Home

Top Spin 4 Balancing Update #4 (9/19/2011)

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Balancing Update #4 (9/19/2011) within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #17
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Top Spin 4 Balancing Update #4 (9/19/2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Top Spin 4 on sale at gamefly $9.49

Most likely used but I recently bought MvC3 from there and it was basically new...Case and booklet..

Edit- Just score it for $5 with my reward coupon

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk
Do you have to be a member to buy from the store?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #18
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Do you have to be a member to buy from the store?
No, but I am not 100% sure

Old 10-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #19
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Ya, I'm thinking maybe members get special prices. All I see is the PS3 version for $29 and the Wii for $7.99. What system was the price for?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #20
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Ya, I'm thinking maybe members get special prices. All I see is the PS3 version for $29 and the Wii for $7.99. What system was the price for?
360/ps3

Old 10-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #21
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm playing now, first time I'm playing offline in a while, and on very hard against Luis Julio, the Lv. 19 defensive baseliner w/ 90+ speed and stamina. QF of the Sony Ericsson Open. Maybe one of the most fun sets I've ever played in this game.

Served for the set at 5-4 but got broken after having 5 set points. (my choke gene coming out lol) But broke back, served for it at 6-5 but got broke again. In TB went up 4-2, but he came back and was up 5-4 in the TB. I won the 2 points on my serve to get set point, then hit one of the hardest BHs ever after a nice rally to take the set 7-6 (5). I think I just fell in love w/ this game again, lol.

The CPU definitely challenges me. He's mixing it up and hitting droppers and off pace shots, and then can blast it out of nowhere.

This is definitely the best tennis sim I've ever played. If you don't have it, definitely buy it now that the price is dropping in most places. But...if you're patient, prices probably will drop even more around Black Friday. Just food for thought...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #22
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

I popped this in the tray the other day for the 1st time in awhile and the new balancing update has improved gameplay significantly. I really thought they ruined offline and online exhibition matches with the previous update, but they hit a sweet spot with me with this latest patch,

Everything just feels right, except the maybe aces are still a little too difficult. But the base gameplay is now rock solid, you get rewarded and punished at the right times and each attribute seem to matter more.

The A.I. on Very Hard is tuned really well, and gives me a challenge now when I pick a matchup that should be difficult in exhibition mode. When the game 1st released I thought it was waaay too easy and could destroy CPU and all challengers online with relative easy. After the previous patch #2 or #3, the A.I. became borderline unplayable with all the artificial assists they got and the inability to place shots. All that has been set right, it seems really fair now all across the board.

It now plays like the best tennis game I've ever played, but still has room for improvement. I don't really like their implementation of "charging" up for power shots and still prefer the accuracy control mechanic from Top Spin 2 where you had more control over placing shots and more risk/reward than the seemingly assisted nature of Top Spin's placement, but it still plays a hell of a game of tennis.

TS4 is on-sale at a lot of places right for $20 or less, is a really fun game to pickup and play here and there, and is absolutely essential to anyone interested in tennis. Check it out people, don't sleep!

Old 10-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 22

Can you provide a link to one of the stores that has it on sale?
Old 10-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #24
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

GameFly had it for less than $20 but it looks like they sold out

its $30 at Best Buy and Toys R Us, but like someone said, you wait until Black Friday / Cyber Monday I'd bet it will be dirt cheap

here are the links for BB and TRU

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index*...S/2254197&sr=1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...egories&ks=960

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »