Home

Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugreene2
That's good insight ... I'm LOVING this game. Just freakin great
Well if it works then maybe I can be a coach in Top Spin 5.

I know I had that success with Borg against the AI Roddick in exhibition so hopefully it works out online. I haven't touched online yet so I don't know how impossible Roddick's serve is to return online.

I do think they went a little overboard with Roddick's serve and power. To just to try and crank aces all match would bore me online. Hopefully any guys I play with on OS will pick someone more interesting to play with.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #114
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Well if it works then maybe I can be a coach in Top Spin 5.

I know I had that success with Borg against the AI Roddick in exhibition so hopefully it works out online. I haven't touched online yet so I don't know how impossible Roddick's serve is to return online.

I do think they went a little overboard with Roddick's serve and power. To just to try and crank aces all match would bore me online. Hopefully any guys I play with on OS will pick someone more interesting to play with.

well your OS username is already a good start.

theres always good generated names in sports games.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #115
MVP

OVR: 16

I just started career mode. I was happy to see it had both my racket (Aero Strike) and shoes (Roddick shoes)!! I played a few tournaments and found it cool that under my player, it tells you what % your are hitting slice, flat, and top spin. Also, what % backhand vs. forehand and how you win points: off winners or unforced error % as well as how you lose points %.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 46

Is it me or do the stat overlays appear and disappear WAAYYYY too quickly?
Old 03-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #117
Rookie

mike1409's Arena

OVR: 4
Thumbs up Re: Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread

Quote:
I love the way AI will beat you if you get too cocky in your strategy and they don't beat you in a cheap way. They beat you because you're being an idiot and over confident. This game gets more fun the deeper you get into career mode. I can't remember the last time a career mode was this compelling.
Agreed. In my career I beat Hulse in the first round 6-2 6-0 in the first tourney. The next tourney i played him again and took the first 2 games and thought it would be a cake walk. I stater playing a lot looser trying different things and he won 3 of the next 4 games before I just went back and started playing a simpler game.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #118
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

After enough hours of Top Spin 4, I agree with the New York Times. Career mode is not that exciting for me, would of liked to of seen all the Pros in this mode. I will agree the gameplay is way better then TP3, but I bought the game for online play and am disappointed here also. It seems like how much you play determines your rank(World Tour) instead of skill, add in the fact not being able to connect with opponets and taking the loss(maybe they will fix this) is terrible.

I made level 20 and superstar rank on hard in 4 days, so I have played it enough to know I will be taking it back today and get a good credit at least.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #119
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
After enough hours of Top Spin 4, I agree with the New York Times. Career mode is not that exciting for me, would of liked to of seen all the Pros in this mode. I will agree the gameplay is way better then TP3, but I bought the game for online play and am disappointed here also. It seems like how much you play determines your rank(World Tour) instead of skill, add in the fact not being able to connect with opponets and taking the loss(maybe they will fix this) is terrible.

I made level 20 and superstar rank on hard in 4 days, so I have played it enough to know I will be taking it back today and get a good credit at least.
Why isn't it exciting for you?

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 03-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
I love the way AI will beat you if you get too cocky in your strategy and they don't beat you in a cheap way. They beat you because you're being an idiot and over confident.
so true. LOL. I had a very similar experience.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »