Home

WWE 2K17 On Solid Ground, Has Room to Grow

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 On Solid Ground, Has Room to Grow within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2017, 01:11 PM   #9
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WWE 2K17 On Solid Ground, Has Room to Grow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS1hunna
I know the 2k basketball guys are active on OS but are the 2k wrestling guys active on here?
Nope. They aren't active anywhere.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:00 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
You are wrong. The 2k forums are pretty active with WWE guys.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #11

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolove626
You are wrong. The 2k forums are pretty active with WWE guys.
Yeah no they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS1hunna
I know the 2k basketball guys are active on OS but are the 2k wrestling guys active on here?

I take it you're talking about developers, right? It was either the final year with THQ or the first year with 2K there was a dev, Marcus Stephenson I think, that posted but I believe he is no longer a dev for the game.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2017, 06:52 PM   #12
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Yeah no they're not.

I take it you're talking about developers, right? It was either the final year with THQ or the first year with 2K there was a dev, Marcus Stephenson I think, that posted but I believe he is no longer a dev for the game.
I thought he meant developers, yeah. Marcus was around a ton when he was with NBA Live and then around a little bit with THQ. I want to say he was with 2K for a year but I don't think he posted here at all while he was with them.

2K just as a whole doesn't seem to want to engage on forums (NBA2K guys always seemed to just come here on their own). I mean, it's their right not to so it is what it is, but i think there's a lot of upside to it if they wanted to do it.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #13
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Great write-up. I agree that the game has made strides, but unfortunately it once again failed to hold my interest for very long. I had a lot of fun with it for about a month, then it got shelved. I recently sold it on eBay for $30, so I feel I got my money's worth. I may get the itch to play it again around WrestleMania season. Might try to find it on the cheap.

I think my biggest issue with the series in general is the game is pretty much out of date on release day. I get they have to cut off the rosters at some point but I would like to see at least one roster update halfway through the cycle. I don't think that's asking too much. I would also like to see alternate attire's. Not really sure why this is so hard. Also there needs to be a way to upload music for caw's.

And please stop nickel and dimeing us for every little thing. I mean $5 for the accelerator, and another $5 for more moves? Come on. And I won't even go into charging for wrestlers that should be in the game from the start.
These are my two biggest complaints with the game. You can count on one hand how many times I have played 2K17. I'm ready to see how much Gamestop will give me on a trade in. In this day and age, there's simply no reason why this game is always out of date right out of the box. And I won't even get started on having to play for every little thing that should be included in the game in the first place. I realize all sports games have DLC you have to pay for but this game has always taken it to a higher level, even when THQ was at the helm.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #14
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Still haven't come across a modern rasslin' game that I prefer to Fire Pro.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:22 AM   #15
Rookie

jaredsmith83's Arena

The difference between 2k15 on next gen and 2k16 was significant enough for me that I was a day one on 2k17. And looking back, I don't know that I really would say that I regret that decision, but I have felt like this game has been incomplete for its entire run. Bugs patched but triggering other bugs. Its not really been a mess, but its not really been a fun experience either. And I haven't even experienced a lot of the bugs that others have.

I'm one of the many who wonders why they constantly hit us up with so many DLC options. And the options that we have been getting aren't really what I would consider to be anything special. I know that rosters being out of date is a hot topic portion of debate, but, I mean if they can add in an updated entrance for someone, why can't they add in that sort of thing for someone new altogether? And I know that there's a lot of talk about how hard it is to schedule the talent in for scanning and all that. But shoot, it can't be THAT hard for attire updates. I guess that's why they put up Community Creation, so that we can do it and they don't have to. I just feel like there's a bit more give in there than they say there is. And I understand that there's a lot involved with it on both ends.

But, I just feel like something isn't fully right with the franchise now and I think that it needs to start making some strides before they lose the people that they gained back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2017, 03:03 PM   #16
Rookie

I have played the games since SvR 2010. The creation suite and rosters are frustrating. On last gen systems, we had access to many different options for entrance moves, the ability to create our own entrance videos, upload our own entrance music and a really cool custom logo designer. Now, on this gen, we can upload a picture already (can't design an original without an art program on the computer, which unfortunately I do not have) no entrance moves other than the wrestlers in the game, and a very limited selection of music that is not being used by other wrestlers. Create a finisher? This was a great feature!!! I think that the future of this game depends on the myUniverse. I think the ability to add more customization to the other aspects of the game is a great start, but give us a better entrance creation suite, move creation, and the ability to be the GM, that was one of the best features in the games for a while. The WWE Draft comes back in to play, bragging rights ppv with your own brand against raw, smackdown, nxt and others, (think bringing Nitro or ECW or ROH back into play) Allow for the old school survivor series ppv format to be brought back and maybe even expand to 4 v 4 tag matches (Something prevalent on wwe tv today). This is a whole new generation of systems which are supposed to have this awesome capability, yet it doesn't feel like this game even scratches the surface of that at all. And if a wrestler is on the main roster, they should be in the game or at least included in an update. Not charged 5$ a crack for. I understand for the fringe stuff like the accelerator. But the roster should be updated as much as possible (madden, the show, nba 2k.) All of these games update rosters pretty much weekly. This shouldn't be difficult to do for wwe. Each wrestler should have the ability for alternate attire. SvR was up to 4 alternate attires you could create. Why not with 2k? You basically have to take up a created wrestler spot to create an alternate attire. USE THE TECHNOLOGY!!! you cant tell me these things cannot be added to 2k18... PS4 and XBone are not downgrades from the PS3 and 360... its sad...

That being said, movement, and physics are getting better, the universe mode is getting better each year, just feels like there is still a ways to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »