Home

Official: How's your WWE 12 Universe going?

This is a discussion on Official: How's your WWE 12 Universe going? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #697
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Official: How's your WWE 12 Universe going?

Loose, how goes it man...

BTW. RR2012 was good..RAW tonight is great..the match with Punk and D-bry was off the hook....Y2J just made a huge impact on RAW...Punk and Jerchio, good stuff...excited!

CENA and Kane feud are heating up big time...I know what I'm doing at Extreme Rules..The CAW on CC Kane Revision is SIC..the mask is almost dead on now!..not sure if I want to use the new DLC..well see!

anyways..egar to hear your WM card. I should be able to get on 2nite...2 week to Extreme Rules.

I think the new patch is out?..Can we now just have a TNA IMPACT show..to get more of the CAWS involved? let me know?..OH and The Animal makes his return to WWE tomorrow...Universe will get turned upside down for shooooo!!!

peace-

Last edited by Grumpykore; 01-30-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #698
Rookie

LOOSECANNON's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpykore
Loose, how goes it man...

BTW. RR2012 was good..RAW tonight is great..the match with Punk and D-bry was off the hook....Y2J just made a huge impact on RAW...Punk and Jerchio, good stuff...excited!

CENA and Kane feud are heating up big time...I know what I'm doing at Extreme Rules..The CAW on CC Kane Revision is SIC..the mask is almost dead on now!..not sure if I want to use the new DLC..well see!

anyways..egar to hear your WM card. I should be able to get on 2nite...2 week to Extreme Rules.

I think the new patch is out?..Can we now just have a TNA IMPACT show..to get more of the CAWS involved? let me know?..OH and The Animal makes his return to WWE tomorrow...Universe will get turned upside down for shooooo!!!

peace-
RAW was a classic tonight. RR was entertaining, despite not being great--but the fed def made up for it with Jericho, Taker, RKO, HHH, etc.!!! I'm psyched for E.C. as well. Great main event announced.

As for the game, I just spent a majority of the night after RAW scouring through diff WWE 12 forums and I've come to the realization -- without playing it yet -- that the patch did more harm than good. I suppose people have been going ballistic over this CAW "crotch blur glitch" thing that now CAW-makers are unable to properly make tights, etc. b/c now the midsection area of wrestlers is blurred...etc.

I sort of like my TNA as of now, so while trimming the roster is def. cool, I'm guessing the Thursday brand can't be changed to say an "All ECW"...so I dont know how excited I am for it. I'm still waiting for the DLC tomorrow before I think of turning it back on. We'll see.

Good to hear from you always, I'll be excited as hell to use Batista once again as well.

My RAW before Mania and AAO went pretty well, so well that I don't know if I want any patches to "fix" anything. So far I haven't really had too many problems with the game, and the things I don't like are probably not fixed with the patch, anyway.

Maybe I'll get to do my Mania tomorrow night

I do have a GREAT card lined up...I just can't spill the beans at this moment..

Last edited by LOOSECANNON; 01-31-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:28 AM   #699
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

Simmed up to the Royal Rumble to try to catch up with real life, and decided, "you know what? **** it! this is my Universe. No need to try to match it up with real life."

So, I decided to go to a WWE show on Monday, WCW show on Friday.

The only match I had left at the Royal Rumble PPV was the Rumble itself, so I chose 15 WWE guys & 15 WCW guys to compete in the match, and the winner? Booker T (WCW). Looks like he'll be getting a shot at Ric Flair's World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania.

I set the Champions as follows

WWE
WWE Title - Stone Cold
Intercontinental Title - The Rock
WWE Tag Titles - Demolition
Diva's Title - Beth Phoenix

WCW
World Heavyweight Title - Ric Flair
United States Title - Ricky Steamboat
World Tag Titles - Road Warriors
Women's Title - Natalya

The first RAW (WWE) with the new brands was a great card.

Match 1 - Triple H vs Kofi Kingston. This match was, presumably, to help sort out the order of the rankings for The Rock's Intercontinental Title. The match was back & forth, with Kofi looking like he was going to win, but Triple H countered Trouble In Paradise with a Pedrigree, and picked up the win.
Rating - ***

Match 2 - Zig-Swag vs Edge & Christian. This is a match I would LOVE to have seen happen in real life. Again, back & forth action. Edge & Ziggler started the match, but there were several tags throughout. E & C seemed to have the advantage, until Ziggler got a "hot tag" about 10 minutes into the match. He came in, beat up on Edge, then hit the Zig-Zag, but Edge kicked out at 2. A couple minutes later, Christian got a "hot tag" of his own, but Ziggler ruined any momentum Christian tried to gain. In the end, Edge caught Ziggler with a spear, and won the match for E & C. Great match.
Rating - **** & 1/2

Match 3 - Champion vs Champion Match - Stone Cold vs The Rock - WOW! The GM of the WWE show must be trying to pull a Laurinaitis & save his job! Started of very solid. Then, 3 minutes in, The Undertaker came in, seemingly to attack his rival, Austin, but he attacked The Rock. Austin went for the pin, but Rock kicked out, and started to come back on the Rattlesnake. The end of the match was just like you would expect a Stone Cold/Rock match to go - Austin went for the Stunner, Rock countered into a Rock Bottom, only to have it countered into a Stunner, for the win. Reminded me of so many classic battles between the two of them. At the end of the match, security had to hold The Rock & Austin back from one another. Looks like this rivalry, much like in real life, is far from over.
Rating - ****

Match 4 - Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton vs John Cena - Again, this is a match I wouldn't have minded seeing in real life. Right before the match, it was announced that it would be a Falls Count Anywhere Match (it was already a No-DQ match). Early on, Cena went on the offensive and took it to Lesnar & Orton. After a few minutes, Cena & Orton almost seemed to start double teaming the bigger Lesnar. Of course, this only lasted for a while, as Lesnar soon started to man handle both guys. After 7 or 8 minutes, the action spilled to the outside, where Lesnar got the steal steps and started leveling everything in sight. After knocking out Orton with the steps, he caught Cena with an F-5, to pick up the victory. Solid match, but when compared to the other matches on the card, it just didn't stack up
Rating - ***

I have to say, I don't know if it's because of the patch THQ released, but the matches seem to be a lot better, and much more realistic.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4

Last edited by st0rmb11; 02-02-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #700
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Is anyone else having trouble cashing-in MitB? I can't even do it.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #701
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

Real quick, while I'm thinking about it

Here are the rosters

WWE - Alberto Del Rio, Ax, Beth Phoenix, Brock Lesnar, Christian, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Edge, Evan Bourne, Goldust, Jack Swagger, Jeff Hardy, John Cena, Kane, Kelly Kelly, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, The Miz, R-Truth, Randy Orton, The Rock, Sheamus, Smash, Stone Cold, Triple H, Undertaker, Wade Barrett, Zack Ryder

WCW - Animal, Arn Anderson, Booker T, Big Show, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Cody Rhodes, Eddie Guerrero, Goldberg, Hawk, Kevin Nash, Natalya, Ric Flair, Rick Steiner, Ricky Steamboat, Rey Mysterio, Scott Hall, Scott Steiner, Sting, Ted DiBiase, Jr., Tyson Kidd, Vader, William Regal

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #702
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

With the patch and new DLC coming out today, I will hopefully be resuming my universe here soon with my 32-man tournament to determine the #1 contender for Lawler's undisputed championship. Will the King's 1380324502th championship title run be over in less than a month? Or does Lawler have some sleazy, queasy, and cheesy scheme to keep his title?

And I just got a cutscene for a custom match. Awesome! HBK vs. Austin in the first round of the tournament and The Rock decides that he doesn't want Austin to have a chance. Stone Cold vs. Rock is a potential quarter-final matchup.

Austin manages to survive and guess what? The Rock comes out again and takes out both Austin and HBK. I have heel corporate Rock!

And yet another cut scene in a custom match. Had R-Truth vs. The Miz on Superstars set up and Henry takes out the Miz on his way to the ring. Must not appreciate the asskicking Lesnar gave him on Raw. Not sure what Miz has to do with it.

Last edited by dochalladay32; 01-31-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #703
Rookie

OVR: 0

Weren't they supposed to turn injuires down lol? After the patch I did like 5 shows and 3 injuries happened.

Randy Orton, AJ Styles, and Triple H are all hurt. Trips was the WWE Champ, Orton was #1 contender, and AJ was in his debut match lol A last man standing with Taker aha
Old 01-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #704
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99
Weren't they supposed to turn injuires down lol? After the patch I did like 5 shows and 3 injuries happened.

Randy Orton, AJ Styles, and Triple H are all hurt. Trips was the WWE Champ, Orton was #1 contender, and AJ was in his debut match lol A last man standing with Taker aha
If anything, they needed to be turned up. I saw 1 injury that lasted all of a couple weeks in the first 3+ months of my universe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »