sticks adjustment on the TE's corner route, and he is my first read if I don't see any defenders that are in the throwing lane that he is about to cut into. Second read is to a tall WR running a dig in the back of the end zone. Use the high throw adjustment for both of those. I never get to my third read but I think there is also a drag that would be the third.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Flats can be good too depending on how close you are to the goal line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

Goal line is currently a major problem area for the game. Hope they can get some logic cleaned up. If I get inside the 4 yard line I will score a TD 100% of the time against the CPU. Against humans it's significantly harder and success rate is not as high.

Is anyone else scoring a TD every time inside the 5?
Old 04-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feros Ferio 7
Goal line is currently a major problem area for the game. Hope they can get some logic cleaned up. If I get inside the 4 yard line I will score a TD 100% of the time against the CPU. Against humans it's significantly harder and success rate is not as high.

Is anyone else scoring a TD every time inside the 5?
Nope, but I'm not very good either. What frustrates me is how on goal line/short yardage it is almost impossible to pound out one yard. The defence always penetrates my line for a loss, and it's always because at least one of my linemen decides not to block his man for some reason and let him in untouched.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Gun spread anything with a slot drag.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »