Home

Career Mode (what is your story)

This is a discussion on Career Mode (what is your story) within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2020, 11:58 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Career Mode (what is your story)

Update - After last patch it is easier on Amateur level so I have won 2 small tournaments. May bump up difficulty but need $$ to improve player. What to set it up so I am at correct level when entering season 2 for Australian Open.

Is it just small tourneys or all that you play the first match in the daylight and ALL others at night, do not like this at all, needs to be more random...
Old 03-22-2020, 09:25 AM   #10
Pro

Yeah, the cutscenes add very little and become repetitive quickly, but at least that's something the game offers that TopSpin4 didn't.

But I'm having fun so far. It was hard to win anything on the "amateur" difficulty at first, and the lowest difficulty feels like Virtua Tennis as it's impossible to miss unless you don't press the buttons. The first hours I sucked and had a stream of unforced errors (which is probably why people complained about that). It takes a lot to frustrate me in games, but this game succeeded. It's quite a switch from TopSpin4's gameplay.

The thing is, when you win absolutely nothing, you don't get any money to upgrade your skills. I made the "mistake" to have less training exercises at the beginning. Now that I got my stats up to the level of the crappy players, I mostly win the low level events.

Last edited by Blackman316; 03-22-2020 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:22 PM   #11
Rookie

-Cutscenes are repetitive.
-1000 and Grand Slams should not have championship games at night!
-Would like to see stats - Last finish if played tourney before, stats vs if playing players again.
-Crowds for smallest tourney have same crowd atmosphere as championship point @ The US Open ect…?
-Need more variety with stadium creator. levels, different stands (want to create French Open, US open, Indian Wells that do not look exactly alike other than colors and logos)
-Want to import new logos but seems really hard to do....
-Game play better since update but still wonky especially on serve receive.
-Need to be able to use sponsors logos on outfits. Why have Duncan Donuts when I am sponsored by a company that is not an option (or at least I have not seen it)
-Need online tournaments (would be great fun) with User Created Stadiums in their City.

+ Like that Tournaments have mix of old and current players - some even have correct outfits and racquets.
+ Some nice stadiums created - wish you could choose though - which court and stadium to play in.

+ Loved TS4 but as I play this more it gets better and leaves TS in the past (gameplay still off a bit but then again you rarely hit the ball out in TS and the sounds of hitting the ball were hollow)

I pick on the game but overall it is what I play the most right now and as long as there is a challenge I will continue. I love Sims and realism - this is the closest tennis game to that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2020, 11:16 PM   #12
Rookie

Re: AO Tennis 2 Career Mode (what is your story)

Can you equip real equipment in the AO2 career mode? TWT disappointed with their career mode equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-06-2020, 01:53 PM   #13
Rookie

Re: AO Tennis 2 Career Mode (what is your story)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicL24017
Can you equip real equipment in the AO2 career mode? TWT disappointed with their career mode equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Looks like some Tennis Racquets and mfg. are real albeit dated and as you know same models have different color schemes ect year by year.

I have taken a break from this game. I Won the French Open and cheated myself by lowering difficulty against Nadal in the finals. Was up one set when second set (this is where I believe it is in the programming that the second set start is the toughest part of a match against the CPU) Anyways I was soooo close to the title I lowered difficulty until I was a game away from the win and then bumped it back up to the difficulty I was used to. What this did though was cause me to lose interest once I purchased upgrades and coaches altogether.. .I may revisit it soon but have moved on to Battlefield 5 and The Golf Club 2019 for now.....

What will bring me back?
- creator improvements, additions of different seating, sponsors (easy ability to add own sponsors)

- Remove glitchy gameplay - needs to still be smoother

- still find that it is often as hard against a random as it is against a downloaded great player?

- Online Tournaments with qualifying rounds for multiplayer. Doubt this will happen since after reading all the hype about career mode and realizing it is nothing other than same cutscenes over and over again that would be too much for a small company to produce... Need to sell out to 2k or god forbidden EA who might just ruin gameplay???!

Last edited by DustyNacho; 04-06-2020 at 01:59 PM. Reason: more to share
Old 04-16-2020, 08:32 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyNacho
+ Loved TS4 but as I play this more it gets better and leaves TS in the past (gameplay still off a bit but then again you rarely hit the ball out in TS and the sounds of hitting the ball were hollow)

For me too. It's definitely not strictly better than TS4, but once you get the feel it's quite good.

As for the AI changing: I get the feeling they give you an opening more in the later sets. But I've had the opposite happen. They should make an attribute for it, some sort of morale stat.

Could it be that the court feel is incredibly different? I was being decent on hardcourt but on clay I just lost against a crappy player with worse stats. In TS4 I never really noticed any court differerence.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:56 AM   #15
Banned

i have just got this via origin and the cpu gameplay is insane. I have started a career and now down to second to bottom level of difficulty. The cpu court coverage is just farcial. it gets just about everything back so matter what. I have gone down from pro to idiot level and I cant see a difference in cpu gameplay
This could be a very good game. Unfortunately its totally soul destroying and pointless playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2020, 10:27 PM   #16
Just started!

Well my story might be coming to a quick end after my first year. All my support team and travel expenses reset back to 0 in my management section after my year end. Is this normal? I’m so upset, spent millions...😔
This game n PS4. Someone please help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »