Home

NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2023, 03:10 AM   #1
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

What's New in v0.0.3
- Full AI tendency overhaul. Simple yet effective tweaks to bring shot attempt distribution more in line with the modern game, with an emphasis on causing more drive-and-kick scenarios.

What I'm Working on Next
- Tweaking the Defense Strength sliders to fine-tune defensive presence, rotations, and animations.
- More Tendency setting tests to verify realistic stats/game flow as well as CPU difficulty.
- Movement slider updates to clean up animations and defensive rotations while insuring explosive players stand out without being OP.
- Shot success tweaks to balance FG% with the updated Defense Strength settings.

2K Default Roster Slider Set v0.0.3 *ALPHA* - 10/17 Update

Spoiler

PLEASE post any and all CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, positive or negative, so that I know what people like about my slider set and what I need to improve on. Also, please post any and all personal findings and/or tweaks you've tried out. Try to point out what you are seeing too much of (ex. The AI attacks the basket too often), what you're not seeing enough of (ex. The AI does not go to the post often enough), etc. And also, it's just fun to see the results everyone is getting and to have a discussion on what can be improved/what should be left alone.

Check out this post by mvpstax to get a refresher on what exactly "realistic stats" should look like in the modern NBA: 2K21 Realistic Stats to Strive For

Have a question about sliders or want to know how to fix an issue you have with the gameplay? Ask it here and I'll do what I can to help you out! I try to make my posts as informational as possible so that everyone has the knowledge needed to tweak the game to their own preference and skill level. Teach a man to fish, and all that

And as always, PLEASE feel free to give my thread 5 stars and LIKE this post if you enjoy my work. It shows others that these are quality sliders, and it makes me feel a little warm inside, too.

Enjoy!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 10-17-2023 at 10:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 12:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Love to see that your are working on this!! Do you will test some real % shot slider??
Old 09-15-2023, 03:32 PM   #3
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aicarg
Love to see that your are working on this!! Do you will test some real % shot slider??

It’s always possible. But I get so bored on Real % for some reason. The plan is to get the Shot Success sliders to a point on Shot Timing mode that you still make a decent amount of good shots when you time “slightly early/late” so that there’s a bit of a Real % feel while still having the ability to green shots and feel in control of some big moments.
Old 09-15-2023, 04:12 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I've generally used your set as a base in the past and its nice to see that your initial release mirrors what I've done on my own in some areas (also on superstar).

I nerfed ball security but instead of dropping pass speed I dropped pass accuracy and also raised defensive awareness to 60. Seems like the lower pass accuracy is enough to make the perimeter player need to adjust to catch the pass sometimes and that slightly longer catch animation gives the rotation just enough more time to get there. And what I really love about it is that its not universal, the elite passers aren't as affected by this like they would be with pass speed.

I've also done the coach help D slider change but I kept my range of 55-65 (poor defensive teams on the low end, good ones at 65). I may expand out my range to 55-75 and pilot a few AI teams at 75 to see how they play out.

One thing I'll emphasize for all the myEra players out there, a deeper change to AI tendencies is a must! Lower 3pt attempts, increase midrange and especially look for post players for all earlier eras.

The link to realistic stats to strive for is great help, but it only applied to the modern NBA. I use https://www.basketball-reference.com/ for my reference point in stats. Its a godsend for the simulation stats for us era guys. Sidenote for Kobe era players, when I put the sim 3pt shot attempt slider at 99 it still didn't create enough realistic sim attempts, I had to pair it with a global roster edit of adding +10 to everyone's individual tendency, but that created more 3pt attempts in game so I had to further decrease the gameplay slider for 3s.

As of now default superstar gives a pretty good game of basketball outside of turnovers (AI ball security at 100 will do that lol) and help defense. The only other change I've made is a 5 point decrease to shot coverage impact slider to make just slightly more contested shots go in, it is the Kobe era after all.

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 09-15-2023 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2023, 04:23 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aicarg
I play with Real % and early indications are default superstar is giving some great results once you deal with lack of turnovers, fouls, and help defense.

I try to play myNBA games in batches before significant slider changes, and I'm coming up on my first 10 game "review session" but I don't anticipate major changes.

One game you may shoot 48% and think thats great, but if you average 48% over the course of a season congrats you just lead the league in team FG% and if you look at your roster should you really be doing that? Thats why I look at 10 game averages.

Last year Eccentric's sliders were great for me in all the non-shooting % areas. I "stole" his sliders in those areas and made my own shooting slider changes independently.

Slider changes are easier for us real % players. How often I see comments like "love how the AI plays on X difficulty, but the shot timing is just too hard to get right" and I smile because thats a concern I opt out of real quick lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 05:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am a big fan of real player % for sim gameplay but some players don’t get the new pro play animations when you use them with it, have you had that issue too ? Ex. Curry’s new step backs only work with user timing, same with some Paul George animations
Old 09-15-2023, 06:11 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Eccentric what are your thoughts on the help D strength slider? I'm having a back and forth in the impressions thread over what exactly it does and whether it controls
a. How often/quickly rotations happen
b. How much of an impact help defenders have on shot success

I though "a" was controlled by defensive awareness coupled with the coach help D slider. The coach setting slider tells them when to help, the defensive awareness slider determines how quickly they recognize they should be rotating/helping.
Old 09-16-2023, 12:48 AM   #8
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Eccentric what are your thoughts on the help D strength slider? I'm having a back and forth in the impressions thread over what exactly it does and whether it controls
a. How often/quickly rotations happen
b. How much of an impact help defenders have on shot success

I though "a" was controlled by defensive awareness coupled with the coach help D slider. The coach setting slider tells them when to help, the defensive awareness slider determines how quickly they recognize they should be rotating/helping.
It basically controls "how effective is help defense" in totality:

- How quickly the help defender commits to helping.
- How aggressively he closes distance to protect the basket.
- How likely they are to aggressively contest a shot/layup.
- How effective that contest is in lowering shot percentage.
- Likeliness of a successful contest/block instead of a weak contest and/or a foul.

The downside of increasing Help Defense Strength is really only that last part: Higher values = fewer shooting fouls. Gotta find a happy medium, or tweak other sliders to compensate (decreasing the Block slider, increasing Shooting Foul Frequency, etc).

So the Help D coaching slider is basically "How likely will help defense trigger", and the Help D Strength gameplay slider is basically "How good is help defense when it does trigger".

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 09-16-2023 at 12:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »