Home

I need help on deciding between SvR 2011, WWE 12, or WWE 13

This is a discussion on I need help on deciding between SvR 2011, WWE 12, or WWE 13 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation I need help on deciding between SvR series, WWE 12, or WWE 13

I need help on deciding between SvR 2011, WWE 12, or WWE 13.

My wrestling video game background are from the days of AKI wrestling games and Firepro Wrestling D. Basically NO Mercy was my favourite.

That being said I am looking for a wrestling game that can:

(a) defend titles in the exhibition matches and being able to saves the results so when i come back next time it knows who is the champion

(b) A really good story mode with lots of branches. And a storymode that never ends

(c) Custom entrances so i can customized the entrance music

(d) Control like AKI games or Firepro Wrestling. Basically no button mashing.

(e) The wrestling game that does not have a lot of bugs........

Last edited by kingaddi; 04-09-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 02:17 AM   #2
MVP

Str8Edge4Life's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I need help on deciding between SvR 2011, WWE 12, or WWE 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingaddi
I need help on deciding between SvR 2011, WWE 12, or WWE 13.

My wrestling video game background are from the days of AKI wrestling games and Firepro Wrestling D. Basically NO Mercy was my favourite.

That being said I am looking for a wrestling game that can:

(a) defend titles in the exhibition matches and being able to saves the results so when i come back next time it knows who is the champion

(b) A really good story mode with lots of branches. And a storymode that never ends

(c) Custom entrances so i can customized the entrance music

(d) Control like AKI games or Firepro Wrestling. Basically no button mashing.

(e) The wrestling game that does not have a lot of bugs........
A. In SvR 2011, THQ for some reason took out the ability to have title matches in exhibition mode, but it was back in the next two games (WWE '12 and '13) and it does save who your champions are.

B. Allegedly, they are in branching storylines in WWE '13's Universe mode, but I never got one and if you're on PS3, when a branching storyline did trigger, the box with the choices came up blank. As for a storymode, in '13 there was the Attitude Era mode that spanned from August 97 (Rise of DX) to WrestleMania XV with an Off-Script mode that he matches to unlock certain wrestlers and other unlockables. But before that, from SvR 2009 to WWE '12 had a Road to WrestleMania mode that usually lasted for the certain wrestler in the story from the beginning of January to WrestleMania (except for WWE '12). The closest thing to a never ending story mode would be Universe mode, but you make all the decisions on what happens as it can go on for essentially forever.

C. You can put in custom music as entrance songs.

D. I never played any wrestling games from AKI or Firepro Wrestling so I can't tell how similar or different the controls are. There is button mashing in '12 and '13 with the Breaking Point Submission meter, but it's not bad.

E. I can't speak for SvR 2011 on the bugs front as I don't remember, but with WWE '13, there was only one patch about a week after the game was released, but there wasn't any patch notes. There is a major 1 count bug where you very rarely get a 2 count and so most pin attempts (non-leverage pins) are either 1 or 3 counts. So if your pin gets to 2 you know you already won the match. On PS3 for Universe mode, you can't use a custom arena with a custom logo on the schedule otherwise the game will freeze when going into matches. I was never really affected with any major bug in '12 pre-patch, but I didn't play much of it post-patch so I didn't notice much of a difference.

Since Universe mode is what I play the most, I would recommend WWE '12 if you don't mind the outdated roster as SvR 2011's Universe was brand new at that point title matches were determined by the ranking system and I'm not sure if was glitched or what, but you get weird rankings that you couldn't change (ex. Heath Slater becoming #1 contender to both World Heavyweight and IC Title in mine no matter how many times I made him lose) and WWE '13's Universe isn't as good IMO as '12's.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
After tasting steak you want to choose between 3 kinds of school lunch mystery meats. :-)

You are better off going back to fire pro or no mercy. If you really want one of the new games, get wwe '13. It has the 1 count bug, but it's the best of the 3.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Rookie

I did some massive reading over the weekend and discovered SvR 2006.

SvR 2006 seems to be top 3 on a lot of gamers list. Only problem is that it is for the PS2. But the follow-up SvR 2007 seems to be a winner as well....
Old 04-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
Rookie

1 count bug in WWE 13 is a deal breaker for me. And I am pretty sure 2K won't be releasing a patch for WWE 13 anytime soon. As a matter a fact 2K doesn't even focus on patching their own stable of games such as nba 2k13, mlb 2k12.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Based on my research stay away from SvR 2008 and SvR 2009.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
Rookie

SvR 2010 is looking promising

'For the first time since WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007, the game features four strong grapples, with players now also able to switch between each grapples.[7] Other new move positions include moves involving superstars standing on the ring's apron and a change in ground grapples with side grapple moves and separate moves for opponents depending whether they are on their stomach or back'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_SmackDown_vs._Raw_2010
Old 04-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingaddi
SvR 2010 is looking promising

'For the first time since WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007, the game features four strong grapples, with players now also able to switch between each grapples.[7] Other new move positions include moves involving superstars standing on the ring's apron and a change in ground grapples with side grapple moves and separate moves for opponents depending whether they are on their stomach or back'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_SmackDown_vs._Raw_2010
I would think wwe 13, cause with any other agme your working with an outdated roster.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »