Home

Easier Drives - Less Bumps Help

This is a discussion on Easier Drives - Less Bumps Help within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2022, 05:56 PM   #1
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

OVR: 15
Easier Drives - Less Bumps Help

Hello,

I tried many of the settings here and googled a lot. I want to make driving and dunking a bit more easier as I don't have the time to learn all these neat tricks and tips just want to have some basketball fun while having a nice challenge in MyNBA mode.

I couldn't find the sweet spot. I still can't do dunk or nice layup I always get bumped in to defenders. I have set my Body Up sensitivty on User to 20 and CPU 27. I want to have a bit more arcade feeling.

Thanks for helping out clearing some info regarding this.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2022, 07:13 PM   #2
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Easier Drives - Less Bumps Help

I was like you. What has helped keep the sense of challenge but lessened the frustration on drives is taking the on ball D in the in the game settings during a games. It has helped me quite a bit still have very close games and losses feel like losses.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 01-07-2022, 01:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

Yeah I'm still trying out various setting, but I get bumped a lot for no reason. Thanks.

Old 01-07-2022, 01:56 PM   #4
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

OVR: 0

Decrease - Lateral Quickness, Acceleration, On-Ball Defense too
Old 01-08-2022, 04:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

I put lateral tnd accelartion to 40. On ball to 30 and I still get bumped out of layup animations but most of the time layups don't even start, but the AI on the other hand just pushes pushes than makes a layup much more like real life players, but my players don't even attempt it.

I know I need to get better as well. But this is all too complicated now days. Still I keep trying it every year.

Last edited by Rewmac; 01-08-2022 at 07:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2022, 07:43 AM   #6
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewmac
I put lateral tnd accelartion to 40. On ball to 30 and I still get bumped out of layup animations but most of the time layups don't even start, but the AI on the other hand just pushes pushes than makes a layup much more like real life players, but my players don't even attempt it.

I know I need to get better as well. But this is all too complicated now days. Still I keep trying it every year.

Sounds like Body Up Sensitivity is your culprit. Drop that by 10 and try it out. Then drop it by another 10 if it’s still not where you want it. Get to the point where it’s too easy for your liking, then increase to find the sweet spot.
Old 01-09-2022, 06:07 PM   #7
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewmac

You’re referring to layup defensive strength too then. Make sure there’s a discrepancy between some of your sliders and the CPU’s, as well.

Mine:

Gameplay - Superstar

Layups - 51 (User) 53 (CPU)

Contact Layups - 57 (User) (CPU)

Shot Coverage - 28 (User) (CPU)

Body Sensitivity - 50 (User) 65 (CPU)

Acceleration - 35 (User) (CPU)

Lateral Quickness - 34 (User) (CPU)

On Ball Defense - 10 (User) (CPU)

Layup Defensive Strength (Takeoff) - 70 (User) 72 (CPU)

Layup Defensive Strength (Release) - 30 (User) (CPU)

Those are the attributes I use to tune driving in the paint. Keep in mind, these are with other slider adjustments.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:50 AM   #8
Pro

vetmin's Arena

The Dunk In Traffic Frequency/Success and Attempt Dunks sliders are unsurprisingly super impactful for getting more dunks. In general, making paint scoring easier is one thing that can be accomplished through pretty straightforward means (e.g., lowering the defensive contact sliders for layups, etc.). If I were you I'd focus on the sliders that are specific to inside scoring / driving, rather than making big adjustments to something like Body-Up Sensitivity, since a general slider like Body-Up will have a broader impact (for instance, lowering it will result in less contact on jumpshots, too, so if you're satisfied with your jumpshooting then you could mess that up by messing with Body-Up).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »