Home

AEW Dynasty (April 21st, 2024)

This is a discussion on AEW Dynasty (April 21st, 2024) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2024, 10:45 PM   #17
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: AEW Dynasty (April 21st, 2024)

I don’t see how Hook losing to Jericho accomplishes anything at all.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:02 PM   #18
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Please tell me that Danielson's injury is a storyline, hopefully he didn't hurt his neck again.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:29 PM   #19
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Swerve better win here to send the crowd home happy.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:47 PM   #20
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
That seems to be true of many of the older talent. WWE just views them as part timers/nostalgia acts but they still have more left in the tank.

Wonder why they weren't able to find more for Edge to do?
Worth noting that by the time WWE sees these guys as part time/nostalgia acts, they'd already leaned heavily into them for a decade.

It's not that they couldn't find more for guys to do, it's what can they do with them that'd be fresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUBlink
I feel like Christian had something to do with Copeland/Edge being hard-on to get to AEW and perhaps WWE saw that was happening and didn't want to waste their time trying to talk him out of it.

I'm curious, though, if he has or will have regrets in the long run. Sure, he gets creative freedom, but at what cost? A locker room that has the maturity and direction of a blind child because its owner can't or won't find the testicular fortitude to steer the ship with any resemblance of needed power and control.
I'd bet on no regrets. If this was his initial comeback run and he wanted to prove something then sure, but he had that big return in WWE. Now he's just having fun with Christian to close things out his way.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:51 PM   #21

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

The level of smarm on Jack Perry's face during that reveal... I'm kind of here for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2024, 12:05 AM   #22
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

It is heartbreaking how AEW can knock it out of the park with their PPV events yet have weekly shows that leave me questioning what is actually happening backstage in the minds of creative. I’ll give it to TK, he knows how to put on a hell of an event when it’s something outside of the routine, weekly grind.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:23 AM   #23

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUBlink
It is heartbreaking how AEW can knock it out of the park with their PPV events yet have weekly shows that leave me questioning what is actually happening backstage in the minds of creative. I’ll give it to TK, he knows how to put on a hell of an event when it’s something outside of the routine, weekly grind.
They grew too quickly, going from 2 hours a week to 5. If they just had Dynamite every week things would be so much simpler. But, just like USA wanted 3 hours of Raw, WBD wanted more content for more money. And that money trumps everything.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:25 AM   #24
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
They grew too quickly, going from 2 hours a week to 5. If they just had Dynamite every week things would be so much simpler. But, just like USA wanted 3 hours of Raw, WBD wanted more content for more money. And that money trumps everything.

You’re right. The best move would be to scratch Rampage and continue doing Dark shows on YouTube. That’s just for starters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »