Home

WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Detailed

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Detailed within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #33
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
But lets be real did you really think there was going to be a MAJOR Improvement this year

I didn't even buy WWE13 so 2K14 will feel BRAND NEW to ME
No I wasn't expecting any changes for the most part but I'd like to see an improved AI at least

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #34
Rookie

kisstopher5's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
- Aubrey Sitterson
This right here is amazing. Game was a must have anyway, but this just makes my day. It'll be sick running a rivalry with Austin and Hogan. Can't wait.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #35
Rookie

Calinks's Arena

OVR: 1

Fellas I haven't posted here in years but I have to. I have to be "that guy" who comes in and sounds negative but universe mode is EXTREMLY important to me. It honestly is 90 percent of the reason I will even buy this game. If it's whack or something, I'm out. I could care less about anything else.

The features they showed us in that video looked GREAT but it's totally moot if the mode doesn't work. I know some people had a great universe experience in 13 but many of us, myself included had broken, boring,. terrible experiences.

In WWE 13 I got the same 10 or scenes over and over and over again. It was maddening. In the video we saw, every scene they showed was from that group of 10 I have seen dozens upon dozens of times. The story lines sucked in 13 because of this.

WWE 12, was much better at giving us a varety of scenes that lead to big feuds. I had several interesting stories come out of that. I feel like 12's universe is far superiior to 13's only because it works. 13 has way better features but the stories are terrible.

I don't care what they spice the mode up with this year, if the core engine that creates stories is just as flawed and repetive as 13, this mode is dead to me. I cannot play another universe like that, not when I know there are scores of cutsenes in the game that we can never access.

I cannot get excited about all of this yet because I have no idea how it will all come together. The devs hyped the hell out of 13's universe and we got broken trash that was never repaired. I have to see it or hear from someone's mouth that universe is finally running like it should before I got wetting my pants. That video did nothing to elevate these concerns from me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #36
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calinks
Fellas I haven't posted here in years but I have to. I have to be "that guy" who comes in and sounds negative but universe mode is EXTREMLY important to me. It honestly is 90 percent of the reason I will even buy this game. If it's whack or something, I'm out. I could care less about anything else.

The features they showed us in that video looked GREAT but it's totally moot if the mode doesn't work. I know some people had a great universe experience in 13 but many of us, myself included had broken, boring,. terrible experiences.

In WWE 13 I got the same 10 or scenes over and over and over again. It was maddening. In the video we saw, every scene they showed was from that group of 10 I have seen dozens upon dozens of times. The story lines sucked in 13 because of this.

WWE 12, was much better at giving us a varety of scenes that lead to big feuds. I had several interesting stories come out of that. I feel like 12's universe is far superiior to 13's only because it works. 13 has way better features but the stories are terrible.

I don't care what they spice the mode up with this year, if the core engine that creates stories is just as flawed and repetive as 13, this mode is dead to me. I cannot play another universe like that, not when I know there are scores of cutsenes in the game that we can never access.

I cannot get excited about all of this yet because I have no idea how it will all come together. The devs hyped the hell out of 13's universe and we got broken trash that was never repaired. I have to see it or hear from someone's mouth that universe is finally running like it should before I got wetting my pants. That video did nothing to elevate these concerns from me.
That's why I still playing WWE12 until 2K14 comes out

Like you said WWE12 has better storylines and a variety of cutscenes

2K14 Universe looks promising tho

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 10-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #37
Rookie

Calinks's Arena

OVR: 1

Yea. As long as the storylines work and we don't get the same crap over and over again. I will be fine. I was hoping for some new scenes, backstage stuff, stable stuff, etc. but at this point I will take a working universe with all the fixings.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 8

One of my biggest questions...will we be able to have fully-customized shows, including arenas and logos? I was incredibly pumped for last year's universe mode and spent about 6 hours setting everything up just right so I could have a universe that started from January 1999 and moved forward in an "alternate history" type of universe. I also spent about 6-8 more hours writing an Excel program that would simulate movement between WWF, WCW, and ECW. Couldn't wait to get started with everything I had downloaded and created only to have my WCW Thunder shows freeze EVERY time because of a custom logo.

I am excited about the roster (well, the WM portion anyway...don't really watch anymore) and the things I've read about Universe mode. Will still probably pick this up to try Wrestlemania mode but I don't want to waste a bunch of time setting up a Universe that won't work like I did last year.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #39
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
One of my biggest questions...will we be able to have fully-customized shows, including arenas and logos? I was incredibly pumped for last year's universe mode and spent about 6 hours setting everything up just right so I could have a universe that started from January 1999 and moved forward in an "alternate history" type of universe. I also spent about 6-8 more hours writing an Excel program that would simulate movement between WWF, WCW, and ECW. Couldn't wait to get started with everything I had downloaded and created only to have my WCW Thunder shows freeze EVERY time because of a custom logo.

I am excited about the roster (well, the WM portion anyway...don't really watch anymore) and the things I've read about Universe mode. Will still probably pick this up to try Wrestlemania mode but I don't want to waste a bunch of time setting up a Universe that won't work like I did last year.

I don't see why we wouldn't be able to have fully customized shows. I'm pretty sure they didn't put KOTR to the actual arena bc it's not in the game, but I'm sure you can create the KOTR arena. They just didn't want to show it off bc the creation live stream is Monday.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Glad to see details on Universe mode finally revealed.

One thing I hope: allow custom storylines from the creator to appear in the Universe. It seems like a no-brainer obvious thing but it didn't make it in last year. I would love to either create or download some classic storylines and watch them appear in my universe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »